• May 29th, 2019 11:56 am
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12715 posts
3372 upvotes
Toronto
codejerry wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:06 pm
I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.
I paid via Paypal so I will just make a claim if all is not right.
Sep 24, 2010
181 posts
56 upvotes
Regina, SK
codejerry wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:06 pm
I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.
I'm pretty sure the refurbished 1070 I bought from Newegg was refurbished by Yamaha themself.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3655 posts
651 upvotes
Ontario
Shows $129

I had a pretty poor experience with my Polk magnifi one sound bar. The subwoofer makes a popping crackling noise which Polk caims is due to interference with my router (basically a design flaw and no solution offered because I can't move my router or sound bar). The AC adapter stopped working one day so I had to buy a third-party one from Amazon. none of these things were covered by the warranty because it was literally days after the one year expired.

Going forward I think I would buy a soundbar without a subwoofer. I looked on the Yamaha y108 and I wish I had chosen the Yamaha given the experience I had. I'm currently in the market to replace my Polk soundbar with something that has built in woofers for a bit of bass. I'm debating either this or the Bose Solo 5. Anybody have feedback that they could share to help guide my purchase?
Jan 17, 2009
871 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Slawek wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:25 am
Shows $129

I had a pretty poor experience with my Polk magnifi one sound bar. The subwoofer makes a popping crackling noise which Polk caims is due to interference with my router (basically a design flaw and no solution offered because I can't move my router or sound bar). The AC adapter stopped working one day so I had to buy a third-party one from Amazon. none of these things were covered by the warranty because it was literally days after the one year expired.

Going forward I think I would buy a soundbar without a subwoofer. I looked on the Yamaha y108 and I wish I had chosen the Yamaha given the experience I had. I'm currently in the market to replace my Polk soundbar with something that has built in woofers for a bit of bass. I'm debating either this or the Bose Solo 5. Anybody have feedback that they could share to help guide my purchase?
If you paid via credit card that extends your warranty (assuming you have that as coverage). Paid for itself when my vizio soundbar died a few months outside of warranty. Worked great while it was under warranty.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3655 posts
651 upvotes
Ontario
Ecsta wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:13 am
If you paid via credit card that extends your warranty (assuming you have that as coverage). Paid for itself when my vizio soundbar died a few months outside of warranty. Worked great while it was under warranty.
I bought it from the source on my visa yes... What do I do?
Jan 17, 2009
871 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Slawek wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:27 am
I bought it from the source on my visa yes... What do I do?
Check the T&C on your visa to see if your card offers the extended warranty benefit. If it does then call the number in your T&C booklet and start the claim process. It's annoying and a bunch of paperwork to do, but in the end they'll pay for repairs to get it fixed, or if it cant be fixed they'll refund you the purchase price.
Jan 21, 2017
156 posts
119 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:52 am
The Costco one seems better.
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-sb362an-f6-review/

Has no Hdmi or ARC though
I own this soundbar and the sound is pretty darn good. Plenty of bass for my taste and the surround sound works great. In fact, my friend bought a $300 Samsung soundbar with wireless sub and he prefers the sound from my Vizio. My only complaint about it is that the sound level increments are too drastic.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
567 posts
224 upvotes
Earlier in this thread I recommended Edifier speakers which is on sale for half the price , those people who bought need to realize it’s a dead system that’s been cleared out as refurbished, the bass is crackling and tweeters are bad in Yamaha... wereas the Edifiers will give you premium experience
Aug 11, 2016
33 posts
5 upvotes
Anyone actually buy a refurb unit, is it working good?
Nov 26, 2004
27 posts
Richmond
I bought one and received it yesterday. It’s really easy to setup and the arc works well. The sound quality doesn’t compare to my receiver and proper 5.1 setup but for the price and the portability it’s okay. I use it as a sound at in my living room to give my tv a little bit more oomph and it’s fine for less than 150
Dec 13, 2012
18 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I found the review on the site to be hilarious ... :

"Cons: No sound thru speakers, sub only
Bass sounds very deformed and grunts"

Lol
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2355 posts
1658 upvotes
Clarington
ead009 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 3:28 pm
Anyone actually buy a refurb unit, is it working good?
My refurb looked brand new. The sound quality isn't fantastic but it's well worth the $150 taxes in if you need something in that price range.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1310 posts
630 upvotes
Kitchener
Weird - I have the 1070 and it words fine with Shield and Netflix.

Did something change with the 1080?