Newegg

ZTE Axon 7 64GB dual sim - $479 on Newegg

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 4:58 pm
84 replies
May 23, 2003
97 posts
71 upvotes
Great phone! And keeps getting updates. Just updated mine yesterday and keep getting it improving with new features and security updates.
Nov 13, 2007
517 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal
I concur with the above. Great phone, constantly getting updates.

However even after over a year, I'm surprised the price hasn't dropped much. I purchased mine as pre-order when it was released. Been quite happy with it ever since.
Aug 23, 2005
550 posts
381 upvotes
Ontario
Really good phone especially the audio. Got one listed for sale in the BST forum if anyone is interested.
Jan 20, 2005
854 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
This was onsale at NewEgg.com until yesterday, for $319usd (might still be active?). I am really interested in trying this phone (reviews are awesome)... Just can't pull the trigger for some reason.

Anyone know if it supports WIFI calling on Rogers?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15234 posts
6055 upvotes
London
Definitely not worth buying anymore. Spend the extra $20 or so and get the LG G6. Vastly superior overall phone(unless you REALLY care about the front speakers)
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4126 posts
666 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Kind of agree with Viper

A bunch of people on here, including myself, bought this phone last Black Friday for the same price and got freebies thrown in.

It's been a very good, reliable phone in the last year. I'm just not sure at this price... Perhaps at sub-$400
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15234 posts
6055 upvotes
London
BD006 wrote: Kind of agree with Viper

A bunch of people on here, including myself, bought this phone last Black Friday for the same price and got freebies thrown in.

It's been a very good, reliable phone in the last year. I'm just not sure at this price... Perhaps at sub-$400
Ya
If it still came with a couple hundred dollars worth of free stuff it would possibly be worth it.

I bought one for my brother for xmas when it was bundled with the battery and monster headphones

I had one myself too, but the camera was so bad that I had to get rid of it(camera performance is about the most important part of a phone to me)
Mar 8, 2017
121 posts
153 upvotes
Ottawa
Viper98 wrote: Ya
If it still came with a couple hundred dollars worth of free stuff it would possibly be worth it.

I bought one for my brother for xmas when it was bundled with the battery and monster headphones

I had one myself too, but the camera was so bad that I had to get rid of it(camera performance is about the most important part of a phone to me)
I got one then too. Good phone but not for this price. The G5 has similar specs and it has been available for under $200 through WOW mobile.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23722 posts
188577 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, seems to be priced quite high vs. some of the other Chinese brands that also make good (or even excellent) quality phones, such as Xiaomi. That being said, we have a plain old ZTE Axon (as opposed to the 7) bought for around $200 I think and it's been great so far.
Sep 27, 2016
149 posts
154 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Been eyeing the Axon 7 to replace my ageing OnePlus One. Wife has the Axon 7 Mini and loves it. However, ZTE has invited tech press to an event in late October to (rumored) introduce the Axon 8. So I will either wait until that and the price drop on the Axon 7, or see what the Axon 8 is all about. Thanks for posting though, OP.
A Little Dab'll Do Ya!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15234 posts
6055 upvotes
London
DaBruuzer wrote: Been eyeing the Axon 7 to replace my ageing OnePlus One. Wife has the Axon 7 Mini and loves it. However, ZTE has invited tech press to an event in late October to (rumored) introduce the Axon 8. So I will either wait until that and the price drop on the Axon 7, or see what the Axon 8 is all about. Thanks for posting though, OP.
Everything I've read about the Axon 8 makes it sound like a rebranded axon 7
Mar 12, 2009
223 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure it's a great phone and all, but it's only $40 off (8%).
Hard to jump on board now when it's been much cheaper in the past.
Feb 5, 2012
782 posts
590 upvotes
Montreal
Great phone happy I bought it last BF with the freebies, I think I will buy ZTE again in future first because of the incredible value but most importantly they do care about updates, unlike Samsung once you bought their phones they don't care about you anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1305 posts
711 upvotes
Montreal
I have had this since it pretty much came out and have liked it. My only meh is the camera which is so so. Damn good sound and the 2 year warranty is top notch, got a replacement phone exchange in 3 days and it looks like new.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3062 posts
2474 upvotes
GVRD
2 years warranty, and if you use headphone, the DAC on the Axon 7 is top notch. But I will not paying this price as these could be had under $400
Apr 24, 2012
190 posts
140 upvotes
Markham, ON
Been using this phone since last Black Friday and it's great. 2 years warranty, plus an extra year from credit card = win. If I do have to complain about one thing, the three buttons at the bottom do not light up so you have to be extra careful in the dark.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3697 posts
2470 upvotes
Calgary
I'm one of the 1st adopters with pre-launch order from newegg. now, 1.25yrs later, my A7 has the newest 7.1.1 Nougat, still runs great & I cant find a reason to upgrade. this phone has been getting more updates (& much quicker I might add) than past samsungs, lg's. best chinese phone ever & I can honestly say I'd look at ZTE again when it's that time of the year
Dec 22, 2008
953 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been using an axon 7 since September 2016.

I've gone through 2 of them (screen crap out and charging issue). This 3rd one works fine.

The warranty service is outstanding I'll say that. But I don't feel it's worth 479. I mean I paid $519 for it with free headphones.

$379cdn is a sweet spot for this phone 1yr old now.

The phone itself is solid. The build quality and feel on hands is great (slippery all metal body so need a case or skin. The screen is a Samsung amoled so that's great. Speakers are best I've heard on a phone since HTC M8. The quick charging can be hit or miss. Look it up a lot of issues. The fingerprint sensor won't detect if your hands have small amount of oil dirt or water on them.

I'll be honest if the axon 8 is sd835 + ip67/68 while keeping great speakers it will be a must buy.