Expired Hot Deals

NewsDemon Black Friday 2020 Sale - US$1 Usenet Is Finally Here!

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 1:16 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 11, 2013
642 posts
1770 upvotes
Westmount, QC

NewsDemon Black Friday 2020 Sale - US$1 Usenet Is Finally Here!

Deal Link:
Price:
US$1
NewsDemon Black Friday 2020 Specials

  • 1TB Non-Expiring Block + VPN for only US$5
  • 2TB Monthly Allotment + VPN for 12 months - US$18/year
  • Unlimited Access Yearly for US$23.99
  • Unlimited Access Monthly + VPN for US$2.49
  • Unlimited Access + VPN - US$1 for first Month- Recurs at US$23.99/year

https://www.newsdemon.com/Black-Friday-Usenet.php

  • Unlimited Speed
  • 50 Connections
  • Slickvpn Protection
  • Premium Retention
33 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
647 posts
804 upvotes
Mississauga
first someone asks.. first rule of... is dont talk about .....

i've been using newsdemon, highly recommended
Sr. Member
Apr 29, 2013
507 posts
740 upvotes
Candiac
All the Usenet deals I've seen so far have the same backbone. Would be nice to have a backup on another backbone.
Image
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3525 posts
237 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Lol it’s only $1 for the first month and then basically $2 for the other months
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2015
117 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
any one know how the VPN portion of the "1TB Non-Expiring Block + VPN for only US$5" works? I am confused as VPN services generally require a subscription but this is a onetime payment of $5. Any thougts?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1056 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
Could someone please explain to me why I need a Usenet service?

I'm open to it but I haven't been on in years.
I've already got a number of VPN's (NordVPN, VPNsecure, SmartDNS) so I don't need another for another 18 years. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1209 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare to newsgroup direct? I am with them for $34 US a year

Unlimited 6 Months
$40/6 months
Unlimited GB
4487 Day Retention
50 Connections
US & EU Servers
SSL Encryption

worth the switch?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2004
3153 posts
2676 upvotes
GVRD
User660103 wrote: any one know how the VPN portion of the "1TB Non-Expiring Block + VPN for only US$5" works? I am confused as VPN services generally require a subscription but this is a onetime payment of $5. Any thougts?
They give out SlickVPN Core for the usetnet plan, which IMO, it's usable but the connection is around 30M give or take. It won't work with streaming and the app crashes my computer once in a while.

Depends on the usage, I have 1TB block for $8 and is on their $15/24 months + VPN + 500GB plan. I don't download enough to fully utilize it. A lot of stuff are available on Google Teams Drive now.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
647 posts
804 upvotes
Mississauga
i don't really use their VPN i've found speeds were bad. i've found speeds better with the keepsolid promo
Member
Dec 12, 2010
229 posts
157 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: They give out SlickVPN Core for the usetnet plan, which IMO, it's usable but the connection is around 30M give or take. It won't work with streaming and the app crashes my computer once in a while.

Depends on the usage, I have 1TB block for $8 and is on their $15/24 months + VPN + 500GB plan. I don't download enough to fully utilize it. A lot of stuff are available on Google Teams Drive now.
SlickVPN is ok. You can actually use OpenVPN as the client as well if the slick vpn client is giving you problems.
I have trouble connecting to different servers. Some work fine, some not at all saying my password is incorrect. Performance is often slow, but that’s just vpn in general.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4187 posts
762 upvotes
T.O.
Was paying 5.50$ to newsgroupdirect. cancelled and went for this... in case if someone doesn't want to switch. During the online cancellation for newgroupdirect, they offered me a 3.99$ to remain a member.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Sr. Member
May 2, 2015
575 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bought it. now I have to go figure out what is usenet..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 17, 2007
6111 posts
2245 upvotes
mrobillard wrote: All the Usenet deals I've seen so far have the same backbone. Would be nice to have a backup on another backbone.
Image
I believe this map is outdated, I think this one is more recent: https://lensdump.com/i/jmQzCo

For instance, NewsGroupDirect is no longer under Omicron, they fall under Usenet Express
Newbie
Nov 26, 2020
7 posts
7 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: first someone asks.. first rule of... is dont talk about .....

i've been using newsdemon, highly recommended
Great advice. If you know about Usenet, you know.
Member
Mar 5, 2017
216 posts
154 upvotes
vancouver
According to the reddit link above slug is taking registrations.
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2018
536 posts
681 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Ok I paid the dollar, what am I supposed to do now ?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)