Expired Hot Deals

[newsdemon] Newsdemon 70% off on ALL plans .. Unlimited monthly plan for (US$3/month) or 1 TB block plan (US$26)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:06 pm
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2239 posts
1176 upvotes
North York
razrsharp wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:41 am
Never tried it before, and seems kinda daunting from the outside. Looking for tips on how to setup, not get "kicked out", other warnings, etc.
https://www.htpcguides.com/ has a Usenet section with all the information you need.
Nov 20, 2015
317 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CheapMang wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:23 pm
Did anyone use slickvpn? I tried it but it seems really slow to surf websites. I have to wait maybe 5 seconds before a site would start loading. Is this how VPN should be?
Super slow and disconnects regularly both on WiFi and wired and at home and work. Also tried on my phone and that continually disconnects... Oh well, glad I'm not paying for that service...
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
533 posts
1338 upvotes
Westmount, QC
themank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 12:15 pm
Super slow and disconnects regularly both on WiFi and wired and at home and work. Also tried on my phone and that continually disconnects... Oh well, glad I'm not paying for that service...
What nonsese. I've using it for a year now. The speeds have always been impressive.

Look at the reviews:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4401 posts
1311 upvotes
Kingston
razrsharp wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:41 am
Never tried it before, and seems kinda daunting from the outside. Looking for tips on how to setup, not get "kicked out", other warnings, etc.
First of all you need an Nzb client which allows you to download the files you want. I use sabnzb. Another popular one is nzbget. Inside the program there will be server settings. That's where you put your username and password for newsdemon

There are lots of other settings you can fool around with but that is the basic that you need to get started. Then you need to find an .Nzb file of what you looking for and put it in the client. The client then downloads what you want. If youve ever used torrents before its the same idea. You Download .torrent files with uTorrent. You Download .nzb files with sabnzb. The .Torrent file and .Nzb file just kind of tells the client where to find the file you actually want and it downloads it. It's seems confusing, but it's not. I'm probably explaining it poorly.

I can't think of any warnings. Some people use a VPN, but I never have. You can also do ssl encrypted connection too. That may help.
I have received a couple copyright email notices before but I'm not concerned. They don't do anything about it. It's just a warning. It's always better to be safe then sorry tho.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2196 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Does Newsdemon keep logs? If so for how long and what info?
Apr 22, 2014
452 posts
192 upvotes
Calgary, AB
raichu1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:20 pm
Does Newsdemon keep logs? If so for how long and what info?
No
Koodo Mobile: 12GB @ 55$
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2299 posts
514 upvotes
Belle River
Regarding the yearly discount issue, when I couldn't get it to apply I asked support and was told it only applies to monthly accounts. These recurring PayPal payment agreements, do they allow the merchant to charge a higher amount automatically in the future?
Tha DraGun wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:55 pm
I have received a couple copyright email notices before but I'm not concerned. They don't do anything about it. It's just a warning. It's always better to be safe then sorry tho.
Oh so that happens with usenet too, probably don't wanna run this on a VPS/server/etc. then.
Nov 20, 2015
317 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary, AB
MarleauP wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:41 pm
What nonsese. I've using it for a year now. The speeds have always been impressive.

It is what it is man... That is my experience so far, am I doing something wrong? Although I don't really care about the VPN, I am just grateful that you posted this deal. $3 a month is better than the $5.50 I was paying with NGD.

Not much difference below, I don't know too much about ping but maybe that explains the sluggishness. Don't know what would explain the disconnects on iPhone. Selected the Toronto server for SlickVPN.

VPN on:

VPN off:

Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2239 posts
1176 upvotes
North York
hystavito wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:29 pm
Regarding the yearly discount issue, when I couldn't get it to apply I asked support and was told it only applies to monthly accounts. These recurring PayPal payment agreements, do they allow the merchant to charge a higher amount automatically in the future?

Oh so that happens with usenet too, probably don't wanna run this on a VPS/server/etc. then.
Very unlikely with usenet. Maybe it was for something else and not due to the fact that he was using usenet.

Heres a reddit thread with a quick explanation and discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... d_content/
themank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:37 pm
It is what it is man... That is my experience so far, am I doing something wrong? Although I don't really care about the VPN, I am just grateful that you posted this deal. $3 a month is better than the $5.50 I was paying with NGD.

Not much difference below, I don't know too much about ping but maybe that explains the sluggishness. Don't know what would explain the disconnects on iPhone. Selected the Toronto server for SlickVPN.

VPN on:

VPN off:

Speeds look fine with VPN ON vs OFF so its not super slow as you described. As for the disconnects, what are you using to connect? OpenVPN or their software?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1573 posts
519 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:55 pm
First of all you need an Nzb client which allows you to download the files you want. I use sabnzb. Another popular one is nzbget. Inside the program there will be server settings. That's where you put your username and password for newsdemon

There are lots of other settings you can fool around with but that is the basic that you need to get started. Then you need to find an .Nzb file of what you looking for and put it in the client. The client then downloads what you want. If youve ever used torrents before its the same idea. You Download .torrent files with uTorrent. You Download .nzb files with sabnzb. The .Torrent file and .Nzb file just kind of tells the client where to find the file you actually want and it downloads it. It's seems confusing, but it's not. I'm probably explaining it poorly.

I can't think of any warnings. Some people use a VPN, but I never have. You can also do ssl encrypted connection too. That may help.
Cool, thanks. Is there a particular search you use for the .Nzb files?
Nov 20, 2015
317 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary, AB
KiraSensei wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:38 pm
Speeds look fine with VPN ON vs OFF so its not super slow as you described. As for the disconnects, what are you using to connect? OpenVPN or their software?
OpenVPN on iOS following this tutorial: https://www.slickvpn.com/tutorials/ipho ... vpn-setup/

That disconnects every couple minutes. Stupid question, are the disconnects caused by the phone's screen turning off to save power? That could be part of the issue, but then it struggles to reconnect and then I just get a "connection timeout" message.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2239 posts
1176 upvotes
North York
themank wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:50 pm
OpenVPN on iOS following this tutorial: https://www.slickvpn.com/tutorials/ipho ... vpn-setup/

That disconnects every couple minutes. Stupid question, are the disconnects caused by the phone's screen turning off to save power? That could be part of the issue, but then it struggles to reconnect and then I just get a "connection timeout" message.
It could be part of the issue but you say you get disconnects on your PC as well?
Dec 26, 2007
54 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks MarleauP for posting this deal. I signed up with Newsdemon for the 10 gb plan to try it out.

Can anyone who is familiar with this service tell me if I can use outlook to access the groups or do I have to purchase a newsreader program
like Newsbin Pro or Newsleecher? What is the difference between using outlook or one of the aforementioned newsreaders recommended Newsdemon?

Do I have to spend $20 on a newsreader program to read groups and or download files?

Thanks for any advice!
Jan 16, 2007
962 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
sean99 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:10 pm
Thanks MarleauP for posting this deal. I signed up with Newsdemon for the 10 gb plan to try it out.

Can anyone who is familiar with this service tell me if I can use outlook to access the groups or do I have to purchase a newsreader program
like Newsbin Pro or Newsleecher? What is the difference between using outlook or one of the aforementioned newsreaders recommended Newsdemon?

Do I have to spend $20 on a newsreader program to read groups and or download files?

Thanks for any advice!
Everything, other than the Newsgroup server is free. Well, maybe the Indexers, but I won't pay for that either.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2160 posts
303 upvotes
Is anyone able to see the final price before paying? I went through paypal the first time and it didn't work and they had to issue a refund, but I want to confirm the 6/mo price before I click submit on paypal with the updated price. Instead it looks like it will just charge before I can even review it.