Nexus 6P users who purchased from google can RMA to a 32GB Pixel XL

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 4:48 pm
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
MarcP wrote: Dammit... RMA'd my Nexus 6P in early August due to the battery issue and they sent me a refurbished Nexus 6P. I should've waited. :(
As long as your phone was originally bought from google canada, original owner then just call for the same excuse
They will simply replace you with Pixel XL
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
johnmoon wrote: As long as your phone was originally bought from google canada, original owner then just call for the same excuse
They will simply replace you with Pixel XL
Even if Google Canada already replaced it a month ago? The new Nexus 6P is working just fine so far, but it is tempting...
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Called them and they wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone. Wasn't ready to go through that pain so I stopped the conversation there. I'll give it a day or two then call again so say that I already tried that. Then see where it goes.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
MarcP wrote: Called them and they wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone. Wasn't ready to go through that pain so I stopped the conversation there. I'll give it a day or two then call again so say that I already tried that. Then see where it goes.
Just tell them you did and it didn't fix it. you'll factory reset it before you send it in anyway.

But I assume you're experiencing the early shut down problem on your refurb... not condoning lying... haha
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I bought two Nexus 6P back in 2015. One was RMA'd in early August for a refurbished Nexus 6P which so far has been working fine. The other one is the one I decided to call about tonight. It doesn't have the battery issue as bad as the other I RMA'd earlier, but it looked like it was on its way and I always intended to call Google. Tonight, I tried the support chat instead of calling. I guess the guy didn't like that I was giving up so he quickly worked on sending my a new Pixel XL 32GB. So there... It works. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
MarcP wrote: I bought two Nexus 6P back in 2015. One was RMA'd in early August for a refurbished Nexus 6P which so far has been working fine. The other one is the one I decided to call about tonight. It doesn't have the battery issue as bad as the other I RMA'd earlier, but it looked like it was on its way and I always intended to call Google. Tonight, I tried the support chat instead of calling. I guess the guy didn't like that I was giving up so he quickly worked on sending my a new Pixel XL 32GB. So there... It works. :D
awesome!
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MarcP wrote: I bought two Nexus 6P back in 2015. One was RMA'd in early August for a refurbished Nexus 6P which so far has been working fine. The other one is the one I decided to call about tonight. It doesn't have the battery issue as bad as the other I RMA'd earlier, but it looked like it was on its way and I always intended to call Google. Tonight, I tried the support chat instead of calling. I guess the guy didn't like that I was giving up so he quickly worked on sending my a new Pixel XL 32GB. So there... It works. :D
I have a Nexus 6p too but I'm not the original owner. What questions do they ask you if I may ask you? Like do they ask you to verify you bought it from the play store?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
futabasan wrote: I have a Nexus 6p too but I'm not the original owner. What questions do they ask you if I may ask you? Like do they ask you to verify you bought it from the play store?
They ask you for the IMEI number, which probably shows them everything they need in the system. Maybe the original owner purchased from google, worth a shot.
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
futabasan wrote: I have a Nexus 6p too but I'm not the original owner. What questions do they ask you if I may ask you? Like do they ask you to verify you bought it from the play store?
As previously mentioned, they'll need the IMEI number, but also your google account info so they can confirm the shipping address. Hopefully the phone was originally purchased from Google, but I can't confirm if it'll work in your case. Make sure to mention the Reddit thread and that the battery issue seems widespread. The support call took a different turn as soon as I mentioned the thread. Got my replacement done in minutes afterward.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Would buying a used Nexus say on Kijiji (that was originally bought through Google) work?

What info do they ask you for?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
cessnabmw wrote: Would buying a used Nexus say on Kijiji (that was originally bought through Google) work?

What info do they ask you for?
They ask for the info(email, order #, name, number, address) of the purchase on Google Play Store.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
got my RMD'd the day i read that reddit post.

everything sounded good but my RMA still hasnt been shipped yet. i think they had a problem with my case. i have a feeling i'll be waiting for a long time for mine to be shipped. i think they screwed up my RMA also.
sigh.

my friend got it done and his device was sent within 2 days lol. I only did my RMA 5 hours after his. i've been waiting on the 5th day now and no shipping tracking yet :(
Last edited by n3o321 on Sep 14th, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote: They ask for the info(email, order #, name, number, address) of the purchase on Google Play Store.
they also ask for the last 4 digits of credit card.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
too bad i sold my phone awhile ago
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Sep 16, 2013
159 posts
79 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Got my Nexus 6P on eBay. Tried an RMA since I have the early shutdown issue. They asked for the IMEI to see where it was bought and apparently mine was not bought from Google originally. Worth a shot but no go. Basically, if you got it anywhere other than Google: you're dicked.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Not too happy that in Canada, they are only replacing with the 32GB XL, no matter what size of your Nexus 6P was... I am already over that on my 128GB 6P.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2828 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
hdom wrote: Not too happy that in Canada, they are only replacing with the 32GB XL, no matter what size of your Nexus 6P was... I am already over that on my 128GB 6P.
Can't be over if your phone is only 128gb Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
So people like me who got it from their carrier (Rogers in my case) are SOL? Huawei is a scummy company. Battery issues literally a month after the 1 year warranty passed.