Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11805 posts
2348 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Crazy!!!!

Brady to the Cowboys!!! Let’s make this happen lol
They already franchised Dak... that's estimated at roughly $33 million. Wouldn't make much sense to take on another $30 million salary. There is a small possibility that the Cowboys negotiate a trade where they send Dak to another team, but that's highly unlikely. Front runners: Bucs and Chargers. Outside chance: Dolphins, Colts, Raiders, Bears and Giants. It's going to be tough seeing him in anything but a Patriots uni, but such is life. I was a Pats fan well before Brady and will still be one afterwards. I'm really glad I finally made the trip to Foxborough to see a Patriot home game last season. I attended many in Buffalo, but never a home game.

EDIT: Colts just signed old man Rivers, so they are out on Brady.
Last edited by joeyjoejoe on Mar 17th, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11738 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
He better find a team with a good O line lol or else he’s going to get crushed. I can’t see him doing too much drastically for any team. And certainly not a SB.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1862 upvotes
Scarborough
joeyjoejoe wrote: EDIT: Colts just signed old man Rivers, so they are out on Brady.
trellaine201 wrote: He better find a team with a good O line lol or else he’s going to get crushed. I can’t see him doing too much drastically for any team. And certainly not a SB.
I feel bad for Rivers. With that O-line, he's going to get rocked many a time, like he did for a bunch of years with the Chargers. It would have made no sense for Brady to even be in consideration with the Colts. Look at how Brissett got wrecked last year. Indy needs to be putting together an o-line first. Via draft, trade, free agency.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11738 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
LOL he better be quick or it will be a short season for brady.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7121 posts
1886 upvotes
T dot 6
Strafe1 wrote: I feel bad for Rivers. With that O-line, he's going to get rocked many a time, like he did for a bunch of years with the Chargers. It would have made no sense for Brady to even be in consideration with the Colts. Look at how Brissett got wrecked last year. Indy needs to be putting together an o-line first. Via draft, trade, free agency.
This makes me think of Luck and how Indy couldn't put together a o-line to protect him which basically forced him to retire at 29. Sad.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/a ... ries-hits/

Andrew Luck’s rookie contract ran from 2012-2015. What we know about rookie contracts is they are exceedingly inexpensive, especially for quarterbacks compared to veteran deals.

Andrew Luck was hitting the cap for between $4M and $7M in the four years between 2012 and 2015. As a result, the Colts were in the bottom half of the league in cap space allocated to the quarterback position.

A perfect position to be in. Because it allows the GM to spend money on other positions.

But Colts GM Ryan Grigson became greedy. After compiling 11-5 records and making the playoffs in each of the 2012 and 2013 seasons, Grigson began shifting cap dollars from the offensive side of the ball to the defensive side of the ball.

The 2014 Colts were the second-least expensive offense and the fifth-most expensive defense.

Grigson was funneling cap dollars away from many offensive positions, including the offensive line, and shifting them to the defense.

By 2015, the Colts had the most expensive defense and the fourth least expensive offense.

Grigson was signing free agent upon free agent on the defensive side of the football. And free agents are expensive.

The offense was cheap, and the single cheapest unit on the offense in 2015? The offensive line.

It was the fourth-cheapest offensive line in the NFL.

Two of the five starters on that 2015 offensive line were undrafted free agents.

Two others were Hugh Thornton and Jack Mewhort. Both Thornton and Mewhort were drafted by Grigson. Neither lasted past their rookie deals (one was cut before the deal ended). Both flopped out of the NFL after the Colts were done with them.

It was behind that line in 2015 that Andrew Luck’s career began to be shortened.

For the first time in his career, Luck was injured and missed time. Substantial time due to substantial injuries.

In 2015, Luck played only seven games.

Not only did Grigson acquire expensive free agent after expensive free agent for the defensive side of the ball, which created less spending available for the offense, he simply didn’t draft offensive linemen.

During the entirety of the four years of Luck’s rookie contract, Grigson drafted a total of three offensive linemen before the seventh round:

Hugh Thornton (cut before his rookie deal expired and never played again in the NFL)
Khaled Holmes (cut before his rookie deal expired and never played again in the NFL)
Jack Mewhort (never played again in the NFL after his rookie deal expired)
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1110 posts
157 upvotes
I have no **** clue what the Bears are doing and that pleases me as a Packers fan.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1178 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
Ninja15 wrote: Whose next....Edelman?!
I get that Gronk is an upgrade in the TE position, but Edelman (or Percy Harvin as per rumours) wouldn't. Plus, it's an expensive upgrade and the Bucs now have very little cap space for some still glaring needs.
Dec 28, 2009
239 posts
75 upvotes
jalaram wrote: it's an expensive upgrade and the Bucs now have very little cap space for some still glaring needs.
How is the Bucs O-line?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1178 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
Ninja15 wrote: How is the Bucs O-line?
It's not horrible, but they were inconsistent. Untimely penalties. And although Brady will make better decisions than Jameis would when under pressure, he won't be able to run away. A couple of solid tackles and I'll feel safer. :)

The other glaring need IMHO is the secondary.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
6891 posts
396 upvotes
There's a good chance the Bucs will draft a tackle tonight I believe.

Plus, O.J Howard has been rumored to be on the way out so that that would clear up cap space for the Bucs if needed.

Btw, I'm secretly hoping Antonio Brown joins the Bucs... haha.. then that would be a circus.