Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NHL 17 included in the EA Access Vault - AVAILABLE NOW

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2017 4:30 pm
Oct 7, 2013
170 posts
95 upvotes
Westmount

NHL 17 included in the EA Access Vault - AVAILABLE NOW

Deal Link:
Was casually browsing the title selection yesterday and noticed that NHL 17 is now available for download with EA Access. Sweet!
32 replies
Jan 31, 2010
370 posts
137 upvotes
St. John's
This is probably a stupid question, but I haven't owned a console in a long time.

In order to get this EA access thing, do you need to have a subscription to some sort of Xbox thing as well? I'm considering getting a new console, just want to know what the costs will be up front.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
cquilliam wrote: This is probably a stupid question, but I haven't owned a console in a long time.

In order to get this EA access thing, do you need to have a subscription to some sort of Xbox thing as well? I'm considering getting a new console, just want to know what the costs will be up front.

You need an Xbox Live Gold membership which costs about $50 a years depending on the deals and then you need to purchase EA Access which costs $30 for the whole year. You are looking at about $80 for both services but access to a lot of EA games.
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
danzerino wrote: You need an Xbox Live Gold membership which costs about $50 a years depending on the deals and then you need to purchase EA Access which costs $30 for the whole year. You are looking at about $80 for both services but access to a lot of EA games.
You don't need Xbox live gold, you can just get the EA Access membership.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
labrite wrote: You don't need Xbox live gold, you can just get the EA Access membership.
All the fun is playing online if you get Access might as well be able to play online
Jan 31, 2010
370 posts
137 upvotes
St. John's
labrite wrote: You don't need Xbox live gold, you can just get the EA Access membership.
Ahh, thanks, that's a good thing to know. I don't really want to play online to be honest, just want something I can pop into every once in a while, play a few games, and that's it.
Aug 25, 2010
345 posts
95 upvotes
danzerino wrote: You need an Xbox Live Gold membership which costs about $50 a years depending on the deals and then you need to purchase EA Access which costs $30 for the whole year. You are looking at about $80 for both services but access to a lot of EA games.
I didn't realize that it was that cheap... I'm an PS4 owner and wish we had this service as well.
Jan 31, 2010
370 posts
137 upvotes
St. John's
suffocate wrote: I didn't realize that it was that cheap... I'm an PS4 owner and wish we had this service as well.
I just had to look up if this was available for the PS4, as I haven't decided on what console to get, and came across an article on gamespot about it. The quote from a Sony rep stated: ""We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,""
Aug 25, 2010
345 posts
95 upvotes
cquilliam wrote: I just had to look up if this was available for the PS4, as I haven't decided on what console to get, and came across an article on gamespot about it. The quote from a Sony rep stated: ""We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,""
What a joke. I generally recommend PS4 (Its all I've ever played really and I like the exclusives) but that seems like a pretty awesome service.

Just talked to a colleague about it and he mentioned that he has access to most of the sports games and other titles like Mass Effect and Battlefield 4 etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
cquilliam wrote: I just had to look up if this was available for the PS4, as I haven't decided on what console to get, and came across an article on gamespot about it. The quote from a Sony rep stated: ""We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,""
Says a guy that probably turned EA down at their offer to Sony for the service and now regrets seeing how successful it has been on Xbox Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Before anyone post's "fanboy" comments i own both consoles, and am neither a sony or microsoft fanboy, just enjoy EA access especially since my console came with 1 year free as a bonus
Jan 12, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Same cost + 10 dollars of one PS Plus membership. I'm still bitter from teh weekend when I had to renew PS Plus
Jan 12, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jbone14 wrote: Says a guy that probably turned EA down at their offer to Sony for the service and now regrets seeing how successful it has been on Xbox Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Before anyone post's "fanboy" comments i own both consoles, and am neither a sony or microsoft fanboy, just enjoy EA access especially since my console came with 1 year free as a bonus
The emoticon clearly indicates you support XBOX. #fanboy #psplussucks #Ipaidtoomuch #pspro&xbonesowner
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
t3hnppwnz wrote: The emoticon clearly indicates you support XBOX. #fanboy #psplussucks #Ipaidtoomuch #pspro&xbonesowner
Hahah :facepalm:
Jan 31, 2010
370 posts
137 upvotes
St. John's
suffocate wrote: What a joke. I generally recommend PS4 (Its all I've ever played really and I like the exclusives) but that seems like a pretty awesome service.

Just talked to a colleague about it and he mentioned that he has access to most of the sports games and other titles like Mass Effect and Battlefield 4 etc.
Does seem to be a better draw for Xbox1 . But the PS4 has an exclusive on The Show... tough choices :/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
EA Access and Xbox Live Gold gives you so much content you really don't need to buy anything else other than a console for the casual gamer that doesn't have to play everything on release day.

It's actually a great way to go. Buy an Xbone bundle and pay your $80 a year and you're done.

It's the best deal in modern gaming, console or PC.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
love EA Access, costco.ca sells the 12-month code for like $28, so works out to pocket change per month. i use it pretty much just for sports games, and peruse battlefront every once in a while to get my star wars fix. overall i'd say it's great value.
Feb 17, 2017
114 posts
108 upvotes
I'm guessing Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 will probably be added to vault in a few months.
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
ILikeCheap wrote: I'm guessing Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 will probably be added to vault in a few months.
probably I remember they added hardline super quick I think like 6 months after release
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
ea access is an amazing value, but prolly hurting ea... I haven't bought an ea game since I got my xbox, normally would buy sport games year after year

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)