[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15815 posts
7157 upvotes
London

NHL 22: PS5 and Series with new engine!

Exciting!
Last edited by Viper98 on Aug 19th, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8953 posts
10138 upvotes
Toronto
Where did you hear this was an Xbox/PC exclusive? If anything, it will launch on GP.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15815 posts
7157 upvotes
London
9394 wrote: Where did you hear this was an Xbox/PC exclusive? If anything, it will launch on GP.
The teaser very prominently only shows an Xbox and Windows logo. It's put out by EA, so there's no reason to not display a Playstation logo
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8953 posts
10138 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: The teaser very prominently only shows an Xbox and Windows logo. It's put out by EA, so there's no reason to not display a Playstation logo
Marketing deal? We'll find out.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6289 posts
6587 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: The teaser very prominently only shows an Xbox and Windows logo. It's put out by EA, so there's no reason to not display a Playstation logo
f2duq9ptxa521~2.jpg
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15815 posts
7157 upvotes
London
HDawg wrote: It'll be on all platforms:

https://www.polygon.com/22631542/nhl-22 ... -frostbite

However, no cross play and no PC. Doing so would mean EA are listening to their fans.
I don't understand why they would show the windows logo on the original teaser... But given that they are using the next gen engine it makes sense that there's no PC game since even FIFA and Madden aren't getting that on PC
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6289 posts
6587 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: I don't understand why they would show the windows logo on the original teaser... But given that they are using the next gen engine it makes sense that there's no PC game since even FIFA and Madden aren't getting that on PC
It's pretty common for one platform to announces a game, or for the publisher to announce it and emphasize one platform exclusively. Then hours later, it's revealed to be cross-platform. I know many times where this happens at E3, just can't think of a specific one ATM.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15815 posts
7157 upvotes
London
BernardRyder wrote: It's pretty common for one platform to announces a game, or for the publisher to announce it and emphasize one platform exclusively. Then hours later, it's revealed to be cross-platform. I know many times where this happens at E3, just can't think of a specific one ATM.
That really only happens when it's revealed during a showcase for that company

It would never be done normally because it does nothing but lose you potential revenue

Not that that matters because thwy showed the windows logo despite it bit even being on windows
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6289 posts
6587 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: That really only happens when it's revealed during a showcase for that company

It would never be done normally because it does nothing but lose you potential revenue

Not that that matters because thwy showed the windows logo despite it bit even being on windows
Yes exactly that's when they do it. Considering times aren't exactly "normal" right now, this is an Xbox reveal trailer that just isn't linked to an event is all. And I don't know what revenue would have been lost because of the trailer.
Also an important distinction here, watch the trailer again and you'll see that there wasn't a Windows logo anywhere, but a Microsoft logo. So it was never implied there was going to be a PC version in any case.

Logo in video
mslogo.jpg

Windows logo
windows_logo_thumb1200_16-9.png
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10454 posts
4683 upvotes
Mitch Marner’s X-Factor would be disappearing during the playoffs.

Viper98 wrote: I don't understand why they would show the windows logo on the original teaser... But given that they are using the next gen engine it makes sense that there's no PC game since even FIFA and Madden aren't getting that on PC
Resident Evil Village (Resident Evil 8) had a marketing partnership with Sony, and RE Village ended up selling about 80% of all copies on Playstation and half of total sales on PS5.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Aug 20th, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3406 posts
2823 upvotes
Markham
XFactor11 wrote: Mitch Marners' X-Factor would be disappearing during the playoffs.
I do believe he’s the cover star for PGA Tour 22.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1049 posts
1109 upvotes
Ontario
I buy these EA sports games when they drop to $25
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8953 posts
10138 upvotes
Toronto
ODoyleRulz wrote: I buy these EA sports games when they drop to $25
If you are only playing single player, that makes sense.

Never understood those that waited for sales to buy multiplayer games. To maximize online gameplay, best to purchase early.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1049 posts
1109 upvotes
Ontario
ODoyleRulz wrote: I buy these EA sports games when they drop to $25
9394 wrote: If you are only playing single player, that makes sense.

Never understood those that waited for sales to buy multiplayer games. To maximize online gameplay, best to purchase early.
I play NHL/FIFA/Madden too infrequently to justify full price, never had an issue finding people online to play, especially after 5pm the pool gets larger, even if I’m a few years back. I also don’t need the latest roster. This year should be a good update though for next gen graphics.
Mar 26, 2005
443 posts
80 upvotes
Slap shot rebound is the game to play
Feb 28, 2012
597 posts
475 upvotes
Vaughan
ODoyleRulz wrote: I play NHL/FIFA/Madden too infrequently to justify full price, never had an issue finding people online to play, especially after 5pm the pool gets larger, even if I’m a few years back. I also don’t need the latest roster. This year should be a good update though for next gen graphics.
Don’t forget NHL always goes 50% off on Black Friday followed by the December sale which is usually another 10%. We’ll see if the later launch date this year affects the sale but I doubt it.