Expired Hot Deals

[NHL] NHL GameCentre Live Early Bird Pricing ($179.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2016 8:43 am
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
416 posts
220 upvotes
Edmonton

NHL GameCentre Live Early Bird Pricing ($179.99)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
October 11, 2016
Retailer:
NHL
NHL Game Centre Live has early bird pricing right now. As a bonus, earlybird subscribers will have full access to the World Cup of Hockey games.
Last edited by darkstar107 on Sep 1st, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
169 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1539 posts
482 upvotes
Edmonton
my roomate is a rogers cell customer. free for another season!

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Oct 3, 2006
655 posts
230 upvotes
Don't know if the russian tricks work anymore this year?
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
416 posts
220 upvotes
Edmonton
Koolfreak wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:02 am
Don't know if the russian tricks work anymore this year?
Not sure on this but I connected through a Germany VPN and it doesn't look like the other regions even have their pricing up yet. I ended up subscribing through Rogers rather than chance it not working or my account get suspended.
Dec 24, 2007
73 posts
31 upvotes
Planning on cutting cable, how's the quality of gamecentre?
Is it good looking on a big screen TV?
Don't care about blackouts, planning on following the red Wings.
Don't blame me, blame my gender
Sep 30, 2010
408 posts
131 upvotes
Markham
The feeds are pretty much all HD but the speed of your internet will have a huge impact on the broadcast.
Ray1905 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:08 am
Aug 17, 2015
81 posts
35 upvotes
Canmore, AB
darkstar107 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:06 am
Not sure on this but I connected through a Germany VPN and it doesn't look like the other regions even have their pricing up yet. I ended up subscribing through Rogers rather than chance it not working or my account get suspended.
I signed up last year through the US region ... late in the season and was significantly cheaper than rogers. Had no issues with it working, though did require the US version of the app when watching on phone.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18512 posts
1785 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 10:51 am
In Vancouver, I found that last season nearly all of the Canucks games except for nationally televised games were blacked out on my "free" Rogers plan unless I had a cable subscription. It made GCL useless for me since I only really watch the Canucks in season.

Did you find the same issue? Do really want to mess with getting a VPN set up.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13360 posts
3617 upvotes
London
Ray1905 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:08 am
I streamed almost every Wings game last season and it was excellent quality throughout

the only problem is there's a delay on the stream.....so make sure you're not using any apps on your phone that give updates
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11421 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
I'm going to wait another year.

Last year the Gamecenter changed in the middle of the season due to service supplier changers. It was very iffy.
Prior to that, I hated gamecenter's web browser stream as it was 30fps instead of 60fps. Their Android app was also limited to 30fps.
I actually had to get a hacked stream from Gamecenter to get 60fps on my computer.

The state of hockey viewing is very sad ever since Hockeystreams closed.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4466 posts
1391 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just a note for those with Rogers Wireless Share Everything Plans, you can now register for the Full Free Season with your account Login info through this same link above
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1539 posts
482 upvotes
Edmonton
Haz wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:15 am
freewheelin76 wrote:
In Vancouver, I found that last season nearly all of the Canucks games except for nationally televised games were blacked out on my "free" Rogers plan unless I had a cable subscription. It made GCL useless for me since I only really watch the Canucks in season.

yes they do this. we used a vpn and the games showed up. it was weird though, on my roomates cell phone the games were not blacked out but if we logged in on a computer and streamed they would be blacked out. made no sense.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18512 posts
1785 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:23 am
Haz wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:15 am
freewheelin76 wrote:

yes they do this. we used a vpn and the games showed up. it was weird though, on my roomates cell phone the games were not blacked out but if we logged in on a computer and streamed they would be blacked out. made no sense.
Last last year, I found the same thing on the occasional blacked out game. it streamed on my phone but not on my home network. I figured it was because my phone IP was showing as belonging to somewhere in Alberta instead of BC. I found that mobile IPs are weird sometimes.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
416 posts
220 upvotes
Edmonton
JethroChoicebro wrote: I signed up last year through the US region ... late in the season and was significantly cheaper than rogers. Had no issues with it working, though did require the US version of the app when watching on phone.
I signed up through Germany last year and didn't have any issues. I paid $80 when Rogers was still charging $150. MLB didn't take over until midway through the year though, so they might get more strict on that this year...I just didn't want to take the chance after getting burned by hockeystreams (I had over 250 days left on my subscription when it got shut down).
alkizmo wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:17 am
I'm going to wait another year.

Last year the Gamecenter changed in the middle of the season due to service supplier changers. It was very iffy.
Prior to that, I hated gamecenter's web browser stream as it was 30fps instead of 60fps. Their Android app was also limited to 30fps.
I actually had to get a hacked stream from Gamecenter to get 60fps on my computer.

The state of hockey viewing is very sad ever since Hockeystreams closed.
They did start to make slight improvements to the web player towards the end of the season; they changed it so that the controls actually went away when in full screen...that's a win. The web player is far better than console for using the DVR so if I'm watching on delay I watch on my HTPC and if I'm watching live, I watch on my XBOX one for a little better quality. Their launch was also very rushed though and now they've had all summer to iron out the wrinkles...or at least they should have. I'm hopeful that it will be much improved from February.
Aug 17, 2015
81 posts
35 upvotes
Canmore, AB
Blackouts are certainly a pain but easily solved with DNS/VPN...though not necessarily for free.

The early bird deal is open until Oct 11, so I'll wait to see what the prices look like in other regions. Avoiding Rogers if possible would be an added bonus