None
[OP]
Banned
Feb 16, 2015
59 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

NHL players don't want to play in Canada cities

I thought this was you people's national sports. What gives?

[these cities] are usually looked over because of their “climate, lack of success and being a Canadian team,”

www.torontosun.com/2015/02/18/hockey-pl ... ese-cities

Being a Canadian team makes you inferior?
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
28 upvotes
Cold weather and being scrutinized by the fans and media for every move you make on and off the ice, can you blame them?
Nov 23, 2011
114 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
canadian hockey fans are uneducated fools
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1794 posts
329 upvotes
LaiSee wrote: I thought this was you people's national sports. What gives?
What's with "you people"? You have Vancouver as your location, so shouldn't it be "our national sport" - or are you not Canadian even though you live here and use our resources? What gives?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
1205 posts
87 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: You forget the biggest reason: much higher taxes.
The taxes thing is a myth ... Alberta has lower taxes for millionaires than anywhere in the States including Texas, and California has highest taxes for millionaire.

Because of jock tax though most will pay between 43-47%
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1175 posts
84 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
akira1971 wrote: What's with "you people"? You have Vancouver as your location, so shouldn't it be "our national sport" - or are you not Canadian even though you live here and use our resources? What gives?
From the way he was writing I assumed he is American.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13852 posts
3019 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I'm pretty sure Carey Price and PK Subban love playing in Montreal. Maybe you don't get ripped by US fans if you suck, but you also don't get your name chanted during games by 20000 fans, either.
Dec 30, 2008
359 posts
71 upvotes
Bradford
Would I rather spend my winters in Tampa or Winnipeg? hmmmm lets think about that.
[OP]
Banned
Feb 16, 2015
59 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
akira1971 wrote: What's with "you people"? You have Vancouver as your location, so shouldn't it be "our national sport" - or are you not Canadian even though you live here and use our resources? What gives?
I am an expat from another country. And I never like hockey, the puck is too small to see.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
15876 posts
10571 upvotes
Toronto
LaiSee wrote: I am an expat from another country. And I never like hockey, the puck is too small to see.
lol

I guess you were a fan of Fox's "glow puck"?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
2689 posts
278 upvotes
Except they said Vancouver is still desirable

On one hand it's sad that they don't want to play in a Canadian market, but on the other I don't blame them
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13852 posts
3019 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yep, because Canadian have too much passion for hockey, like how sports rules in the US. Other countries have/had problems with sports, too, in their culture. And wasn't there some East Asian country that caned their kids for getting bad grades?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1794 posts
329 upvotes
LaiSee wrote: I am beginning to think this is a Canadian problem to ice hockey.
I don't see sportsmanship in this sports in Canada. Europe seems better.
Verbal abuse at refs is wrong and the parents should be banned, but at least the hockey referee is alive. Unlike Richard Nieuwenhuizen, a Dutch soccer lineman, who was killed by 6 teenage players and a parent.
Or Giner Tarazon, a 17-year-old ref that lost a spleen after an attack during a football game in Spain.
Or how about bombing a football referee's car in Cyprus?

That's just violence targeted at the soccer referee. I don't even have enough space to list all the hooliganism that goes on in the stands. What were you saying about sportsmanship and "Europe seems better"?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1847 posts
296 upvotes
dphythian wrote: Would I rather spend my winters in Tampa or Winnipeg? hmmmm lets think about that.
That went thru Evander Kane's mind before bailing on that team, but they shafted him by sending him to Buffalo instead. DOH!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)