• Jun 24th, 2013 11:05 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Mr.Sea wrote: I only managed to guess one series right, NYR in 7. I was 1 game off in the Pens and Chicago series.

matdywer you may want to be a little bit more clear with your picks.
i think it's clear enough, the first team listed is his pick as indicated by the '>' sign that follows it.

BTW, to those who want to post picks .... there's no break in NHL action.

The Pens/Sens series and Kings/Sharks series start tonight! :razz:
"I don't think conflict is a bad thing ... As long as you handle it as men." - John Tortorella

2013 RFD NHL Playoffs Pool CHAMPION #CONFIRMED
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
VCR wrote: Blackhawks / Red Wings - Red Wings in six (this pick made because it would main(sic) the best possible outcome from a Canucks' POV as it relates to higher draft position)
For those that don't get the reference, see:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/prospe ... -Works.htm
Draft Order

The 14 teams that missed the playoffs during the previous NHL season are awarded the first 14 picks. They draft in order of fewest points to most points, subject to the results of the draft lottery.
The current Stanley Cup champion picks last (30th).
The Stanley Cup runner-up picks 29th.
The other two Conference Finalists pick 28th and 27th.
Regular-season division winners hold the other lowest positions.
Remaining teams draft in order of fewest points to most points from the previous regular season.
"I don't think conflict is a bad thing ... As long as you handle it as men." - John Tortorella

[OP]
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
VCR wrote: i think it's clear enough, the first team listed is his pick as indicated by the '>' sign that follows it.

BTW, to those who want to post picks .... there's no break in NHL action.

The Pens/Sens series and Kings/Sharks series start tonight! :razz:
Yeah, but I keep reading the second part of what he said, "Sens in 6, Bruins in 5...etc"

I can't post my picks for the Sens vs Pens game as the Pens are already up 3-1 on the Sens. And it wouldn't be fair. Putting that aside I was going to have the Pens win it in 6.

LA vs SJ ---> SJ in 6
NYR vs Boston ----> NYR in 7
Detroit vs Chicago ----> Chicago in 5
Jan 17, 2011
224 posts
13 upvotes
Well I got 6 out of 8 right with two of them being exact number of games! Not bad eh
I know its a bit late but o well its not like we are betting or anything...
Sharks/Kings game even though its 1-0 for the Kings, I say Sharks win in 7
Hawks/Wings.... is there any doubt who would win this one? regardless of Hawks being up 1-0 yeah I say Hawks in 5
Pens/Sens... same as above really, regardless of that series being 1-0 for the Pens, I was gonna pick Pens in 5
Bruins/Rangers.... After that hard fought series with the leafs I say they are tired. Besides, they didnt really dominate Toronto the way I thought they would so yeah Rangers in 6
:cool:
[OP]
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
maxpwr wrote: Well I got 6 out of 8 right with two of them being exact number of games! Not bad eh
I know its a bit late but o well its not like we are betting or anything...
Sharks/Kings game even though its 1-0 for the Kings, I say Sharks win in 7
Hawks/Wings.... is there any doubt who would win this one? regardless of Hawks being up 1-0 yeah I say Hawks in 5
Pens/Sens... same as above really, regardless of that series being 1-0 for the Pens, I was gonna pick Pens in 5
Bruins/Rangers.... After that hard fought series with the leafs I say they are tired. Besides, they didnt really dominate Toronto the way I thought they would so yeah Rangers in 6
Nicely done! Too bad your 2nd round picks are so late. They don't count now. :P
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
So, This second round is --- > :( <--- , VCR only have a chance of getting one right prediction out of four.

Not too surprising, however, going with four underdog picks.

[OP]
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
Mr.Sea wrote: Pens win it in 6.

LA vs SJ ---> SJ in 6
NYR vs Boston ----> NYR in 7
Detroit vs Chicago ----> Chicago in 5
Penguins off by 1 game.
LA won in 7. Completely wrong.
Boston won in 5, completely wrong.
I hope detroit wins in 7, but chicago has lots of momentum right now.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
This is awesome! Went an unperfect 0-4 in the second round going with my four underdog "hope to win" picks. This time, I'll make picks on who I actually think will win in the semi-finals:

Kings defeat the Blackhawks in six games
Penguins defeat the Bruins in six games

What say you?

[OP]
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
VCR wrote: This is awesome! Went an unperfect 0-4 in the second round going with my four underdog "hope to win" picks. This time, I'll make picks on who I actually think will win in the semi-finals:

What say you?
I'm late to make my picks but I thought the penguins and blackhawks would be in the finals.

Lets just say both series will be over in 6 as well.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
VCR wrote: This is awesome! Went an unperfect 0-4 in the second round going with my four underdog "hope to win" picks. This time, I'll make picks on who I actually think will win in the semi-finals:

What say you?
It sure looks like I'm going for my second "sweep" ... :(

[OP]
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
VCR wrote: It sure looks like I'm going for my second "sweep" ... :(
I got one right. Failed completely on the Penguins vs Bruins.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Wow! The interest in the Stanley Cup Finals is off-the-charts!!!

Anyway, here is VCR's Finals Prediction:

The 2013 (asterisk) Presidents' Trophy CHAMPIONS Chicago Blackhawks win The Stanley Cup in 6 games.

Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Jun 12th, 2013 02:51 PM (PT):
VCR wrote: Wow! The interest in the Stanley Cup Finals is off-the-charts!!!

Anyway, here is VCR's Finals Prediction:

The 2013 (asterisk) Presidents' Trophy CHAMPIONS Chicago Blackhawks win The Stanley Cup in 6 games.
So, it looks like VCR has "won" RFD's Playoffs Pool finishing it off with a perfect prediction.

Uh ... so what exactly did VCR win here? :confused:

Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17013 posts
12414 upvotes
Toronto
VCR playing by/with himself.......surprise surprise.