Expired Hot Deals

[Army Navy] NHL Two-Person Tent $19.99 Army & Navy (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2014 10:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1056 posts
407 upvotes
Metro Vancouver

[Army Navy] NHL Two-Person Tent $19.99 Army & Navy (YMMV)

Saw a stack of these NHL-themed two-adult tents at the Army & Navy in Langley. The box says there are a handful of teams available — this location was only selling Vancouver Canucks ones. Picked one up for a camping trip in a couple of weeks and as such can't attest to its quality yet, but I imagine it should be fine for fair-weather camping.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/16lwpl5.jpg[/IMG]
9 replies
Jan 3, 2008
312 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
These were probably intended for Torterella and his family to live in.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1426 posts
315 upvotes
brendon wrote: These were probably intended for Torterella and his family to live in.
Even if he got removed he's got bank from two teams prematurely firing him
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2970 posts
1692 upvotes
I got one of these a few years back at shoppers for $10 during a clear out of summer items. Unless they changed what it's made of, use this as a back yard summer fun tent only. This sucker let's the rain in. We woke up in a puddle and our only savoir was our air mattress. Luckily it was just for an over night stay after a wedding.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3601 posts
1877 upvotes
Halifax
Much like the Toronto Maple leafs, these tents will let you down one more time!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1002 posts
351 upvotes
bridonca wrote: Much like the Toronto Maple leafs, these tents will let you down one more time!
See the whole letting someone down one more/last time worked for the obituaries because you are literally let down into the ground.

This one doesn't work as well. Better luck next time.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3320 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
uklamen wrote: This sucker let's the rain in.
Most tents are supposed to. As they need to be breathable. To let out condensation, etc. To keep out rain, you need an additional rain fly. Some, or most tents, include one, but looks like this one doesn't. Unless you are saying, it has one that didn't work. Sort of like complaining you bought a dvd player, but it came with no dvd's
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ontario
if it's like the last 2 man tent i bought, this will fit 1 6 foot person diagnoally in the tent. not comfortable.
Jan 12, 2005
876 posts
54 upvotes
uklamen wrote: I got one of these a few years back at shoppers for $10 during a clear out of summer items. Unless they changed what it's made of, use this as a back yard summer fun tent only. This sucker let's the rain in. We woke up in a puddle and our only savoir was our air mattress. Luckily it was just for an over night stay after a wedding.
lmao you had to stay in a tent for a wedding? Its not a big deal but it sounds funny
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19491 posts
6653 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
beachlover wrote: Most tents are supposed to. As they need to be breathable. To let out condensation, etc. To keep out rain, you need an additional rain fly. Some, or most tents, include one, but looks like this one doesn't. Unless you are saying, it has one that didn't work. Sort of like complaining you bought a dvd player, but it came with no dvd's
Tents are NOT supposed to let water in... that's ridiculous. They all come with rain flys as you mentioned, as an integral part of the tent if included. If no rain fly is included, it is definitely supposed to be water proof without one.

That being said I would not trust a tent with an NHL logo on it if I were actually somewhere that I couldn't find alternate shelter easily (like a back yard).