PC & Video Games

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - New Trailer - Coming to PS3 in NA in 2012

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2013 4:25 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2003
794 posts
51 upvotes
Hamilton

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - New Trailer - Coming to PS3 in NA in 2012

Just got released in Japan today, and coming to PS3 in North America in 2012! It's a JRPG from Level 5 with art from Studio Ghibli.

Some of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen on the PS3. Can't wait. Fingers crossed for Japanese audio tracks + English subtitles.



Sorry FFXIII-2 - this is getting my pre-order $$$!
104 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1036 posts
4 upvotes
Yep, excited for this game too. Glad that i got a ps3 for this game.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 12, 2003
2954 posts
113 upvotes
Markham
Looks really interesting. Love japanese style games. Some Studio Ghibli animes are crazy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 12, 2003
2954 posts
113 upvotes
Markham
What hte hell, should I buy Japanese release of this game??? There's fricking no new ps3 games I'm interested in.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
chinaboy1021 wrote: What hte hell, should I buy Japanese release of this game??? There's fricking no new ps3 games I'm interested in.

+1
I just hope Namco Bandai doesn't dub the voices over...
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1036 posts
4 upvotes
ANYONE ELSE EXCITED? Good bye social life and next few weeks. Reviews are pretty high for this ps3 exclusive.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
Johan Liebert wrote: ANYONE ELSE EXCITED? Good bye social life and next few weeks. Reviews are pretty high for this ps3 exclusive.
yup yup
pre-ordered a copy at gamestop just for the steelbook case as well as the wizard's edition. Will be selling the gamestop copy once the wizard's edition arrives.
Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!! :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8349 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
I actually preordered two Wizards edition from Namco and another from gamestop. I'll probably sell the gamestop one once I get platinum, and keep the steelbook + wizards for my collection.
Member
User avatar
Aug 4, 2004
409 posts
7 upvotes
it's out today, gonna trek uphill 6 miles through snow 5ft deep BOTH ways. Once I get this bad boy, gonna cry about how I can't install the whole damn thing to the PS3 hard drive.
Then i'll set aside the already huge backlog of games I have yet to play, and dedicate the next 3-4 weeks splitting time between this, Mists of Grindaria dailies, HOTS laddering, and my NBA 2k13 myPlayer.

Fun times.

Oh and as an aside, Path Of Exile open beta starts tomorrow too. Where do I squish that in? Geesh
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1036 posts
4 upvotes
TeejayV wrote: it's out today, gonna trek uphill 6 miles through snow 5ft deep BOTH ways. Once I get this bad boy, gonna cry about how I can't install the whole damn thing to the PS3 hard drive.
Then i'll set aside the already huge backlog of games I have yet to play, and dedicate the next 3-4 weeks splitting time between this, Mists of Grindaria dailies, HOTS laddering, and my NBA 2k13 myPlayer.

Fun times.

Oh and as an aside, Path Of Exile open beta starts tomorrow too. Where do I squish that in? Geesh
Me too, back log of games to play. I didn't get the wizard edition. Ended up only getting the gamestop version with the steelbook i hope its enough. Gotta find time to balance work and entertainment at the same time.
Member
Feb 23, 2010
438 posts
19 upvotes
hey guys,
i just heard about this game recently and I plan on picking this up later on today..but as far as pre order bonuses..other than the steelbook and wizards edition...what are the special features that comes with the game if you pre order it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
appleb wrote: If you preordered the wizards edition, keep an eye on your email. Apparently a lot of preorders with the Wizards Edition have been CANCELLED due to some glitch.

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/communi ... 7f27d8ba59
Haven't got such a thing yet...but I hope I don't get such a thing either :razz:

Just checked the website for the order status...which is non-existent. Now there is no more of that "Will ship after the release date", but rather...they added a change to the title by adding SOLD OUT in front of the product title and under it says Boxed Shipment.

:confused:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 19, 2007
1063 posts
59 upvotes
1337rice wrote: Haven't got such a thing yet...but I hope I don't get such a thing either :razz:

Just checked the website for the order status...which is non-existent. Now there is no more of that "Will ship after the release date", but rather...they added a change to the title by adding SOLD OUT in front of the product title and under it says Boxed Shipment.

:confused:
This! I just went on my account to check the status of my order (since i haven't received any shipping notification) and there's basically NO info on my order other than exactly what 1337rice mentioned above...

a little worried now...I paid through paypal and it's been paid off in full already so it can't be a payment issue like what some people are experiencing on the Namco thread...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8349 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
Same for me too. The description under the product name has changed to "SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive" but there is no status on the actual order I made.

I preordered on August 21st but for some reason my card was never charged when I made the order. I know others were complaining because their cc was charged when they placed the order. Makes me wonder if something was wrong with my card.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1036 posts
4 upvotes
I can see a lot of love went into making this art. Can be seen in the case too! Seems my package got lost now i gotta wait it out tomorrow. Hopefully game stop will deliver again.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8349 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up my steelbook from EB Games today. The guy got my steelbook from behind the cabinet and I noticed they had 3 of them. The one he gave me had a scratch on the front and a dent on the back... so I asked him if I could switch it for another. The guy sighs and says "dude it's just a steelbook, they're all the same" and he didn't want to switch it. I wanted to punch him in the face.

I got him to switch it with the second one and with a quick lookover it looked fine. But when I got home I noticed it had an even bigger scratch, but no dents. Oh well. It's still better than the first one as I'd rather have scratches over dents. I would've liked to have seen the last steelbook so I could pick the best one but it appears some EB employees don't understand why a collector would care.

Top