Real Estate

Niagara avg detatched sale price rises 12% in July to lead in Ontario & 2nd best in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 9:55 am
[OP]
Sep 10, 2010
351 posts
63 upvotes
St Catharines

Niagara avg detatched sale price rises 12% in July to lead in Ontario & 2nd best in Canada

Niagara may not have the warmest winters in Canada like the leader Nanaimo(14%) but is it is still the hot spot in Ontario for buying a single family home.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 75618.html
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1655 posts
2564 upvotes
Toronto
BECAUSE IT IS SO CHEAP THERE
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2010
351 posts
63 upvotes
St Catharines
Sudbury is cheap.Niagara is undervalued!
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3533 posts
1403 upvotes
Grimsby
I follow and watch my area closely. Its wild what's been happening (not that the rest of the province / country hasn't been experiencing it).

Edit: Muskoka right there too with 11.51% increase. Not surprising.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9653 posts
7265 upvotes
A lot of seniors like Niagara obviously for cheaper housing and also many of them cross the border for a grocery/gas run...
[OP]
Sep 10, 2010
351 posts
63 upvotes
St Catharines
joey003 wrote: I follow and watch my area closely. Its wild what's been happening (not that the rest of the province / country hasn't been experiencing it).

Edit: Muskoka right there too with 11.51% increase. Not surprising.
We will probably still be golfing when Muskoka is shoveling :)
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1931 upvotes
markham
hopium wrote: We will probably still be golfing when Muskoka is shoveling :)
i know many that grew up in Niagara region...if you are a good parent and involved with your childs upbringing...then anywhere is good....if you just work feed and send to school ...especially in that area...good luck

there are a million better areas around ontario that arent as transient and a lot better and safer areas to raise a family....there is a reason that that area always lags in price to the GTA.

its a great place to hype.....until you actually live there and try and raise teenagers....oh and your are non white?..make for all the more welcoming fun...

yes I have spent lots of time there in my life.....realistically I have always felt very "trailer park" around the whole area.

its underworld consists of a hub for organized crime , hustlers and other undesirables that come from a border town full of transients.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2010
351 posts
63 upvotes
St Catharines
cardguy wrote: i know many that grew up in Niagara region...if you are a good parent and involved with your childs upbringing...then anywhere is good....if you just work feed and send to school ...especially in that area...good luck

there are a million better areas around ontario that arent as transient and a lot better and safer areas to raise a family....there is a reason that that area always lags in price to the GTA.

its a great place to hype.....until you actually live there and try and raise teenagers....oh and your are non white?..make for all the more welcoming fun...

yes I have spent lots of time there in my life.....realistically I have always felt very "trailer park" around the whole area.

its underworld consists of a hub for organized crime , hustlers and other undesirables that come from a border town full of transients.
According to stats Canada it's the third safest metro area in Canada!

https://niagaracanada.com/st-catharines ... tan-areas/
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3533 posts
1403 upvotes
Grimsby
cardguy wrote: i know many that grew up in Niagara region...if you are a good parent and involved with your childs upbringing...then anywhere is good....if you just work feed and send to school ...especially in that area...good luck

You painting the entire Niagara region with that brush? LOL ok
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1931 upvotes
markham
joey003 wrote: You painting the entire Niagara region with that brush? LOL. From Markham of all places too....
based on my experiences living on St Cath, NOLT, Niagara Falls and the nicest place (imo) Chippewa...unless that area went rightside up in the last 10 years (and turned over all the residents)...I think i can comment on my experiences over the last 40 years...but that is me....I wouldn't live at Jane and Finch either based on my experience