• Jul 8th, 2015 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 21, 2003
771 posts
201 upvotes

Niagara on the lake

I'm going to a wedding in October in Niagara on the lake and it looks like all the places within 15 min walking distance charge $200+fees per night for 2 people.
Airbnb is a bit cheaper and includes breakfast, but I was wonder if there are any 'hidden gems'/coupons/deals.
I don't mind sharing the room with friends that are also going if it could make it cheaper.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
402 upvotes
Sounds about right - was there for a wedding previously and it was over $200 also. Other people who attended the wedding stayed at a Best Western and said it was a bit cheaper (probably not by much, probably about $160 or so instead of 200+). For the price difference I'd recommend staying where the wedding reception will be just for 1) being able to drink out of your mind and not worry about getting home 2) some of the vintage style places are gorgeous
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1767 posts
810 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
If you're willing to cut costs by sharing a room, then you might not mind travelling the extra distance to NF just down the road where the hotel market is more competitive and deals pop up all the time.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4381 posts
586 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
eager beaver wrote: If you're willing to cut costs by sharing a room, then you might not mind travelling the extra distance to NF just down the road where the hotel market is more competitive and deals pop up all the time.
That's your best bet. I'm from NOTL and nothing is ever cheap there.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1105 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes there are Groupon deals for less than that. I also check LivingSocial Since the wedding is in October there's lots of time to keep looking. You could always try Priceline and Hotwire too. I've gotten some good deals off of Priceline. (Though not in Niagara)