Real Estate

Nice Neighbourhood in Vaughan - Dufferine Hill/Thornhill Woods/Valley of Thornhill

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 3:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2021
6 posts
1 upvote

Nice Neighbourhood in Vaughan - Dufferine Hill/Thornhill Woods/Valley of Thornhill

Hi guys,

I am searching for a detached house in Dufferin Hill (Vaughan). I am wondering if any of you have lived in this area? how do you like the neighbourhood? would you mind share some of your thoughts? I am also looking at other areas, say Thornhill woods or valley of Thornhill. I am wondering if there's preference between these three neighbourhoods? any thought is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
9 replies
Dec 8, 2003
966 posts
72 upvotes
These are all nice areas. Thornhill woods and valleys (east of dufferin) are a bit nicer and command a premium.
Apr 20, 2016
274 posts
256 upvotes
Valleys of Thornhill has newer homes than Dufferin Hill or Thornhill Woods. The Rutherford GO is closer to Dufferin Hill and slightly further south which can save time as traffic is bad around there.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3248 posts
6217 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Thornhill Woods is $$$
RE Broker
Jul 30, 2013
935 posts
835 upvotes
GTA
Grew up in the Thornhill Woods area (back when it first developed) and still have a few friends that live in the area.
The neighbourhood closer to Highway 7 have older homes (many are semis/links), and the further north you go, the newer the area/homes.

It's convenient for commuting along Highway 7 or Promenade, and I imagine the demographics are more mixed now. Schools aren't the top (compared to say, Oakville, Richmond Hill or Markham), pretty average.
Tech Arsenal ASUS G11CD | Samsung Galaxy S22+ | Nikon D5200 | Sennheiser HD 6XX
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7407 posts
3147 upvotes
If you have kids that will be attending public school, I would recommend you steer clear of this area.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Mar 14, 2018
953 posts
917 upvotes
GTA
Toukolou wrote: If you have kids that will be attending public school, I would recommend you steer clear of this area.
Which specific schools are bad?
[OP]
Aug 22, 2021
6 posts
1 upvote
Toukolou wrote: If you have kids that will be attending public school, I would recommend you steer clear of this area.
Thank you for the insight. Haven't got kids yet, but that is the part of the plan. For public schools, which area would you recommend? I assume schools in Dufferin hill/ Thornhill woods/ Valley of Thornhill are roughly at the same level? I did notice that Herbert H. Carnegie P.S. in Upper Thornhill Estate seems have better rankings. But do not have too much information other than that.

Thanks again.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2021
6 posts
1 upvote
techkid wrote: Grew up in the Thornhill Woods area (back when it first developed) and still have a few friends that live in the area.
The neighbourhood closer to Highway 7 have older homes (many are semis/links), and the further north you go, the newer the area/homes.

It's convenient for commuting along Highway 7 or Promenade, and I imagine the demographics are more mixed now. Schools aren't the top (compared to say, Oakville, Richmond Hill or Markham), pretty average.
Thank you for sharing. For schools, just wondering if you take the public school route or Private school? For your friends who grow up in Thornhill Woods, do you all take the public school route? Just curious about the schools in this neighborhood.

Thanks in advance!
Jul 30, 2013
935 posts
835 upvotes
GTA
quiinniiiie wrote: Thank you for sharing. For schools, just wondering if you take the public school route or Private school? For your friends who grow up in Thornhill Woods, do you all take the public school route? Just curious about the schools in this neighborhood.

Thanks in advance!
We all took the public school route and at the time, the school was just built so we were some of the first graduates from the school system there.
Can't speak to the quality now, but it was just average back then.
My friend group all went to good universities in Canada as well. :)
Tech Arsenal ASUS G11CD | Samsung Galaxy S22+ | Nikon D5200 | Sennheiser HD 6XX