Niche Zero Grinder (Pre-Order) for 499 GBP + 70 GBP shipping to Canada

Deal Link:
Price:
499 GBP
Savings:
0%
Retailer:
Niche Coffee
One of the best conical burr grinders is available to pre-order. These sell out pretty quickly and usually available for pre-order only once a month. Use "US" page to order. Ships in November.

Get yours while you can!

Last edited by .fess on Sep 22nd, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
85 replies
Mar 17, 2017
165 posts
232 upvotes
GTA
This oughta be good…

If people thought Apple, Vitamix, and Dyson products were overpriced… whooh
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5551 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Uh, this is not an expensive grinder. Whether it's worth the money is a different story.
Oct 17, 2003
468 posts
98 upvotes
Fredericton
Think I'd rather buy a Specialita/Silenzio and 3D print mods to turn them into single dosers. Cool design tho!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2749 posts
474 upvotes
DarthV wrote: Think I'd rather buy a Specialita/Silenzio and 3D print mods to turn them into single dosers. Cool design tho!
Thats what I did. Works pretty well
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5845 posts
1891 upvotes
Genuinely curious as I'd like to jump on a burr grinder one day, but what would make this $1000 unit substantially better than a $150-$200 unit like the OXO, Baratza, etc?
Sep 18, 2017
725 posts
1082 upvotes
Vancouver
Note that you will be charged both a VAT as well as Canadian taxes for this order, so you'll be double taxed.
Feb 22, 2007
226 posts
301 upvotes
New Westminster
game_fanatic wrote: Genuinely curious as I'd like to jump on a burr grinder one day, but what would make this $1000 unit substantially better than a $150-$200 unit like the OXO, Baratza, etc?
This guy is one of the biggest names in the coffee game. See what he has to say about it.
Sep 19, 2020
7 posts
7 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: Genuinely curious as I'd like to jump on a burr grinder one day, but what would make this $1000 unit substantially better than a $150-$200 unit like the OXO, Baratza, etc?
It would depend on how you brew... I believe this grinder (and many other $500+ grinders) is geared toward making espressos, as it can grind coffee fine enough for espresso. These high end grinders are overkill for any other brewing methods that don't require as fine of a grind.
Oct 17, 2003
468 posts
98 upvotes
Fredericton
The ability to dial in espresso grind is much improved with better machines with finer/stepless adjustments. So yes. But do you drink straight espresso or lattes? If it's lattes, you might not notice a whole lot. But if you're experimenting with different lighter roast straight espresso, you definitely would.

Better grinders will give you much better control & better consistency. The Niche is also designed for zero retention, so the single dose worth of the beans you put in the small hopper will pretty much all make it into the portafilter or dosing cup. Grind some beans with a Baratza Encore or Smart Grinder Pro, knock the sides and you'll see how much is still in the chute to make it into tomorrow's coffee :P
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5845 posts
1891 upvotes
dreadboat wrote: It would depend on how you brew... I believe this grinder (and many other $500+ grinders) is geared toward making espressos, as it can grind coffee fine enough for espresso. These high end grinders are overkill for any other brewing methods that don't require as fine of a grind.
DarthV wrote: The ability to dial in espresso grind is much improved with better machines with finer/stepless adjustments. So yes. But do you drink straight espresso or lattes? If it's lattes, you might not notice a whole lot. But if you're experimenting with different lighter roast straight espresso, you definitely would.

Better grinders will give you much better control & better consistency. The Niche is also designed for zero retention, so the single dose worth of the beans you put in the small hopper will pretty much all make it into the portafilter or dosing cup. Grind some beans with a Baratza Encore or Smart Grinder Pro, knock the sides and you'll see how much is still in the chute to make it into tomorrow's coffee :P
Thank you both, I'm definitely an amateur when it comes to brewing my own coffee (despite how much I tend to consume). I use a cheap $20 Krups grinder to mash up my $10 bag of Zavida beans from Costco to use in my $100 Cuisinart coffee maker. I would like to bolster my setup a bit, once my coffeemaker bites the dust I'll look at upgrading to something a bit more substantial (a Moccomaster, perhaps?) and get a nice grinder to boot.
Dec 2, 2013
105 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely a niche product amirite?
Jun 26, 2015
146 posts
183 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
"DOULBE TAX and VAT"

this. this is the only thing preventing me from buying one of these.
Note. This brand and model would unlikely go on sale, as the demand is too high.
Sep 10, 2008
86 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary
milhaus wrote: Uh, this is not an expensive grinder. Whether it's worth the money is a different story.
Exactly. This is on the low to medium spectrum for grinders. Not even remotely expensive.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2220 posts
2082 upvotes
Toronto
game_fanatic wrote: Thank you both, I'm definitely an amateur when it comes to brewing my own coffee (despite how much I tend to consume). I use a cheap $20 Krups grinder to mash up my $10 bag of Zavida beans from Costco to use in my $100 Cuisinart coffee maker. I would like to bolster my setup a bit, once my coffeemaker bites the dust I'll look at upgrading to something a bit more substantial (a Moccomaster, perhaps?) and get a nice grinder to boot.
For drip- I think you'll notice a decent upgrade by getting a decent grinder (say like a baratza encore) and then better beans to try. Not as much with a coffee maker.

I think the cheapest upgrade is a scale. Having consistence on coffee-to-water ratio is massive. Grinding is probably next.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7800 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone recommend any other grinders to consider around this price range?
Jun 3, 2012
493 posts
313 upvotes
YORK
Also you guys should check out the DF64 flat bur grinder.
Jun 13, 2009
914 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
Has Mazzer burrs, so I think it is worth the premium. I wish the bean hopper was larger.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1191 posts
884 upvotes
Calgary
I have one of these. Great grinder... but where's the deal?

Also bear in mind you could get charged duty as well... so looking at potentially $1200 all-in.
Last edited by Strider on Sep 22nd, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 21, 2008
151 posts
38 upvotes
Eureka Oro just released a single dose grinder that is cheaper than the Niche. It's currently up for pre-order on idrinkcoffee with expected shipment in Nov.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 3 guests)

MathStatsFinance, RFDLife123, EhJay42, g5suntan, Korin25, Ojibiji, hojandu, JC69