Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Niche Coffee

Niche Zero Grinder (Pre-Order) for 499 GBP + 70 GBP shipping to Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2022 12:41 am
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7112 posts
2893 upvotes
GTA
trixR4kids wrote: Anyone recommend any other grinders to consider around this price range?
eureka's new single doser (Eureka Mignon Single Dose) with 65mm burrs is ready to be shipped end of october!

Comes down to what kind of coffee you drink, flat burrs vs conical. For the third wave folks the flat burrs would be good.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2174 posts
247 upvotes
Thornhill
Not a deal but great grinder.... worth the price if you want a single dose grinder (Mazzer burr). Earlier this year comparing to any other product similar in terms of the quality of grinds you get and ease of use, this grinder is probably the cheapest you can get on the market (unsure now since I'm not actively keeping up). Anything else you're looking at more commercial grinders and those are either very $$$ or too large to fit on a kitchen counter.

I enjoy using it a lot because I can go back and forth between grinding for espresso and pour-over while keeping consistency on my espresso shots.

FYI, if you're new to the world of espresso, having a quality grinder is way better than having an expensive espresso machine.
Last edited by Myv on Sep 22nd, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2535 posts
3394 upvotes
West GTA
game_fanatic wrote: Genuinely curious as I'd like to jump on a burr grinder one day, but what would make this $1000 unit substantially better than a $150-$200 unit like the OXO, Baratza, etc?
More even very fine grinds for espresso, which helps a bit with even extraction. If you're a hardcore espresso enthusiast, you want it very fine and very even. If it isn't even, then extraction can be uneven and it can be a mix of overextracted and under extracted, making it taste a bit worse.

It's called 'Niche' for a reason though - anyone who isn't drinking straight espresso from a very good machine, is a coffee enthusiast and has every other aspect pretty dialed in likely doesn't need this thing.
Oct 25, 2001
918 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Rhinogator wrote: "DOULBE TAX and VAT"

this. this is the only thing preventing me from buying one of these.
Note. This brand and model would unlikely go on sale, as the demand is too high.
Is there any way to get VAT back?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6824 posts
6976 upvotes
Dubioussyllogism wrote: This oughta be good…

If people thought Apple, Vitamix, and Dyson products were overpriced… whooh
Most people don't think any of those are overpriced... Hence why they make some of the best selling products in the world?

This grinder isn't that expensive either when you consider they go into the $5000+ range
Sep 1, 2017
101 posts
146 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote:
Is there any way to get VAT back?
I think it's a long drawn out process to claim it back.. but doing some reading online it looks like they have lowered VAT to 5% until Sept 30th because of covid
Aug 19, 2015
277 posts
313 upvotes
San Diego, CA
VAT refunds for buying in country went bye bye after Brexit. Not sure for exports online.
Jun 23, 2009
158 posts
71 upvotes
As a newbie I am shopping for a burr grinder to replace a blade grinder. Mostly make Moka pot or pour over coffee now but likely will get an espresso machine later. Is Baratza Sette 270 a good "all-purpose" grinder?
Dec 3, 2008
528 posts
134 upvotes
reviveL wrote: Eureka Oro just released a single dose grinder that is cheaper than the Niche. It's currently up for pre-order on idrinkcoffee with expected shipment in Nov.
Contemplating getting the oro or just grabbing a fellow ode at half the price. I don't make espresso right now (retired my cafe Roma - could not make a decent shot) just chemex and v60 but kind of want to get a robot or la pavoni lever in the future.
Feb 1, 2021
46 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Purchased this back in Jan 2020, no issues so far. I was previously using the Hario Skerton Plus.

Worth it? That's debatable - It definitely doesn't make 10x better coffee but it's the last grinder I'll ever buy and I wanted something both for pour-over and espresso.
Oct 17, 2003
516 posts
149 upvotes
Fredericton
trixR4kids wrote: Anyone recommend any other grinders to consider around this price range?
DF64 (there's at least one online seller in Canada, about $650) or one of the Eureka Mignon grinders with 3d printed parts to make them single dose. Thanks for whoever posted that the Oro single dose is up for preorder. I figured it was going to be well over $1000, since it's an XL under the hood. Then again you don't really need all the electronics for single dosing!
Dec 5, 2016
603 posts
876 upvotes
Avrus wrote: Exactly. This is on the low to medium spectrum for grinders. Not even remotely expensive.
I think I need to ask for a raise.
Apr 14, 2002
575 posts
274 upvotes
I was waiting for orders to re-open on this but ended up getting in on a df64 groupbuy instead on r/espresso, just received and hoping to set up tonight.
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Dec 21, 2008
167 posts
40 upvotes
Georgie336 wrote: Contemplating getting the oro or just grabbing a fellow ode at half the price. I don't make espresso right now (retired my cafe Roma - could not make a decent shot) just chemex and v60 but kind of want to get a robot or la pavoni lever in the future.
I think it's best to wait for reviews before purchasing so the claims with regards to being able to grind for pour over are tested.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1243 posts
1340 upvotes
TE7 wrote: This is what my mom used to grind coffee beans. I didn't know that $500+ coffee grinder existed until now. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I put my beans in a ziplock bag and smash em with a hammer!

I have some $120 bodoum burr grinder I got for like $70 on sale, works great but can't fathom something like this BUT would I love to have a cup of joe from it to see!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1758 posts
1814 upvotes
Check out 1zpresso JX pro for espresso grind or any other grind

It’s a manual grinder but apparently it’s endgame quality for about $200 Cad
Wallet safe...
Jul 22, 2018
19 posts
49 upvotes
jtking wrote: As a newbie I am shopping for a burr grinder to replace a blade grinder. Mostly make Moka pot or pour over coffee now but likely will get an espresso machine later. Is Baratza Sette 270 a good "all-purpose" grinder?
It's an awesome grinder for that! You can also look at the Barazta encore for another amazing but a bit more budget option, and you can do an "m2 burr upgrade" its awesome.
Sep 10, 2008
97 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
TouchMyBox wrote: I think I need to ask for a raise.
You and me both. Oh wait, I did and I didn't get anything. Crying Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)