• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2019 10:33 am
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
482 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

NICU experience at Brampton Civic

Does anyone have any experience to share regarding NICU at Brampton Civic Hospital?

Our situation:- My wife was due on April 10 2018 but delivered on Jan 31 2018 at Brampton Civic. Delivery went okay but immediately after delivery our baby was moved to Sick kids hospital.
We now got to know from doctors at Sick kids that baby is doing okay (thanks god) and baby is ready to be transferred to a level 3 hospital and we are asked for 2 choices out of which Sick kids hospital prefers Brampton Civic (as this where baby was born) and we have to let them know about second option.

We haven’t heard any experiences regarding NICU at Brampton Civic so not sure if we should consider Brampton Civic as our first option (our experience at Brampton civic Emergency was horrific). Some of my friends shared positive experience for Credit Valley hospital(Mississauga), so we were planning to opt for Credit Valley as first choice -but that is really far from where we live (we live about 6 mins from Brampton Civic)

Really appreciate if someone on the forum can share any experience.
6 replies
Apr 18, 2009
50 posts
37 upvotes
We had our son at Brampton Civic. He had an infection just after delivery. We stayed in the NICU for a total of 7 days. Our experience was great. All the nurses and the staff was very accomodating to our needs. We left feeling impressed with the quality of care.
Nov 13, 2016
145 posts
68 upvotes
We were at Credit Valley - it was a good experience, they also have Ronald McDonald rooms which you can use for a night or two.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
482 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
rammar wrote: We had our son at Brampton Civic. He had an infection just after delivery. We stayed in the NICU for a total of 7 days. Our experience was great. All the nurses and the staff was very accomodating to our needs. We left feeling impressed with the quality of care.
Thanks for sharing your experience @rammar
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
482 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jsquared21 wrote: We were at Credit Valley - it was a good experience, they also have Ronald McDonald rooms which you can use for a night or two.
Thanks for sharing your experience @jsquared21 . Got to know from our doctor that most likely our baby will be transferred to Credit Valley.
Nov 28, 2015
48 posts
11 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Brampton civic was awesome with the care that we received, our daughter was in there for a few weeks. Very caring and compassionate.
Jul 6, 2019
1 posts
Worst experience in NICU. My daughter was early and is now taking bottles yet the nurses go lazy and hang her feed via a tube up her nose. They tell you the whole reason she is there is because she needs to take her bottles at every feed but these nurses hang the feed when your not around. Absolutely no help at all as far as I'm concerned. Grand river hospital in Kitchener was beyond amazing with my son being early at 34 wks. Rooms were always clean, nurses were available all the time for help and the nurse that was attending to your baby was always the same and knew what your baby has been doing because they were informed. Nicu at Brampton civic your nurses change every shift and they do not inform eachother of each babies needs at all. Horrible horrible experience this has been.