Hot Deals

Nike

Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% - $200.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2022 11:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2767 posts
4516 upvotes
Toronto

[Nike] Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% - $200.99

Okay so this deal is not for everyone, but I noticed that these dropped to $200.99 overnight. They were on sale at $294.99 a few weeks back, down to $265 more recently and Sportchek's sale last week. Sizes have been disappearing quick since the latest price drop.

Note that these are more designed for use on race day and for people who care about shaving seconds off of their time. They are not the most durable shoes and are not designed for everyday walking or even regular training use.

At $200 I can justify giving these a try for my upcoming races and I don't mind that they are the previous generation.

Don't forget if you can qualify, there's an additional 10% off with UniDays and 2.5% cash back with GCR.
58 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6577 posts
5220 upvotes
M-Arkham
i recall seeing these at nike outlet store for $259.99

These are not your everyday running shoe, only for people who are serious about running

I'll stick with my Reebok floatrides :p for my light run and jogs
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Aug 12th, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2017
1196 posts
647 upvotes
Great shoe, I had them but returned them and opted for the vaporfly next % as I have a wider foot.
plus the vaporfly was only $110 at the time of purchase.
.
Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2013
446 posts
143 upvotes
Definitely not for me. But good savings and good disclaimer given. No need to down vote the deal just cause it's not for you.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
1tallaznguy wrote: Great shoe, I had them but returned them and opted for the vaporfly next % as I have a wider foot.
plus the vaporfly was only $110 at the time of purchase.
Where did you get vapourflys for $110 ?!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2695 posts
1875 upvotes
I wonder how much these are now at the outlets. As mentioned they were 259.99 but I havent been in one lately

...but why am I looking at this. i hate running on the road Neutral Face
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 3, 2008
501 posts
106 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: Great shoe, I had them but returned them and opted for the vaporfly next % as I have a wider foot.
plus the vaporfly was only $110 at the time of purchase.
Does the vapor fly fit like the pegasus 38?
I use the pegasus 38 with orthotics and they are great for my runs. Doing my first half marathon in October I wonder if I should try these alpha fly's...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2017
1196 posts
647 upvotes
Georgie336 wrote: Does the vapor fly fit like the pegasus 38?
I use the pegasus 38 with orthotics and they are great for my runs. Doing my first half marathon in October I wonder if I should try these alpha fly's...
I actually have the pegasus 37 in 4E (wide) version, and id say the vaporfly is still tad wider in the forefoot area.
Im thinking because the vaporfly has a thinner upper material vs the pegasus.
.
Member
May 29, 2008
216 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Biscayne05 wrote: I wonder how much these are now at the outlets. As mentioned they were 259.99 but I havent been in one lately

...but why am I looking at this. i hate running on the road Neutral Face
i recall around $230 for only the vaporfly if they have your size in the back shelf and alphafly next% is the newer one so its definitely a good deal at $200. Time to debate if I should get a new pair.

For all those wondering, if it makes a difference.....yes it did, i shaved 30s per km (in my 12k training) on my first run when I got the vaporfly before....so would definitely give you an advantage on race day if you care are about the finishing time...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5185 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Dang. I've been waiting for Vaporfly's to be around this price. Nice find OP
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2767 posts
4516 upvotes
Toronto
1tallaznguy wrote: Great shoe, I had them but returned them and opted for the vaporfly next % as I have a wider foot.
plus the vaporfly was only $110 at the time of purchase.
Recently I've had the Vaporfly Next% 2s, the Alphafly Next% and the Alphafly Next% 2 (the newest) side by side to try at home.

Definitely I felt the Vaporfly was wider and probably better for people with wide feet. I felt it didn't have as much pop as the Alphaflys, which felt like I had springs attached to my feet.

Alphafly Next %2 had a noticeably higher arch than either model, and it was a no-go fitwise for me (expensive at $365 full price too). It did feel more stable than the previous gen Alphaflys.

I still have the Vaporflys I bought from Sportchek at $265 and debating whether I should keep them for 5K/10K distance and use the Alphaflys for half/full marathon distances.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2017
1196 posts
647 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: Recently I've had the Vaporfly Next% 2s, the Alphafly Next% and the Alphafly Next% 2 (the newest) side by side to try at home.

Definitely I felt the Vaporfly was wider and probably better for people with wide feet. I felt it didn't have as much pop as the Alphaflys, which felt like I had springs attached to my feet.

Alphafly Next %2 had a noticeably higher arch than either model, and it was a no-go fitwise for me (expensive at $365 full price too). It did feel more stable than the previous gen Alphaflys.

I still have the Vaporflys I bought from Sportchek at $265 and debating whether I should keep them for 5K/10K distance and use the Alphaflys for half/full marathon distances.
I agree with all of this, pretty much nailed it as I had the same exact experience lol.
I loved the spring in the alpha, but didn't accommodate my high instep wide foot.
although the vaporfly's don't have as much spring as the alphafly, I still love the comfort of my alphafly next %2
.
Member
Nov 29, 2010
203 posts
124 upvotes
Love you op. Bought a pair and will use them for the TCS Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Hopefully i can break sub 3!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2017
1196 posts
647 upvotes
CDNRice wrote: Love you op. Bought a pair and will use them for the TCS Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Hopefully i can break sub 3!
U doing the 5k or half?
I'm thinking of joining this one as well.
Last edited by 1tallaznguy on Aug 12th, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Newbie
Feb 25, 2018
84 posts
76 upvotes
Super comfortable for RUN.


ONLY FOR RUN.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
2026 posts
4943 upvotes
Vancouver
1tallaznguy wrote: U doing the 5k or half?
I'm thinking of joining this one as well.
Pretty sure he/she/they is doing the full marathon (42.2km).
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1030 posts
541 upvotes
Ontario
ozzie16 wrote: Recently I've had the Vaporfly Next% 2s, the Alphafly Next% and the Alphafly Next% 2 (the newest) side by side to try at home.

Definitely I felt the Vaporfly was wider and probably better for people with wide feet. I felt it didn't have as much pop as the Alphaflys, which felt like I had springs attached to my feet.

Alphafly Next %2 had a noticeably higher arch than either model, and it was a no-go fitwise for me (expensive at $365 full price too). It did feel more stable than the previous gen Alphaflys.

I still have the Vaporflys I bought from Sportchek at $265 and debating whether I should keep them for 5K/10K distance and use the Alphaflys for half/full marathon distances.
how did you size for the vaporfly? I have a slightly flat foot and whenever I tried on vaporfly I could feel my inside of my arch sitting on top of the shoe's midsole if that makes sense

its a weird sensation because usually the insole has enough width but these vaporfly insole is very narrow

Top