Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

~$150 off the purchase of prescription Nikon eyewear polarized lenses

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2015 12:45 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 24, 2007
355 posts
174 upvotes

~$150 off the purchase of prescription Nikon eyewear polarized lenses

Deal Link:
NIKON polarized prescription lenses for the price of clear!

•Redeemable only at participating retailers. Limit 1 coupon per person.
•Limited time offer: Online promotion ends July 31st, 2015.

I used this code in Winnipeg and saved over $100 today on polarized lenses for my new RB8034K's from Costco!
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2221 posts
1511 upvotes
How does this work? How much do you save?
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
OP Thanked.

Can you give me an idea of what yours cost after the discount? I have some wayfarers that I have prescription lenses in that are crap and if its cheap enough, I'll just get some new lenses in them - I'd need the highest index because I'm damn near blind. I know there's huge price variation so ideally someone with a huge prescription might be able to throw in their two cents.
[OP]
May 24, 2007
355 posts
174 upvotes
shdwfx wrote: OP Thanked.

Can you give me an idea of what yours cost after the discount? I have some wayfarers that I have prescription lenses in that are crap and if its cheap enough, I'll just get some new lenses in them - I'd need the highest index because I'm damn near blind. I know there's huge price variation so ideally someone with a huge prescription might be able to throw in their two cents.
I bought the standard lenses (1.5). with the top of the line coatings, for $250. Would have been 380 without the coupon. It does seem to very wildly so I can't be of much more help. The locations that accept the code are listed when you get the email. They will gladly share the prices with you I'm sure.
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
finnmacool wrote: I bought the standard lenses (1.5). with the top of the line coatings, for $250. Would have been 380 without the coupon. It does seem to very wildly so I can't be of much more help. The locations that accept the code are listed when you get the email. They will gladly share the prices with you I'm sure.
Thanks again! I'll definitely look into it.
[OP]
May 24, 2007
355 posts
174 upvotes
Alvord wrote: How does this work? How much do you save?
It all depends on the type and thickness of your lenses.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1728 posts
599 upvotes
Canada
finnmacool wrote: NIKON polarized prescription lenses for the price of clear!

•Redeemable only at participating retailers. Limit 1 coupon per person.
•Limited time offer: Online promotion ends July 31st, 2015.

I used this code in Winnipeg and saved over $100 today on polarized lenses for my new RB8034K's from Costco!
Nice, thanks. Is this only for Ray Bans?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1720 posts
1086 upvotes
Putting prescription lenses in designer sunglasses seems like a bad idea. I mean if you absolutely cant deal with contact lenses, i guess yeah... its your only option(though id prob. just get clip-ons or self-tinting lenses for my day-to-day glasses)

Its just too pricy, and with the way fashion trends change... Atleast with wayfarers you're going with a classic, timeless style.

I got this fresh on my mind because i just inherited some really nice vintage raybans(pre-luxottica) from an uncle... But they're prescription so its of no use to anyone. And getting the default lenses would cost $120.
[OP]
May 24, 2007
355 posts
174 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: Putting prescription lenses in designer sunglasses seems like a bad idea. I mean if you absolutely cant deal with contact lenses, i guess yeah... its your only option(though id prob. just get clip-ons or self-tinting lenses for my day-to-day glasses)

Its just too pricy, and with the way fashion trends change... Atleast with wayfarers you're going with a classic, timeless style.

I got this fresh on my mind because i just inherited some really nice vintage raybans(pre-luxottica) from an uncle... But they're prescription so its of no use to anyone. And getting the default lenses would cost $120.
I think it's a matter of preference. I don't like contacts and I quite enjoy funky sunglasses. Yeah, it's an investment but I luck out with 2 optical plans so I can upgrade every couple of years.
Jul 24, 2012
992 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
LOL, I met this guy at a bar a few nights ago who kept on going about Nikon optical lens and how they are the best kind for your eyes. Pretty strange seeing it here on rfd now.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3553 posts
2702 upvotes
You mean i can look like a bald bearded hipster? yay!
[OP]
May 24, 2007
355 posts
174 upvotes
murtadi007 wrote: LOL, I met this guy at a bar a few nights ago who kept on going about Nikon optical lens and how they are the best kind for your eyes. Pretty strange seeing it here on rfd now.
It wasn't me. :)
Feb 7, 2006
456 posts
206 upvotes
Stock R wrote: Thanks. Will be interested to see what the pricing works out to be. I want to convert my current glasses to sunglasses.

Unfortunately I have bad vision and will need high index.
for the 1.6 high index (thinnest lens you can get for Polarized Nikon), the price quoted to me was 384, with the coupon 300 if that helps.
Dec 22, 2008
404 posts
44 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: Putting prescription lenses in designer sunglasses seems like a bad idea. I mean if you absolutely cant deal with contact lenses, i guess yeah... its your only option(though id prob. just get clip-ons or self-tinting lenses for my day-to-day glasses)

I used to feel the same way and always just wore contacts and sunglasses, then I realized getting prescription lenses in sunglass means they are covered by benefits. So now I have nice Maui Jims that cost me next to nothing. It also means I don't have to worry about wearing contacts, especially since I need glasses for driving. Wish I had of gotten prescription sunglasses years ago!!
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
497 upvotes
got the coupon quickly by email, but lots of spelling mistakes.. hope it's legit. :confused:
Sep 29, 2014
286 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I don't really get this.. Is this deal in conjunction with the Costco rayban deal? What if I already have ray bans at home and just want to put prescription in them. How much would that be?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3275 posts
1902 upvotes
:facepalm:
flyeaglesfly wrote: I don't really get this.. Is this deal in conjunction with the Costco rayban deal? What if I already have ray bans at home and just want to put prescription in them. How much would that be?
Jan 27, 2007
447 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If it helps, my prescription polarized rayban lens cost $115 when i bought it though a optical store.