Expired Hot Deals

Nintendo

2 Free Downloadable Games - 1943 and Ghosts 'n Goblins

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 6:06 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 29, 2005
634 posts
1254 upvotes
Surrey

[Nintendo] 2 Free Downloadable Games - 1943 and Ghosts 'n Goblins

When you download "Capcom Arcade Stadium Switch" from the Nintendo eShop for either the Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite, then you can get "1943: The Battle of Midway" free.

You can also download "Ghosts 'n Goblins" for free before February 25 when "Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection" is available for purchase.

Enjoy!
Last edited by actionj on Feb 21st, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
2235 posts
647 upvotes
Can any of this be done via website in your link or only through the console?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 29, 2005
634 posts
1254 upvotes
Surrey
Raimond wrote: Can any of this be done via website in your link or only through the console?
Looks like either website or console will work as long as you are logged into your Nintendo account.

Note: You have to download Capcom Arcade first in order to download the 2 games for free.
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2010
515 posts
517 upvotes
actionj wrote: When you download "Capcom Arcade Stadium Switch" from the Nintendo eShop for either the Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite, then you can get "1943: The Battle of Midway" free.

You can also download "Ghosts 'n Goblins" for free before February 25 when "Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection" is available for purchase.

Enjoy!
I see 4.99$ for G&G. You have a link pls?

EDIT : Ok, you can play G&G until the 25th on the same Capcom app, but it is not free to get.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1272 posts
1190 upvotes
Anyone else find it weird you have to download some interface (Capcom Arcade Stadium);to download some free and paid games from Capcon?
Last edited by sparkaction on Feb 21st, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 29, 2005
634 posts
1254 upvotes
Surrey
douber wrote: I see 4.99$ for G&G. You have a link pls?

EDIT : Ok, you can play G&G until the 25th on the same Capcom app, but it is not free to get.
https://www.capcom-unity.com/2021/02/17 ... h-out-now/

Quote from website: "1943 – The Battle of Midway – is included for free when you download Capcom Arcade Stadium, while you can get Ghosts ‘n Goblins as a free download up until the launch of Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection on February 25th. After that, Ghosts ‘n Goblins will be available as a stand-alone purchase."
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11098 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto
sparkaction wrote: Anyone else find it weird you have to download some interface (Capcom Arcade Stadium);to download some free and paid games from Capcon?
Not uncommon, you get the whole "arcade" but need to unlock the games as microtransactions. Lots of other collections do it like that now.
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
973 posts
1403 upvotes
Vancouver
douber wrote: I see 4.99$ for G&G. You have a link pls?

EDIT : Ok, you can play G&G until the 25th on the same Capcom app, but it is not free to get.
Are you sure? It says you can download it for free before February 25, 2021 so all you have to do is open Capcom Arcade Stadium and under the "Download" section under select game just navigate to "Ghouls 'n Ghosts" press "A" and it will ask to go to the Nintendo eShop. You will see it as a free download, proceed with purchase and then re-launch Capcom Arcade Stadium once the download is complete. I cannot find a way to purchase the title for free from the Nintendo website as it will show up as $39.99 for Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection Switch.
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2010
515 posts
517 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Are you sure? It says you can download it for free before February 25, 2021 so all you have to do is open Capcom Arcade Stadium and under the "Download" section under select game just navigate to "Ghouls 'n Ghosts" press "A" and it will ask to go to the Nintendo eShop. You will see it as a free download, proceed with purchase and then re-launch Capcom Arcade Stadium once the download is complete. I cannot find a way to purchase the title for free from the Nintendo website as it will show up as $39.99 for Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection Switch.
You may be right. One article I read mentionned the possibility to play for free until the 25th. Anyway, let's download it before the 25th.

Note : don't believe what you read on the internet.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3428 posts
3376 upvotes
Whitby
Shows unavailable in webapp. Will try later on console.
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2008
362 posts
402 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
douber wrote: I see 4.99$ for G&G. You have a link pls?

EDIT : Ok, you can play G&G until the 25th on the same Capcom app, but it is not free to get.
It IS free to get. I downloaded Capcom Arcade Stadium from console, then grabbed the free Ghosts & Goblins through the CAS menus.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1272 posts
1190 upvotes
Anyone having trouble inserting a coin with the R button?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1863 posts
943 upvotes
Midland
Is it possible to make an account without having a physical console and grabbing these freebies for usage later?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10084 posts
4428 upvotes
You insert a coin by pressing DOWN HARD on the right analog stick so that it clicks like a button, not by pressing the R button on the trigger buttons.
sparkaction wrote: Anyone having trouble inserting a coin with the R button?
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 21st, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10084 posts
4428 upvotes
No. The only way to redeem these free games is by installing Capcom Arcade Stadium on the Switch.
Then launch the game. Go to Ghosts and Goblins. Go to the store link and then go to purchase when the game says it is free to buy.

1943 is already free by default when you install Capcom Arcade Classics on the Switch.

After playing these two games for the first time ever, they are not good at all IMO.
joe2k1 wrote: Is it possible to make an account without having a physical console and grabbing these freebies for usage later?
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 21st, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1272 posts
1190 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: You insert a coin by pressing DOWN HARD on the right analog stick so that it clicks like a button, not by pressing the R button on the trigger buttons.
Thanks. My bad. I was pressing on the ZR button. Not the analog stock.
Member
Nov 13, 2003
219 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
XFactor11 wrote: After playing these two games for the first time ever, they are not good at all IMO.
Probably need to have played those games before on an arcade to better appreciate. Remember not going very far on g’n’g on arcade when I was a kid.

Thanks OP!
Member
Dec 19, 2016
321 posts
518 upvotes
joe2k1 wrote: Is it possible to make an account without having a physical console and grabbing these freebies for usage later?
Pretty sure you can (but not 100%). I had a Nintendo account linked to my phone for Mario Kart Tour before I had a Switch, and I use the same account for Switch now.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1267 posts
507 upvotes
Victoria
What am I missing? I downloaded Capcom, downloaded GnG for free, but when I try to launch GnG it just takes me to the eShop again where it says I've already purchased it. I've closed/reopened Capcom...

Edit: Never mind! There's Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Ghosts 'n Goblins! What's weird is when you click on Ghouls 'n Ghosts in the app it takes you to the eShop for the other title where it shows it was already purchased so I was confused.
Member
Mar 4, 2006
377 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
XFactor11 wrote: No. The only way to redeem these free games is by installing Capcom Arcade Stadium on the Switch.
Then launch the game. Go to Ghosts and Goblins. Go to the store link and then go to purchase when the game says it is free to buy.

1943 is already free by default when you install Capcom Arcade Classics on the Switch.

After playing these two games for the first time ever, they are not good at all IMO.
You go wash your mouth out with soap. 1943 is the greatest game of all time. Rikaku sink a ship!!!!!

Top