Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Nintendo 3DS XL $99 YMMV (Walmart PM Target $149.99 less $50 GC)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2014 7:25 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2003
202 posts
16 upvotes

Nintendo 3DS XL $99 YMMV (Walmart PM Target $149.99 less $50 GC)

Just picked up a 3DS XL from Walmart for $99.99 after successfully PMed Target for $149.99 and getting a $50 Walmart GC (Walmart's in store promo).

YMMV but the Manager was more concerned with the Targets flyer. I didn't have one but one of the staff looked it up.
I am broke. Thanks RFD
30 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3786 posts
1103 upvotes
GTA North
I thought about this as well but figured I would be turned down as the net effect would still be $ 149.99. I thought at best they would give it to me at $ 149.99, no gift card.

Good match though.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10564 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
not exactly $99, unless you can apply the $50 GC directly on the same purchase, and it would still be tax on $150 so extra $6-7 (more like $106.5+tax)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3891 posts
2685 upvotes
Toronto
I tried this, Walmart says they'd price match, but you ain't getting the gift card. So better to buy at Target as less taxes, no gift card bs, plus target red card got me 5% off plus used coupon Target sent for another 5% off. So just under $153 all in. Plus Target had more of a colour selection.

If only stores would honour the spirit of price matching, rather than try to wiggle out of it. When they don't, they defeat what they were trying to do. Get your business instead of you going elsewhere.
Sep 11, 2012
491 posts
131 upvotes
Quebec, QC
beachlover wrote: I tried this, Walmart says they'd price match, but you ain't getting the gift card. So better to buy at Target as less taxes, no gift card bs, plus target red card got me 5% off plus used coupon Target sent for another 5% off. So just under $153 all in. Plus Target had more of a colour selection.

If only stores would honour the spirit of price matching, rather than try to wiggle out of it. When they don't, they defeat what they were trying to do. Get your business instead of you going elsewhere.
the self-entitlement is strong in this one.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3891 posts
2685 upvotes
Toronto
cataplexy wrote: the self-entitlement is strong in this one.
And the brain cells are weak for this one^
Aug 12, 2006
409 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I price matched at superstore "no tax" today only.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1543 posts
1333 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I tried this, Walmart says they'd price match, but you ain't getting the gift card. So better to buy at Target as less taxes, no gift card bs, plus target red card got me 5% off plus used coupon Target sent for another 5% off. So just under $153 all in. Plus Target had more of a colour selection.

I dont agree with this at all. The key is in the name "price MATCH" in which walmart fully embraced the spirit of matching when they offered you EXACTLY what Target is offering, nothing more nothing less.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2364 posts
1114 upvotes
Toronto
slayerwulf wrote: I dont agree with this at all. The key is in the name "price MATCH" in which walmart fully embraced the spirit of matching when they offered you EXACTLY what Target is offering, nothing more nothing less.
I agree in principle; however, the language isn't straightforward....

WalMart has a deal where "when u buy product we give you a bonus GC"

It doesn't say anything about price.. Just when you buy product you get bonus item/gc.

The point here is that usually the other retailers aren't offering the bonus so you would choose WalMart.. Unfortunately other retailers have the product for a cheaper price. WalMart price matches. Theoretically with the spirit of price matching they should still give u thegc.. Otherwise why buy from WalMart over the other. It makes sense if they price beat but I'm not sure they do.

I know fs/bb don't match bonus offers as per their policy...
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1454 posts
284 upvotes
Renous
geogolem wrote: I agree in principle; however, the language isn't straightforward....

WalMart has a deal where "when u buy product we give you a bonus GC"

It doesn't say anything about price.. Just when you buy product you get bonus item/gc.

The point here is that usually the other retailers aren't offering the bonus so you would choose WalMart.. Unfortunately other retailers have the product for a cheaper price. WalMart price matches. Theoretically with the spirit of price matching they should still give u thegc.. Otherwise why buy from WalMart over the other. It makes sense if they price beat but I'm not sure they do.

I know fs/bb don't match bonus offers as per their policy...
+1 - Walmart should change the language of their GC promo if they want to have an 'Ad match policy'
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2364 posts
1114 upvotes
Toronto
It's walmarts fault.. Instead of offering 50$ discount for product like the other retailer.. They're only offering 50$ bonus gc
which I know is almost as good as cash.. But fro WalMart its a big difference because they actually take in 50$ as compared to the other retailer..

If WalMart wasn't so cheap they wouldn't have this problem...

I'm not complaining.. I don't really care..

And i agree price matching means item for item dollar for dollar
.. In this case WalMart should either price match with no GC.. Or just offer their origins deal without pming.. I'm just pointing out it can be argued either way
[OP]
Jan 31, 2003
202 posts
16 upvotes

That's too bad. One of the cashier even said that I don't think you will get the GC. I said Walmart's advertising said you get the GC for buying the Nintendo DS. There was no other condition saying you have to buy it at $199.99. I then got him to check with a manager. The manager who did the price override rang in the GC without any hesitation. She even asked if I want to take the GC amount of the same transaction. I said no since I was going to use the GC to buy a game anyway.
I am broke. Thanks RFD
Aug 12, 2006
409 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
The walmart deal is a better deal than the "no tax" PM at superstore I got yesterday.
So I went to Walmart and was also able to get them to PM target for $149.99 and then get the $50 Giftcard.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
Did you guys need a physical flyer from target?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1454 posts
284 upvotes
Renous
3 different Walmarts wouldn't budge with the PM and GC. I gave up.
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1509 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Worth to try, I just successful pm Walmart and got the 50 gift card.
Simple is the best.
Aug 4, 2007
61 posts
18 upvotes
Toroton
Brought this Tuesday, spoke the clerk at Electronic, no GC. Went to CS to return, the girl reduced the price, no question asked.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
Just went in just now, got the price match with $50 GC.
May 13, 2013
37 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Im sorry, I dont understand the promotion.
Why is walmart including a $50 giftcard if target's sale is just $150 (no giftcard)?
someone please explain, thank you!