[Nintendo Argentina eShop] Hades - Switch (Argentina eShop) - $16.54 CDN

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1483 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
mqc1986 wrote: Tried Rogers world elite mastercard, TD cash back visa infinite, and Costco mastercard. Neither card worked.
Always get error "There was a problem processing the transaction. Contact your credit card issuer or select another payment method. For help, visit support.intendo.com".
Coming from someone with a lot of experience buying from the Argentinian eShop, some cards simply do not work.

I’ve also found that after a few consecutive purchases on the same day, most working cards will start to be rejected and you will have to wait until Nintendo’s system ‘resets’ and allows you to use the card again. I do not know how long this period is, but I had no issues using my card again after a week or so.

To the people buying Moving Out just because it’s cheap. I bought it on release and had serious buyer’s remorse. The controls feel sluggish and unresponsive, and paired with the poor physics engine, the game is way more frustrating than it needs to be. I played about 10 levels and never picked it up again. Would not recommend this game to anyone.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1483 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
heyjayyyy wrote: Works!

Made an an alt Nintendo account and paid with a BMO MC with the instructions from the first page. Codes came almost instantly!

Picked up Hades, Hollow Knight, & Stardew Valley. Ended up being $22.99 on my MC.

I'll add these games to the queue:
1. BOTW expansions
2. Axion Verge
3. Smash Bros(haven't played since the first month -_-)
4. Castlevania Collection
5. Megaman Collections
6. Disney Afternoon Collection
The majority of the games you listed are not available on the Argentinian eShop. Not every game that is available in NA is on there, nor is every game cheaper than it is in NA.
Last edited by daddyho24 on Jan 7th, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1483 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
corcoran_chris wrote: Are there any negatives or risk if you simply change your region in your account online, purchase and then switch back?
Don’t bother doing this. Make a secondary, throwaway account to use only for these purchases. Instructions have been posted several times in this thread.
Sep 26, 2016
19 posts
7 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: The majority of the games you listed are not available on the Argentinian eShop. Not every game that is available in NA is on there, nor is every game cheaper than it is in NA.
My bad, meant that those games are sitting on my consoles still waiting to be played.
Aug 30, 2015
729 posts
446 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
mqc1986 wrote: Yes, used my own "X1X X1X" postal code.
strange, capital one from costco worked for me
Jan 15, 2016
497 posts
491 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
daddyho24 wrote: Coming from someone with a lot of experience buying from the Argentinian eShop, some cards simply do not work.

I’ve also found that after a few consecutive purchases on the same day, most working cards will start to be rejected and you will have to wait until Nintendo’s system ‘resets’ and allows you to use the card again. I do not know how long this period is, but I had no issues using my card again after a week or so.

To the people buying Moving Out just because it’s cheap. I bought it on release and had serious buyer’s remorse. The controls feel sluggish and unresponsive, and paired with the poor physics engine, the game is way more frustrating than it needs to be. I played about 10 levels and never picked it up again. Would not recommend this game to anyone.
picked it up for the kids, at this price though cant really complain. id rather gamble on a <10 game vs a full priced 50-80 one that you'll have remorse on.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1239 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
DAMN this game is good. I bought it yesterday and went to bed at 4am..... That was fun!
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1313 upvotes
Cambridge
archvenus14 wrote: DAMN this game is good. I bought it yesterday and went to bed at 4am..... That was fun!
Haha! It's certainly being touted as Indie game of the year for a reason. Love this developer and the games they put out.
Aug 18, 2012
495 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
daddyho24 wrote: Coming from someone with a lot of experience buying from the Argentinian eShop, some cards simply do not work.

Thanks. I was using chrome and had consistent payment failures. Now I tried firefox and the payment went through with rogers world elite mastercard!
Grabbed Hades, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Celeste and Cuphead for $33.65!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5014 posts
3017 upvotes
Toronto
Sym000 wrote: Thanks picked up Hades, Moving out, and a portable Hollow Knight was a no brainer at $2.69. Has anyone tried purchasing the BotW DLC with this method? Does it work?
My understanding is, and perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, is that whatever region you bought the game in, you have to buy the DLC from that region.
Feb 22, 2013
908 posts
740 upvotes

I found changing the difficulty setting in Moving Out made the game a lot more fun as you can try to get bronze, silver or gold rating instead of timing out.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1483 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
sparkaction wrote: I found changing the difficulty setting in Moving Out made the game a lot more fun as you can try to get bronze, silver or gold rating instead of timing out.
Fair enough, but the controls are still a floaty mess.
Nov 10, 2018
148 posts
172 upvotes
Ontario
Jep4444 wrote: My understanding is, and perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, is that whatever region you bought the game in, you have to buy the DLC from that region.
Games are not region locked with the Switch. As long as you buy the dlc in your region, it will work.
*removed word "can"
Last edited by cjohnnyhere on Jan 7th, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 16, 2008
778 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Ended up changing one of my alt accounts to Argentina. Ended up getting Hades, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, and Katana Zero. Codes came pretty much instantly attached to the bottom of my email receipt.

Total came out to 24.68.
Jul 22, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
Lemon Tree, ON
Thanks OP! Was a bit upset about not getting Hades during Xmas time for $22 cad.

Picked up both Hades and Stardew Valley for $19.xx cad total. Created a new account online and followed the OPs details. Codes arrived in my confirmation email instantly and I am already downloading them on my main switch user account. The only difficulty was reading Spanish Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat.

Edit: used Rogers WE card.
“when life gives you lemons, take them, and be nice to limes.” ― Elder Lemon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1313 upvotes
Cambridge
lemonboy wrote: Thanks OP! Was a bit upset about not getting Hades during Xmas time for $22 cad.

Picked up both Hades and Stardew Valley for $19.xx cad total. Created a new account online and followed the OPs details. Codes arrived in my confirmation email instantly and I am already downloading them on my main switch user account. The only difficulty was reading Spanish Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat.

Edit: used Rogers WE card.
Next time let Chrome translate the page, haha.
Jun 1, 2013
118 posts
72 upvotes
Is there any way to pay with gift card balance?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5014 posts
3017 upvotes
Toronto
cjohnnyhere wrote: Games are not region locked with the Switch. As long as you can buy the dlc in your region, it will work.
I did a little digging and the truth is somewhere in between. Some games only have one variant floating around so buying the DLC from another region does not matter. Other's release different versions of the game (often it's a language support thing) so if you buy the DLC from a region with a different version of the game, it'll be incompatible with the game itself.
Nov 10, 2018
148 posts
172 upvotes
Ontario
Jep4444 wrote: I did a little digging and the truth is somewhere in between. Some games only have one variant floating around so buying the DLC from another region does not matter. Other's release different versions of the game (often it's a language support thing) so if you buy the DLC from a region with a different version of the game, it'll be incompatible with the game itself.
I removed the word "can" from my previous post, so it now states "As long as you buy the dlc in your region, it will work". If buying DLC from other regions like Splatoon it doesn't work because it has regional content, and some games will have language issues. Was reading a forum where it was stated "from the Home menu screen, you press + over the game whose compatibility you wish to check. Select Software Information > Nintendo eShop. If you are directed to the game page for the game that you have selected, then in all likelihood, the retail cart is identical to the US version, however, if an error appears, then the two versions are likely different, and any DLC will be incompatible."