Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge

(Nintendo Argentina eShop) Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - $63.07

Deal Link:
Price:
Yet another deal on digital Switch games. I noticed that Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is available for pre-order on the Argentina eShop.
Much like my Hades post, this is the regular price of the game there, so no need to rush.

The game is $63.07CDN compared to buying it in the Canadian store for $79.99+tax. I believe the game will come with 400 gold coins, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

If you prefer physical games, then best to wait for 20x at SDM and hope you can find stock as it'll be around the same price as this deal.

Steps to purchase from another region:

1 - From accounts.nintendo.com, change your country to Argentina
2 - Visit the Argentina eShop (https://store.nintendo.com.ar/)
3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your ZIP code (in my case Postal Code) as CPA.

NOTE: It's best to create a second account for each region and then redeem the code on your main account. You're unable to switch regions if you have funds sitting in the account.
Last edited by orbitdesign on Jan 15th, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
56 replies
Jan 14, 2013
217 posts
181 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP! Figured out the process via your other thread.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
FleshToast wrote: Thanks OP! Figured out the process via your other thread.
No problem! Added those details to the OP.
Jan 14, 2013
217 posts
181 upvotes
Ontario
orbitdesign wrote: No problem! Added those details to the OP.
Is there any chance Nintendo yanks this from our accounts? I’m assuming once it downloads I can switch back to my Canadian shop and when the game is out I can play normally yeah?
Aug 28, 2013
694 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
orbitdesign wrote: Yet another deal on digital Switch games. I noticed that Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is available for pre-order on the Argentina eShop.
Much like my Hades post, this is the regular price of the game there, so no need to rush.

The game is $63.07CDN compared to buying it in the Canadian store for $79.99+tax. I believe the game will come with 400 gold coins, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

If you prefer physical games, then best to wait for 20x at SDM and hope you can find stock as it'll be around the same price as this deal.

Steps to purchase from another region:

1 - From accounts.nintendo.com, change your country to Argentina
2 - Visit the Argentina eShop (https://store.nintendo.com.ar/)
3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your ZIP code (in my case Postal Code) as CPA.

I paid using my Rogers MasterCard and received my code by email a few minutes later.
I tried buying Hades using my VISA/Mastercard they wouldnt take it. I must have done somethin wrong. Followed your instructions though.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1244 posts
2618 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Apparently you can’t change countries if you have funds in your account. I have $7 in there. 🤦🏻

429F00E3-5C97-4076-BA10-E77B015BD713.jpeg
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
FleshToast wrote: Is there any chance Nintendo yanks this from our accounts? I’m assuming once it downloads I can switch back to my Canadian shop and when the game is out I can play normally yeah?
There's no issue going this route. Some prefer to make a separate account with that region then just redeem the code on their main account.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
vancityguy0 wrote: Apparently you can’t change countries if you have funds in your account. I have $7 in there. 🤦🏻

429F00E3-5C97-4076-BA10-E77B015BD713.jpeg
True and I'll add that to the main post. Create a second account for that region and buy it through there. You'll get the code emailed and just enter it in your main account, The code isn't tied to an account and people can also gift to others this way.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
RoyF482 wrote: I tried buying Hades using my VISA/Mastercard they wouldnt take it. I must have done somethin wrong. Followed your instructions though.
Some cards/banks block it, some don't. Try another card or, I believe Pay Pal or contact your bank to have it go through. Some banks will also let the first purchase go through but will refuse a second purchase, assuming it's fraud as you probably don't normally buy from Argentina.
Nov 18, 2014
356 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary, AB
good catch but I think you are better off going the Shoppers 20x route and getting physical for eventual resale value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
FearlessSaver wrote: good catch but I think you are better off going the Shoppers 20x route and getting physical for eventual resale value.
I agree, and it's what I'll be doing but lots of people do prefer digital as it's just easier to switch between games. At least we've got options!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2065 posts
254 upvotes
NB
So pre ordering gives you a code you can then redeem on the Canadian account?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2124 posts
1345 upvotes
Cambridge
Colin0317 wrote: So pre ordering gives you a code you can then redeem on the Canadian account?
Correct. The game will be playable on Feb 12 and can be redeemed on your Canadian account.

Check out my Hades post. Lots of people posting other great deals on there, like Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley for under $3.00 each.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2795 posts
449 upvotes
Sweet thanks OP. Me and the wife loved this on Wii U can't wait to replay.
Dec 22, 2012
461 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
in the Hades one i changed my profile to Argentina bought the time, changes to Canada and redeemed. It worked but i'm thinking a 2nd account would be best, don't want to get banned by nintendo lol
May 13, 2018
14 posts
37 upvotes
I only buy digital and since discovering the Argentina eShop I only buy digital through them. There are a bunch of games on sale right now too, so they work out to be much cheaper than through the sale on the Canadian eShop (e.g. Mario Maker 2, Yoshi's Crafted World, Splatoon 2 all for around $44 cdn and Clubhouse Games for around $30 cdn).

https://store.nintendo.com.ar/games/grandes-ofertas
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1458 posts
1297 upvotes
FearlessSaver wrote: good catch but I think you are better off going the Shoppers 20x route and getting physical for eventual resale value.
Idk, for me I'd prefer to game share with a friend and split the cost 50/50
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1555 posts
751 upvotes
Yup. Nintendo published switch games hold their value, so unless you're savings are significant(like that BOTW online deal for $55 including the DLC) go physical. Opened copies of Mario kart 8, or mario maker 2 in my area sell for $70... So if you bought them during those mario game sales, you'd actually make $10 after getting to play through it.
Jan 5, 2017
220 posts
167 upvotes
So when preordering a game through the eshop, does nintendo charge you the entire amount now or when the game is released?
Aug 28, 2013
694 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The game will probably be discounted by Black Friday?