Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary World Tour Switch $6.49 on eShop

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2020 9:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes

[Nintendo] Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary World Tour Switch $6.49 on eShop

It has been released yesterday and is at 50% off for a while. Although it has been much cheaper on PC in the past, it's still a really low price for a portable version. I can confirm that the Switch port is basically perfect, I don't have a single issue with it. And you just get so much content.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes
It's funny because this game is really hard and yet starting a level over never gets old at all.

It's sad when you realize that a single level of Duke has better level design, more replayability and more secrets than an entire next-green shooter.
Feb 3, 2013
29 posts
22 upvotes
canada
Thanks OP. Picked this up and I'm enjoying replaying the first level 1000000 times :P

(I've been pampered the last 15-20 years)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Duke Nukem has been around for more than 20 years hasn't it?
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Duke Nukem has been around for more than 20 years hasn't it?
The 3d one was in 1996, right? I remember the old side scroller dos games from the early 90s or maybe even late 80s.
Having grown up with it, i literally dont see the appeal. It always just felt like an edgy, less polished take on doom(or commander keen for the side scrolling games).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Scott86 wrote: The 3d one was in 1996, right? I remember the old side scroller dos games from the early 90s or maybe even late 80s.
Having grown up with it, i literally dont see the appeal. It always just felt like an edgy, less polished take on doom(or commander keen for the side scrolling games).
Ya, I think 3D is the one I remember playing. I recall it being more fast paced than Doom and definitely more edgy/funny.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: The 3d one was in 1996, right? I remember the old side scroller dos games from the early 90s or maybe even late 80s.
It was the secrets, interactivity, personality, and overall parody of 80s and 90s action movie muscled heroes and one-liners.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: It was the secrets, interactivity, personality, and overall parody of 80s and 90s action movie muscled heroes and one-liners.
Yup, when you just want serious demon killing you played Doom. When you want one-liners, interactivity, cool gadgets, handing money to strippers, using toilets to get health etc., in addition to killing aliens it’s Duke 3D.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I'll do it...

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out o' gum.

Rack mount server KVM memories.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)