Expired Hot Deals

[Nintendo] Eshop Deals (Meh? Mid-WarmColdy-HotHOT!)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 8:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1477 posts
634 upvotes
Quebec
Voltz23 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 8:44 pm
Is there a downside to this? Like.. I don't know.. If I ever want to download the games I bought that way in the future, do I need to remember specifically in what "country" I bought them? Or can I simply download them without the hassle of switching countries once it's paid?
No downsides, the titles are linked to your account and can be redownloaded no matter what country you have selected.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3806 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Voltz23 wrote:
Is there a downside to this? Like.. I don't know.. If I ever want to download the games I bought that way in the future, do I need to remember specifically in what "country" I bought them? Or can I simply download them without the hassle of switching countries once it's paid?
Balzard wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 10:45 pm
No downsides, the titles are linked to your account and can be redownloaded no matter what country you have selected.
One major downside is if you have eShop credit on your account, you lose it if you switch regions.
Jul 22, 2014
781 posts
1712 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I don't know what it is, but using a "comma" in place of a "period" before the cents in prices just drives me nutty!!
Apr 7, 2015
466 posts
308 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Voltz23 wrote:
Nope, for the Argentina store they send you a code to redeem in the eshop for your own country. The game is then tied to your original Nintendo account, not your new Argentina one.

You can also buy extra copies as gifts. Hollow Knight is a 10/10 gift Ok Hand Sign
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1774 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Ah, Deemo and Voez are also 30% off... I’ve been eyeing the physical versions for a few weeks, but they’re like $50 and $35 respectively.

I try to get physical copies whenever possible, but the savings for digital are pretty good here.
Mar 19, 2015
292 posts
415 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Did someone by chance get sent an email code for Katana Zero? Somehow Nintendo's Argentinian website messed up and sent the code to a fellow RFDer (which I can tell because it was sent to a BC address lol) and my code was sent to someone with an email that starts with **REDACTED** and the person's first name is **REDACTED**.

I knew Nintendo's online handling was bad, but I didn't know it would be this bad... might be because I followed the link from the OP, but I'm not sure:
Balzard wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 6:28 pm
Regular eShop super hot deals

Hollow Knight: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/hollow-knight (roughly $4.50 CDN)
Stardew Valley: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/stardewvalley (roughly $4.50 CDN)
Wargroove: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/wargroove (roughly $5.50 CDN)

1 - From accounts.nintendo.com, change your country to Argentina
2 - Visit the Argentina eShop (https://store.nintendo.com.ar/?SID=843a ... qe8e6go4iq)
3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your Postal Code as CPA.

I paid using my Rogers MasterCard and received my code by email a few minutes later.
And if you did happen to get that email, may I pretty please get the code back through a PM? lol

EDIT: Problem solved, got the PM from the kind RFDer. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else!!
Sep 3, 2006
235 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
Jep4444 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:09 pm
One major downside is if you have eShop credit on your account, you lose it if you switch regions.
Hold on hold on.. I lose it? I think you mean my eShop credit stays in the region where it was claimed, right?

So.. I currently have 25$ CAD in my Canadian region. If I switch to the Argentina region, I will have 0$ ARS. If I use my credit card to pay exactly what I need, my balance will be 0$ ARS and once I switch back to Canada, my 25$ CAD will still be there. Right? I'm paranoïac.. I just want to make sure I don't screw up and burn my eshop balance. :)

Thank you for your answers!
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
678 posts
1284 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Voltz23 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:58 am
Hold on hold on.. I lose it? I think you mean my eShop credit stays in the region where it was claimed, right?

So.. I currently have 25$ CAD in my Canadian region. If I switch to the Argentina region, I will have 0$ ARS. If I use my credit card to pay exactly what I need, my balance will be 0$ ARS and once I switch back to Canada, my 25$ CAD will still be there. Right? I'm paranoïac.. I just want to make sure I don't screw up and burn my eshop balance. :)

Waiting on this to pull the trigger on Stardew.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3806 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Voltz23 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:58 am

Check some old threads on the NintendoSwitchDeals subreddit, either for these kinda of deals or the Mexican eshop. People claim you lose it entirely if you switch the region.
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
678 posts
1284 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Jep4444 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 9:43 am
Check some old threads on the NintendoSwitchDeals subreddit, either for these kinda of deals or the Mexican eshop. People claim you lose it entirely if you switch the region.
Damn Boy!
Feb 25, 2018
81 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 9:43 am
I did this last month. I had gold coins credit and it did say that message that it will be turned to $0 in gold coins but when I switched back to Cad it gave me back those coins..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3027 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Balzard wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 6:28 pm
Regular eShop super hot deals

Hollow Knight: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/hollow-knight (roughly $4.50 CDN)
Stardew Valley: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/stardewvalley (roughly $4.50 CDN)
Wargroove: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/wargroove (roughly $5.50 CDN)

1 - From accounts.nintendo.com, change your country to Argentina
2 - Visit the Argentina eShop (https://store.nintendo.com.ar/?SID=843a ... qe8e6go4iq)
3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your Postal Code as CPA.

I paid using my Rogers MasterCard and received my code by email a few minutes later.
Does this disable my Nintendo Family, if I change regions temporarily? Only asking because I'm using a group buy.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3806 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
davidr519 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 9:51 am
I did this last month. I had gold coins credit and it did say that message that it will be turned to $0 in gold coins but when I switched back to Cad it gave me back those coins..
I'm just going off what I read that others have reported. It's also worth noting that eshop credits and gold coins are not necessarily the same thing, but it is good to know you can keep the coins. I'm currently sitting on like $50 of eshop credits from the previous Newegg deal and I'm not risking it to save $10 on stardew lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1748 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
any of these online multiplayer?
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
678 posts
1284 upvotes
Sherbrooke
chowder wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 10:02 am
any of these online multiplayer?
Correct me if i'm wrong but Stardew Valley got the Multiplayer Upgrade or will get it very soon.