Expired Hot Deals

[Nintendo] Eshop Deals (Meh? Mid-WarmColdy-HotHOT!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2020 12:02 am
Jan 9, 2012
141 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
BYan wrote: Can confirm not working with scotia and bmo cards. Ah well, wish I'd jumped on it sooner but whatever.
Not necessarily, I tried it just now and it worked with my Scotiabank VISA.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4807 posts
2726 upvotes
Toronto
I can confirm it still works on a Tangerine MC.
Aug 20, 2018
243 posts
252 upvotes
I bought Hotline Miami collection and for some reason got two codes. Tried to redeem the second one, thinking maybe it was DLC or something, and it said I already owned Hotline Miami Collection (from the first code). So I guess I have a spare code if anyone wants it, assuming attempting to redeem it once didn't invalidate it.

edit: code sent to guy below me

Also FWIW I used a scotiabank visa and it worked fine the three times I put in an order the last hour. I made a new account specifically for these purchases because I didn't want to get my main one blacklisted or whatever. You get emailed the eShop codes for what you order and you can redeem them on any account from any region.

I'd feel bad for doing this if I hadn't bought probably 50+ Nintendo games in my life that I've never even played, not to mention purchasing at least 5 copies of Super Metroid by now.
Last edited by dcipub on Sep 1st, 2019 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 8, 2013
166 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
dcipub wrote: I bought Hotline Miami collection and for some reason got two codes. Tried to redeem the second one, thinking maybe it was DLC or something, and it said I already owned Hotline Miami Collection (from the first code). So I guess I have a spare code if anyone wants it, assuming attempting to redeem it once didn't invalidate it.

Also FWIW I used a scotiabank visa and it worked fine the three times I put in an order the last hour. I made a new account specifically for these purchases because I didn't want to get my main one blacklisted or whatever. You get emailed the eShop codes for what you order and you can redeem them on any account from any region.

I'd feel bad for doing this if I hadn't bought probably 50+ Nintendo games in my life that I've never even played, not to mention purchasing probably 5 copies of Super Metroid by now.
If you're feeling generous could I have the key and try to redeem it? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 15, 2006
519 posts
95 upvotes
Just a heads up -- Cuphead works out to about $13 using this method (it's ~$25 on the Canadian store). Right of Rain 2 is about $10 (it's ~$40 on the Canadian store).
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
741 posts
1471 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Anyone care to grab me a Risk of Rain 2 Code? I Can Paypal or EMT.
Apr 7, 2015
506 posts
333 upvotes
Vancouver Island
sRPlay1989 wrote: Anyone care to grab me a Risk of Rain 2 Code? I Can Paypal or EMT.
Sure. Send me a PM. It comes to $10.71 on my WE MasterCard.

(No, nobody else can PM me besides this guy)
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
741 posts
1471 upvotes
Sherbrooke
AncientWords wrote: Sure. Send me a PM. It comes to $10.71 on my WE MasterCard.

(No, nobody else can PM me besides this guy)
You the real MVP
Jun 15, 2007
219 posts
166 upvotes
I got it to work to grab a few and then my card seems to be cut off as well. I tried using different accounts and cards, I even tried VPN to change my country. I used incognito tab and nothing seemed to work.

If anyone would be willing to buy a copy of "My Friend Pedro" and "Cuphead" I can send payment via Paypal or E-transfer. Thanks for your help.
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
741 posts
1471 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Tron Javolta wrote: I got it to work to grab a few and then my card seems to be cut off as well. I tried using different accounts and cards, I even tried VPN to change my country. I used incognito tab and nothing seemed to work.

If anyone would be willing to buy a copy of "My Friend Pedro" and "Cuphead" I can send payment via Paypal or E-transfer. Thanks for your help.
How much is My Friend Pedro
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1458 posts
1086 upvotes
St Catharines
My Friend Pedro is a ten dollar game, at best. I bought it on release day and was disappointed in it. Crappy controls and, frankly, boring gameplay.
Jun 15, 2007
219 posts
166 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: My Friend Pedro is a ten dollar game, at best. I bought it on release day and was disappointed in it. Crappy controls and, frankly, boring gameplay.
So not a $14 game then!?

Maybe just Cuphead.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1458 posts
1086 upvotes
St Catharines
Tron Javolta wrote: So not a $14 game then!?

Maybe just Cuphead.
I paid full price for Cuphead on both XBOX One and Switch. Worth every penny.
Feb 4, 2007
63 posts
8 upvotes
Was following this thread and wasn't keen on the possibility of losing my coins if i switched accounts so i created a new account with argentina as the country.
I went on the argentina eshop, purchased a few games (Stardew, hotline collection, wargroove) via the new account.
Followed the instructions as previous post and it worked! (I have a Scotiabank Visa)
Codes get sent to your email and you can claim them on your main account linked to your switch AND get the coins for that purchase!