Expired Hot Deals

Nintendo

eshop: Knockout City (free to play) Standard Edition $17.99 or Deluxe Block Party $23.99 (Switch)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 9:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1892 posts
3632 upvotes
Ontario

[Nintendo] eshop: Knockout City (free to play) Standard Edition $17.99 or Deluxe Block Party $23.99 (Switch)

Knockout City™ is free to play, but the Knockout City™ Standard Edition is discounted from $29.99 to $17.99 and the Knockout City™ Deluxe Block Party Edition is discounted from $39.99 to $23.99.

I'd like to summarize what more you get for the Standard and Deluxe editions, but I've not played the game, and can't find a nice summary to add...

Nintendo Description:
"Join us in Knockout City™ today and check it out for FREE*!
Calling all brawlers: join us in Knockout City™ today and check it out for FREE*! Team up and duke it out with rivals across every map, with every ball, in every style, through every playlist. Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!

Customize your character and to start your Knockout City takeover. Knock out opponents with trick shots and coordinated teamwork while dodging and catching balls flying across the map. No ball? No problem! You can literally ball up, roll into a teammate’s hands, and become the ultimate weapon!

A variety of outlandish ball types, locations, and game modes keep it exciting. Plus, each season introduces new maps, ball types, rewards, events, and challenges—but you’ll need to purchase the game to experience that!"
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3115 posts
776 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this game any good?

I haven't played it yet but the $6 difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Standard Edition seems to be worth it (?), considering that 1500 Holobux apparently costs roughly around $13.99 by itself (based on this listing from Microsoft's online store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/knock ... m803j1cc30). Then again, I don't normally buy skins or accessories in games so I don't know how appealing this would be to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1749 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for a fun game. In for the deluxe edition
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Jul 5, 2017
35 posts
12 upvotes
input wrote: Is this game any good?

I haven't played it yet but the $6 difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Standard Edition seems to be worth it (?), considering that 1500 Holobux apparently costs roughly around $13.99 by itself (based on this listing from Microsoft's online store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/knock ... m803j1cc30). Then again, I don't normally buy skins or accessories in games so I don't know how appealing this would be to me.
There is no couch co-op so mainly played against friends or PvP. Very fun competitive dodgeball game, learning curve isn't too bad. I like playing with friends more, teams of 3 is standard, but we over 30 with children so finding time is difficult Neutral Face

Bought the standard at regular, didn't care for cosmetics so the $17.99 may be more worth it for those interested