• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 5:35 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
107 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

Nintendo Game and Watch

It looks like the Nintendo Game & Watch Super Mario Bros is back in stock at various retailers.

As of Dec 12, 12:22pm (I only checked these ones)
  • Best Buy
  • Costco
Cheers!
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4586 posts
4375 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Was it ever out of stock? Every EB store got like 15+ units each. This thing isn't even a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8371 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
It's probably because people realised how shoddy it was and returned it. That's what I did.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
So you mean they’ll pile them up on top of those unsold ones ?

These will be $20 or less soon enough
[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
107 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: It's probably because people realised how shoddy it was and returned it. That's what I did.
It’s that bad? I was going to order one for my kid.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
mtr215150 wrote: It’s that bad? I was going to order one for my kid.
He’ll play it for 5 minutes then go back to his Cyberpunk
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8371 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
mtr215150 wrote: It’s that bad? I was going to order one for my kid.
If you check out reviews for it it's very flimsy for the price. Definitely doesn't live up to what you'd expect from Nintendo.
Nov 15, 2012
344 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
This was never out of stock, lots of stock AND BAD reviews on Amazon. Not worth the money, IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3165 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
I would consider it a collectors item than something I would play with since there are handhelds that can emulate ROMs that are more practical. Also for the price Nintendo is asking for, I took that money and bought the better gaming tech that came out this year.
Nov 21, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
This is a collectors item not a toy. If you already bought it and opened it thanks your making me feel alot better about my sealed one. Did you see the size and how the handheld device comes? How can you expect a top notch gaming console from that? Only buy this as a collectors item or do your research before you buy something next time to the people saying bad reviews.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1565 posts
1318 upvotes
Ottawa
There had been maybe 8-10 at the Shoppers I was at within the last few weeks.
Dec 20, 2019
432 posts
1412 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
3zKing wrote: This is a collectors item not a toy. If you already bought it and opened it thanks your making me feel alot better about my sealed one. Did you see the size and how the handheld device comes? How can you expect a top notch gaming console from that? Only buy this as a collectors item or do your research before you buy something next time to the people saying bad reviews.
Collector's item are usually limited and rare. Can hardly call this thing limited or rare at this point; Anyone can get one.... Maybe if you hold on to it for 5 years, you might double your profitGrinning Face
Last edited by Patrickpete on Dec 12th, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 4, 2009
477 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
It’s an excellent collectors item. Growing up with Mario I love it, but yes it won’t be played much.

I wiill beat it once then it’ll go back in the box.

For those who complain about it or even call it a console? It’s not that. It’s like buying an art book, or stickers, or pins. If you’re not a fan, then yes you’ll find it pointless.

Edit: A collectors item doesn’t have to have value to others. Only to the one who holds it. People collect rocks for instance, but no one would pay them even a penny for their rock.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Nov 21, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
Hey boss. Just so you know having 20 quantity of a item per store isnt have a bunch of stock. Xbox and ps5 release millions of consoles. Thats a bunch of stock compared to bearly even selling. The last game and watch only had 10,000 made. Some people wont see it as a collectors items the same way funko pops and other collectors items work. And yeah 5 years double your money thats bearly collecting after 20 years then talk to me.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1136 posts
1080 upvotes
Toronto
It’s definitely a collectors item. It’s Mario 1, a game you can play with better controls and screen virtually anywhere else. There’s no reason to buy this aside from collecting. Whether this collector’s item will go up in value or be worthless in the future: who knows. But all signs point to worthless at the moment.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4811 posts
2236 upvotes
This is a good item to display on a shelf. Think of it as a really expensive decor.
Nov 25, 2013
59 posts
69 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
i bought 3 and returned them all. Not worth full price. maybe at 50%.
Feb 15, 2011
10 posts
3 upvotes
I don’t understand the bad reviews. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do. My kids love it. I didn’t expect the stock to be so easy to find, to be honest.
Aug 2, 2013
72 posts
54 upvotes
Abbotsford
Admittedly this thing costs about twice what it reasonably should. But, it is exactly what it is supposed to be, and does exactly what it is supposed to do. The build quality is similar to the original Game and Watch. But, it’s lightness is deceiving. It may feel cheap for this reason, but it is a solid, quality piece of Nintendo hardware. The buttons feel good, the screen is sharp and bright, the speaker is surprisingly loud and clear for it’s size. It comes with three games, Mario 1, Mario 2: The Lost Levels, and Game and Watch Ball. Extra features make these games more replay-able: beat a world on either Mario game and from now on you can start at that world instead of from the start of the game, beat Mario 1 and you unlock hard mode, play Mario 2 with Mario or Luigi, each have unique physics that change the game, turn off the game or switch to a different game and it will load you back to exactly where you were next time you play. It costs too much, and a few more Mario games included would have been nice, but as a throwback to the Game and Watch series its just about perfect. Not sure what people expected when they were buying this?