• Mar 10th, 2020 9:38 am
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
513 posts
983 upvotes
Canada

[Nintendo] Mad Age & This Guy - Nintendo Switch Game - $0.07

See photos below.

It’s 7 cents for crying out loud and boasts 10 hours of play time. Looking for a way to blow through some gold? Here’s your answer.

Mix of Bomberman and Steam Punk puzzle game. Downloading now.
Images
  • 52FE1954-4AC2-4722-948D-5695F2252EC6.jpeg
  • 866D787A-36E0-4A1C-A0A0-5E0B033386C5.jpeg
  • A792B014-9DC1-41DB-AC0C-39D09AC0A5F1.jpeg
31 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2763 posts
836 upvotes
Shows as 6.29 for me
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Aug 31, 2012
118 posts
85 upvotes
Barrie
I was thinking about it. Any good?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2079 posts
2101 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I just bought it for 7 cents
Nov 17, 2007
278 posts
769 upvotes
Canada
I cannot comment on the quality of this specific game, but I do know that the Nintendo E-Shop is littered with games that go through rotating alleged deep cut sales...these are not really a true sale price, and almost all are very low quality games that count on thousands of low price sales to make a quick buck.

Often these games are truly just shovelware someone tossed together in a few hours that are sometimes unable to be completed or played to completion; these games often have gamebreaking bugs, or other issues that the creators just don't care about. They've already made their few grand and are off to make a few more.

I would really encourage people to think twice about buying these just because they are cheap. Yes, I know that this is RFD, and cheap is kind of the idea, but buying these is just perpetually encouraging the creation of more. I would suggest putting your time and money into experiences worthy of those two resources.
I Love deals.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1665 posts
274 upvotes
Winnipeg
Cool. Downloaded it. Can't lose for the price.
Apr 10, 2009
256 posts
315 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: I cannot comment on the quality of this specific game, but I do know that the Nintendo E-Shop is littered with games that go through rotating alleged deep cut sales...these are not really a true sale price, and almost all are very low quality games that count on thousands of low price sales to make a quick buck.

Often these games are truly just shovelware someone tossed together in a few hours that are sometimes unable to be completed or played to completion; these games often have gamebreaking bugs, or other issues that the creators just don't care about. They've already made their few grand and are off to make a few more.

I would really encourage people to think twice about buying these just because they are cheap. Yes, I know that this is RFD, and cheap is kind of the idea, but buying these is just perpetually encouraging the creation of more. I would suggest putting your time and money into experiences worthy of those two resources.
Ok thanks for the lecture. Now tell me if this game is good or not.
Jul 30, 2009
304 posts
307 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: I cannot comment on the quality of this specific game, but I do know that the Nintendo E-Shop is littered with games that go through rotating alleged deep cut sales...these are not really a true sale price, and almost all are very low quality games that count on thousands of low price sales to make a quick buck.

bryan35 wrote: Cool. Downloaded it. Can't lose for the price.

Reading these two posts in succession is just... amazing.
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8638 posts
1341 upvotes

I sat at the Dundas Square corner for 1 minute and got a quarter from some passerby. Bought the game for 7 cents and still up 18 cents. Good haul.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2010
437 posts
261 upvotes
London
I read a pretty neat article about this practice.

https://kotaku.com/developers-cash-in-b ... 1838184195

Basically the Switch eShop has terrible options for filtering and displaying games. Once a game drops off "New" or "Coming Soon", sales tank. So indie devs use this tactic to overcome Nintendo's poor storefront.

I can't really blame them. If I worked hard on a game, I would want to do everything I could to get people to give it a chance. But it's also possible it's more cynical and they just want to cash in. Interesting regardless.
Sep 28, 2017
652 posts
420 upvotes
lorax1284 wrote: Shows as 6.29 for me
once you on the page for the game just refresh the screen and it will show the new price. it happened to me and i just did it out of habit and it showed the 7 cent price. i used my gold points and it cost me nothing.... free is good as well !
no matter where you go, there you are.