Nintendo

NES and SNES Classic mini systems (refurbished) - $64.99 / $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 12:40 am
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3673 posts
4559 upvotes
Alaric wrote: Thanks OP, my parents wouldn’t let me buy one 25 years ago for fears of interfering with school. And now I am finally fulfilling my childhood dream for $109 including tax and shipping. Amazing.
HA! Well I turned out great.... i think.
Congrats nonetheless...IMO...nothing beats Donkey Kong and Pac Man w/ the kids.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14710 posts
4832 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, I knew I should have stocked up on the BB wireless SNES controllers when they had that crazy deal.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14710 posts
4832 upvotes
Montreal
KravenHead wrote: Same here... love the NES but havent played it in over a year. Have the SNES and the PSone/Genesis versions too still wrapped.
I'm in pretty well the same boat, but I opened my NES, but still have the PS1 + Genesis sitting in the family room unopened, and still in their original WM and BB store bags + receipts.

The one I wanted most (SNES) I missed out on, and (at secondary market prices) I also forced myself *not* to buy any wireless SNES controller from BB for $5-$7 a pop (depending on how many you bought) and now it pops up at $89. Damn, double-damn.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1283 posts
413 upvotes
Thank You OP. I have been trying to get NES for long time. I have SNES already and its been lot of fun.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5579 posts
5798 upvotes
GTA
mackey2001 wrote: No contra? Or kung fu?
The sky's the limit on what it can have if you softmod it. And softmodding it is relatively simple if you have a PC with Windows Vista or better.

These are great prices, but you only really need the SNES since it will play NES and SNES games once modded.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22901 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto
no idea what is going on at my end - tried again to buy the SNES and always get the "error processing your transaction - check with your credit card issuer etc".

Tried my 2 different cards - laptop, tablet - arrggghhhhh

Guess I wasn't meant to get one - wallet safe!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1452 posts
1686 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Which of these two (or maybe other options) is best for young kids (5 years old) ? I have an old xbox 360 but most games outside is unplayable due to their hands being so small or game becomes very frustrating for them.
Actually the only game that is not frustrating is minecraft but they are just exploring the land most of the time.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2797 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
mattisgrat wrote: I have the SNES version and it really is pretty great. That said, the tiny little controllers really are the biggest downfall of this machine. If I were 11 and sitting 18 inches from the TV again it would be fine but the short cables don’t work for regular humans and the wireless ones cost as much as the unit itself!
For the controller issue get a couple of Nintendo Wii classic / Wii classic pro controllers.They are 100% compatible & use the same connector (be careful not to get knockoffs, the real ones sbould have the wii logo on them)

- bigger size
- home button on the wii classic controllers acts as the reset on the nes / snes classic so you don't have to go the console to change games.
- if you mod your console you have more buttons /analog sticks to use when emulating newer gen systems.
Last edited by Xon on Jul 11th, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2844 posts
1061 upvotes
No idea how I'm going to playing the SNES on a 85" screen with the tiny controller cables, there has to be a work around. I'll just look for my old SNES in my parents basement in the mean time.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4276 posts
10562 upvotes
Quebec
This is what I get when I finish my order!

Shopping Cart
Order has been already processed.
Requested order does not exists.
You have no items in your shopping cart.

Click here to continue shopping.

And then:
There was an issue processing your transaction.
Contact your card issuer or select a different payment option.
For help, please visit support.nintendo.com/switch/creditcard
Last edited by isrdum on Jul 11th, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3106 posts
1075 upvotes
Montreal
For the people that ordered the SNES classic, did you receive an e-mail confirmation?
I havnt...
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Jan 13, 2009
374 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Buy the controller extension. On amazon and are cheap.
hi-tech wrote: No idea how I'm going to playing the SNES on a 85" screen with the tiny controller cables, there has to be a work around. I'll just look for my old SNES in my parents basement in the mean time.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2797 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
hi-tech wrote: No idea how I'm going to playing the SNES on a 85" screen with the tiny controller cables, there has to be a work around. I'll just look for my old SNES in my parents basement in the mean time.
Russell wrote: Controller extension cables are super cheap on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H4GS6XH/ref ... cFbWA6HPZZ
Alternatively, you can get a long HDMI cable, assuming you have a coffee table or something similiar to put the console on.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Dec 29, 2001
979 posts
218 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
To buy or not to buy that is the question. So many possibilities have the Ps1 and have used it seldomly...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8569 posts
1388 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Tempting...a lot of people just love downvoting things on this forum...they have no idea what anything is going for lol...SNES New goes for >$200.
Thanks. I had no idea. I got both the nes classic and snes classic sitting around at home doing nothing. Maybe I'll sell them and get my money back.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5579 posts
5798 upvotes
GTA
I bought a few of these off eBay. Look for HDMI extender, female to female. They are probably the cheapest option over buying a longer HDMI cable or controller extension as long as you have an extra HDMI cable sitting around already. I've even seen them being sold in dollar stores (the non-Dollarama ones).
HDMI-Female-to-Female-Joiner-Adapter-Extender-Connector.jpg
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4821 posts
1483 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Which of these two (or maybe other options) is best for young kids (5 years old) ?
Neither. When they get frustrated they're going to throw the controller at the tv screen. Just like their parents did at their age ;)
Jan 23, 2019
166 posts
136 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Which of these two (or maybe other options) is best for young kids (5 years old) ?
I would suggest the SNES, as i find the old school NES games are way too hard for today's kids lol
[email protected] wrote: Thank You OP. I have been trying to get NES for long time. I have SNES already and its been lot of fun.
Same story here! Purchase went thru flawlessly for me, big total of $82.77 (for QC)
BernardRyder wrote: These are great prices, but you only really need the SNES since it will play NES and SNES games once modded.
Not necessarily true. My SNES storage is already full with 4th generation games. I'm getting the NES to fill it with 1st to 3rd gen games. If i get a PS Mini, I'll fill that one with 5th gen games :)
[email protected] wrote: Is there any good place to get the ROMs after you softmod?
Not sure if that's allowed on here... But Google is your friend! They're fairly easy to find.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)