NES and SNES Classic mini systems (refurbished) - $64.99 / $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 12:40 am
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2798 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
Zeev20 wrote: To buy or not to buy that is the question. So many possibilities have the Ps1 and have used it seldomly...
As much as I love my SNES Classic and would never sell it, I fell off of it after about a month...

Assuming you grew up with the games, it'll fill you with warm and fuzzy memories revisiting them for a few days, then you'll reach a point where your trip down memory lane ends and you'll put the classic console away to collect dust.

Still, this thread makes me want to check see how the modding community is doing, I suddenly have an urge to play Chrono Trigger...
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Dec 29, 2001
982 posts
218 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
Xon wrote: As much as I love my SNES Classic and would never sell it, I fell off of it after about a month...

Assuming you grew up with the games, it'll fill you with warm and fuzzy memories revisiting them for a few days, then you'll reach a point where your trip down memory lane ends and you'll put the classic console away to collect dust.

Still, this thread makes me want to check see how the modding community is doing, I suddenly have an urge to play Chrono Trigger...
Exactly what I was thinking picked up the Ps1 and the same thing happened.. Even modded it as I would do the same with the SNES
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31703 posts
13039 upvotes
Zeev20 wrote: To buy or not to buy that is the question. So many possibilities have the Ps1 and have used it seldomly...
The PS Classic (if that's what you mean) can do everything these can do and do it better at that, and easier to "hack" too IIRC--basically the PS Classic almost invites you to "hack" it lol. Plus it only cost like $30 on clearance at a lot or places at the time. I wouldn't give Nintenblow 2 cents or even the time of day these days, but up to you. I'd just stick with your PS Classic 'cause it will play SNES games better than the Nintenblow version.

If you just want it for nostalgia I'd also say, "don't bother".
Dec 29, 2001
982 posts
218 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
ES_Revenge wrote: The PS Classic (if that's what you mean) can do everything these can do and do it better at that, and easier to "hack" too IIRC--basically the PS Classic almost invites you to "hack" it lol. Plus it only cost like $30 on clearance at a lot or places at the time. I wouldn't give Nintenblow 2 cents or even the time of day these days, but up to you. I'd just stick with your PS Classic 'cause it will play SNES games better than the Nintenblow version.

Opps I meant PS Classic and yes picked it up for 30
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5614 posts
5809 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: The PS Classic (if that's what you mean) can do everything these can do and do it better at that, and easier to "hack" too IIRC--basically the PS Classic almost invites you to "hack" it lol. Plus it only cost like $30 on clearance at a lot or places at the time. I wouldn't give Nintenblow 2 cents or even the time of day these days, but up to you. I'd just stick with your PS Classic 'cause it will play SNES games better than the Nintenblow version.

More like you absolutely HAVE to hack the PS Classic to make it better! The OOB experience is so sad compared to the Nintendo Classics, Sony completely phoned it in to profit from the mini nostalgia craze. On the other hand the NES and SNES are quite enjoyable out of the box.
But really why would anyone leave any of these stock when they are so easy to expolit... sorry, "enhance". Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
c'mon get happy!
May 14, 2008
360 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
The best in is finding a way to mod it and play genesis games!

X-Men clone wars is amazing!

I wish it was easy to make a four way adapter for NBA jam or ninja turtles though.

Searched around internet and looks hard
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22905 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto
maggieandyaothecats wrote: The best in is finding a way to mod it and play genesis games!

X-Men clone wars is amazing!
even the original Xmen on Sega Genesis was awesome to play - loved using Wolverine...

And who can forget Streets of Rage!!!

Oh man, NBA jam.....what a classic!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Jul 22, 2013
13 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes got a confirmation email
Mcklain wrote: For the people that ordered the SNES classic, did you receive an e-mail confirmation?
I havnt...
Dec 28, 2008
35 posts
7 upvotes
One thing that I think should be mentioned - get a 2.4ghz wireless controller, not Bluetooth. The lag from Bluetooth can be a big issue in some of these older games. I got an 8bitdo controller for my SNES. Currently $35 on Amazon.

Also, fwiw, I use my SNES classic, and have a NES and Genesis still in boxes.
Oct 11, 2016
38 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP in for the SNES classic. Figure if the nostalgia wears off quickly I’ll just sell it on eBay / kijiji where these babies are fetching $150+.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3148 posts
1388 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Why did they make these so limited? Could have made major bank if they just manufactured enough.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1462 posts
1723 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
any issues buying this refurbished? What is possibly going wrong with these to need repairs. You would think everything is soldered solid.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3192 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Alaric wrote: Thanks OP, my parents wouldn’t let me buy one 25 years ago for fears of interfering with school. And now I am finally fulfilling my childhood dream for $109 including tax and shipping. Amazing.
Should get into arcade 1up's and build your home arcade
Images
  • E96AB8FA-AA55-4B42-876D-2F3E06E68907.jpeg
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2852 posts
1351 upvotes
Montreal, QC
so tempting. i'm missing the NES. already have the SNES and the Japanese SNES. now, if there was a deal on the PSOne classic and the Genesis
Last edited by sumtimw0ng on Jul 11th, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22905 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Not taking 2 of my cc's for some reason
Same here - I have used 2 different CCs - different browsers & even PC, laptop and tablet.....cleared cache and history etc.....

The webpage can't seem to process my order so I just gave up.....lol

The universe is telling me not to buy......

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Jan 17, 2017
385 posts
567 upvotes
deal dead?

There was an issue processing your transaction.
Contact your card issuer or select a different payment option.
For help, please visit support.nintendo.com/switch/creditcard
Jan 11, 2016
255 posts
102 upvotes
Peterborough
We have the snes and NES version. Just get the snes version and hack it. Then put your favorite nes games on it as well. Works pretty well.
Jul 26, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
Srimok wrote: Not exactly comparable due to price but get a Mister. No lag like all these software emulation boxes and way more accurate.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki
I love my MiSTer but let's be real, it's not for most people at this point.

Thanks OP! I always regretted giving up my Nintendo minis because I ended up picking up the mini Genesis and TG16. So now I'll be able to display them all under my TV next to their full-sized originals. Can't wait!