Expired Hot Deals

[Nintendo] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Digital ($19.49)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 2:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
244 posts
483 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[Nintendo] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Digital ($19.49)

DEAL IS DEAD
Last edited by CanadianHummus on Sep 25th, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Nov 4, 2010
178 posts
146 upvotes
Canada
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Switch version specifically had some form of save issues. So please check before purchase
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1137 posts
1112 upvotes
West GTA
This is a really great game, well worth playing if you like charming JRPGs. Much better than its disappointing sequel. If you like the genre and haven't played it then give it a shot, it's good.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1024 posts
718 upvotes
Ottawa
phaldaz wrote: I may be mistaken, but I believe the Switch version specifically had some form of save issues. So please check before purchase
I think it happens early on while getting the wand. Personally, I had no save issues throughout my playthrough (I did keep multiple saves just in case - but usually do that anyways for an RPG)
Last edited by cloak on Sep 17th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2019
279 posts
638 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
This switch version is a Lame. I bought it with the intention of replaying the ps3 version, figured it would be the same. However, it seemed like the enemy was way weaker with less hp. At first I thought it was my imagination, but when I replayed the ps3 version, I realized it was true. If you are fine with just clicking your way through the game, then this is for you; why the hell did level 5 feel the need to tweak the difficulty on this game is beyond me.
Nov 4, 2010
178 posts
146 upvotes
Canada
cloak wrote: I think it happens really on while getting the wand. Personally, I had no save issues throughout my playthrough (I did keep multiple saves just in case - but usually do that anyways for an RPG)
That's good to note, I appreciate you sharing your experience on the matter!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2148 posts
394 upvotes
All time low price according to Deku Deals.
Nov 21, 2013
22 posts
11 upvotes
MILTON
Buy from Mexico eshop and save a few bucks ($17.86 total).
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1791 posts
971 upvotes
Cambridge
Ugh... tempted to get this. Played is on PS3, got to the snow area but not any further... not sure how far into it that is but might need to get back there.
Also, Ori and the Will of the Wisps just launched today... loved the first one but might wait for a sale as it's $39.99
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1137 posts
1112 upvotes
West GTA
Patrickpete wrote: This switch version is a Lame. I bought it with the intention of replaying the ps3 version, figured it would be the same. However, it seemed like the enemy was way weaker with less hp. At first I thought it was my imagination, but when I replayed the ps3 version, I realized it was true. If you are fine with just clicking your way through the game, then this is for you; why the hell did level 5 feel the need to tweak the difficulty on this game is beyond me.
Wait, they lowered the difficulty? The original was perfect - not all that hard but you'd die a few times along the journey. The sequel was EXTREMELY easy, so maybe the corporate decision's been to make their games cakewalks to satisfy younger children, but if that's the case then it's disappointing. At least having the opportunity to select for 'normal' and 'easy' would be fine.
Dec 20, 2019
279 posts
638 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
grumble wrote: Wait, they lowered the difficulty? The original was perfect - not all that hard but you'd die a few times along the journey. The sequel was EXTREMELY easy, so maybe the corporate decision's been to make their games cakewalks to satisfy younger children, but if that's the case then it's disappointing. At least having the opportunity to select for 'normal' and 'easy' would be fine.
There is still a normal difficulty, but when I entered certain parts such as the forest and the boss battles, I noticed it was so much easier... I didn't even have to level up or block; just had to mash x, which wasn't so in the original. When I went back to replay the ps3 version, I realized it wasn't my imagination. Why the hell they felt the need to mess up the game when there is already a easy difficulty is beyond me.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1024 posts
718 upvotes
Ottawa
Patrickpete wrote: There is still a normal difficulty, but when I entered certain parts such as the forest and the boss battles, I noticed it was so much easier... I didn't even have to level up or block; just had to mash x, which wasn't so in the original. When I went back to replay the ps3 version, I realized it wasn't my imagination. Why the hell they felt the need to mess up the game when there is already a easy difficulty is beyond me.
Normal enemies or bosses? Bosses could definitely rock your clock if only mashing X
Dec 23, 2008
139 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks op! was waiting for this to drop to 20$

now i just need ninja storm 4 to drop to 20$ lol