[Nintendo] Nintendo Black Friday Deals and Cyber Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 8:59 am
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2146 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto
oldeltaco wrote: Seems they are still on sale at Toy's r us, but only for store pickup. You might be lucky and your local store has some in stock!
they also seem to still be on sale at london drugs
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1657 posts
3074 upvotes
Toronto
oldeltaco wrote: Seems they are still on sale at Toy's r us, but only for store pickup. You might be lucky and your local store has some in stock!
geogolem wrote: they also seem to still be on sale at london drugs
12andy12 wrote: Is this sale over? All games seem to be regular price now
Are you asking about the games sales for $49.99? Yes they should be done now. Most were supposed to go until Nov 30.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1853 posts
1011 upvotes
Kanata, ON
I don’t suspect this is available in stock anywhere? Or am I stuck getting the Fortnite edition? Son changed his mind on getting a lite for Christmas and would like the regular switch now. Guess the lite will be going back!

Also on a side note, how come the Mario Kart bundle can be found on kijiji for $420-430? Were people getting this cheaper than $400 plus tax to still make a profit on these? Anything to watch out for before buying one off kijiji?
Aug 21, 2011
112 posts
56 upvotes
MarvinMartian wrote: I don’t suspect this is available in stock anywhere? Or am I stuck getting the Fortnite edition? Son changed his mind on getting a lite for Christmas and would like the regular switch now. Guess the lite will be going back!

Also on a side note, how come the Mario Kart bundle can be found on kijiji for $420-430? Were people getting this cheaper than $400 plus tax to still make a profit on these? Anything to watch out for before buying one off kijiji?
Just saw in the new Walmart flyer that they’ll have an exclusive bundle for 399 including a case and individual online membership. Costco has a good bundle for $419 with a few more things (including case, family membership, $30 e shop credit) if you can find it in store. I would recommend these over the Fortnite one for sure.

People selling the Mario kart bundle on Kijiji are probably cashing out optimum points, profit to be made especially after the recent bonus redemption
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11955 posts
1865 upvotes
Vancouver
Any switch players help me out. I see a friend online. I want to create a room and then invite him to the room? I tried the best I could but for some reason I dl t see where or how to invite him?

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1657 posts
3074 upvotes
Toronto
MarvinMartian wrote: I don’t suspect this is available in stock anywhere? Or am I stuck getting the Fortnite edition? Son changed his mind on getting a lite for Christmas and would like the regular switch now. Guess the lite will be going back!

nico29 wrote: Just saw in the new Walmart flyer that they’ll have an exclusive bundle for 399 including a case and individual online membership. Costco has a good bundle for $419 with a few more things (including case, family membership, $30 e shop credit) if you can find it in store. I would recommend these over the Fortnite one for sure.

People selling the Mario kart bundle on Kijiji are probably cashing out optimum points, profit to be made especially after the recent bonus redemption
I expect the same about the Mario Kart bundle. Lots online that look like selling "at cost". And the only discounted version was basically the Shoppers Drug Mart deal. So in all fairness, actually works out for everyone.
Aug 31, 2005
286 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks for this thread @Skilas. I accidentally found it and managed to read most of the 18 pages.

I'd like to thank the posters who recommend games for a "8y old girl" as I want to buy a game I think my 9y old would appreciate. Shes not a gamer persay. Her exposure to video games is App games that are free on google play or Amazon acct. Shes recently started with Roblux and is begging for $ to move forward in the game.
I have a six yr old (boy) that thinks he likes minecraft, pokemon and mario but actually only knows as much as he learns from friends at school.

So if anyone can recommend top 3 games for them..I'd be appreciative.

Sometimes I wonder why we resist app purchases and money (ie roblux) but it's fine to spend 400 on a console, then ~80 on each game! I hope there are benefits to having this system
Fyi they play roblux on a fire hd tablet

Also, not sure if I read correctly, I need to recieve my system first and then can buy digital games? Those take up memory and I only have 32gb on the system? Even xbox starts at 500gb .....wow they dont give anything for free!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1657 posts
3074 upvotes
Toronto
crazychick wrote: Thanks for this thread @Skilas. I accidentally found it and managed to read most of the 18 pages.

I'd like to thank the posters who recommend games for a "8y old girl" as I want to buy a game I think my 9y old would appreciate. Shes not a gamer persay. Her exposure to video games is App games that are free on google play or Amazon acct. Shes recently started with Roblux and is begging for $ to move forward in the game.
I have a six yr old (boy) that thinks he likes minecraft, pokemon and mario but actually only knows as much as he learns from friends at school.

Sometimes I wonder why we resist app purchases and money (ie roblux) but it's fine to spend 400 on a console, then ~80 on each game! I hope there are benefits to having this system

Also, not sure if I read correctly, I need to recieve my system first and then can buy digital games? Those take up memory and I only have 32gb on the system? Even xbox starts at 500gb .....wow they dont give anything for free!
Hi, yes you need to wait for your system to buy digital games from Nintendo's online eshop. Set the system up, create an account, link it to the Nintendo Switch, and then you can buy games either from the Switch, or even from your phone/computer (and it will sync to the Switch). Last year I had the same issue, where I knew I would be getting a system on Black Friday, but wanted to buy some games on sale ahead of time, and could not.

The internal memory is pretty small. So yes, you need to buy a micro SD card. The thought process would be that this is their attempt to keep the console's price as low as possible. Not everyone needs a lot of space on their system, so why make people pay for something they don't need? Luckily, it uses micro sd cards, which are very cheap these days. Sometimes companies make you use their own "special" memory cards, and those tend to cost an arm and a leg.
Jan 23, 2007
96 posts
114 upvotes
East Saint Paul
crazychick wrote: Thanks for this thread @Skilas. I accidentally found it and managed to read most of the 18 pages.

I think in my previous post about having an 8 year old girl that I had recommended Yoshi's Crafted World as it's very forgiving for the skill level of the player so in other words the kids can beat the game without it being to difficult without getting frustrated.

Mine Craft is on Nintendo Switch and it's a game that appears to still be very popular with the kids at school.
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu - My 8 year old had played it when she was 7, it's simple but I think a bit to much for a 6 year old. I'd probably skip it.
Any of the Lego games based off of movies/franchises are also a safe bet as they are fun, easy, and often go on sale for cheap.
Luigi's Mansion is a lot of fun if the kids play with an adult together. Very cartoonish and funny and takes about 25 hours to beat so it's a decent length.
For Mario games, I would suggest Mario Kart first , then Super Mario Deluxe U and probably not Mario Odyssey. The Odyssey game is really fun but will be to difficult for the children to play at that age.

My 8 year old is now into Roblux as well and thankfully Nintendo doesn't really have games similar to it in which the kids can't move forward in the game or get the "fun stuff" without continously spending more money. Spending 20 - 30 dollars in Roblox the kids can burn through that in seconds for literally nothing... much better value with the games.

So my 3 game recommendation

1 - Yoshi Crafted World
2 - Luigi Mansion 3
3 - Lego Incredibles

Bonus - Kirby Star Allies (I think their is a demo you can download for free... I'd try that first to see if they like it).

Bonus #2 - Animal Crossing ... can't believe I forgot about that.
Last edited by Brandino on Dec 5th, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2015
765 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been a while since I've had a switch

I went crazy with my points picked up

Luigi
Mario kart
Splatoon 2
Legend of Zelda both
Mario tennis - hopefully this will be a fun one
Super Mario 3d all stars (3 games in 1)

I want to get the boxing game and maybe the arms game anyone have that one ?