Hot Deals

[Nintendo] Nintendo Switch: Doom Trilogy (3 Games, $3.24ea)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 6:08 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2005
693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto

[Nintendo] Nintendo Switch: Doom Trilogy (3 Games, $3.24ea)

Classic FPS games... Well worth the few bucks, just for retro-enjoyment!

DOOM (1993) $3.24:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/doom-1993-switch/

DOOM II (Classic) $3.24:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/d ... ic-switch/

DOOM 64 $3.24:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/doom-64-switch/

Enjoy!
39 replies
Dec 25, 2012
547 posts
629 upvotes
Ontario
Wow. These games are easy to find online emulator. Not gonna pay $9 for an old game to run on a switch. Switch has become a console of remastered ported games and old classic games. Very few new games.
Dec 29, 2010
205 posts
246 upvotes
Laval
micromen wrote: Wow. These games are easy to find online emulator. Not gonna pay $9 for an old game to run on a switch. Switch has become a console of remastered ported games and old classic games. Very few new games.
I couldn’t agree more. It’s really frustrating to see almost every new announcement be a remastered game...
Aug 13, 2020
217 posts
638 upvotes
micromen wrote: Wow. These games are easy to find online emulator. Not gonna pay $9 for an old game to run on a switch. Switch has become a console of remastered ported games and old classic games. Very few new games.
$9, lmfao. Come on.
Aug 29, 2013
792 posts
572 upvotes
Waterloo
I can’t remember (it’s been a while)... can you play 2 person couch co-op for these campaigns? I know it says multiplayer in the description but I remember some doom games had some kind of goofy multiplayer option which wasn’t the full game...??? TIA
Jan 31, 2008
299 posts
215 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
These are great ports, and play very well on Switch.
LOL. You know very little about Switch.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1466 posts
698 upvotes
Langley
EVIL-C wrote: These are great ports, and play very well on Switch.

LOL. You know very little about Switch.
It’s hard not to agree with him, the amount of remasters and ports are STAGGERING let alone the costs of games... I’m contemplating whether it’s time to sell my switch. Outside of BOTW, Odyssey, Mario Kart and Mario Party there’s very little
I can’t play (personally) on another console or PC for a fraction of the price and arguably have it perform better. I’m just not that into platforming side scrollers/Metroidvania and Indies or import RPGs for that matter. I also don’t travel or play undocked. Personally I’ve been let down by Switch and what they offer after being so excited to get it almost 3 years ago. I understand the sales figures show a lot of people supporting it, but it’s just been a let down for me personally.
[OP]
Jan 20, 2005
693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: All 3 have been cheaper, as recently as November, so unless you're gonna play them now, chances are they'll be cheaper again.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/doom-1993
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/doom-2-classic
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/doom-64
It was $0.25 cheaper around Black Friday, and slightly cheaper one time previous to that.

I"ll make one less payphone call this month, save my quarter that way, and then enjoy the game now (versus waiting for the BIG sale). /s
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4133 posts
1512 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I bought these during the Black Friday sale and am very happy I did. I find games like this play really well on Switch and I’ve enjoyed Doom since it originally came out. To claim $9 is too expensive for 3 games is a joke. The argument you can pirate them for free on PC isn’t much of a valid argument. It’s quite easy to get $9 value out of these. I like quick and easy drop in and out games on Switch when I’ve got 10-15 minutes to kill between household tasks. These games fill that void for me. Great price for great classic games.

EDIT: correct some typos/grammar.
Last edited by ChicoQuente on Feb 19th, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2013
122 posts
74 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I bought these during the Black Friday sale and am very happy I did. I find games like this play really well Switch and I’ve enjoyed Doom since they came out. To claim $9 is too expensive for 3 games is a joke. The argument you can pirate them for free on PC isn’t much of a valid argument. It’s quite easy to get $9 value out of these. I like quick and easy drop in and out games on Switch when I’ve got 10-15 minutes to kill between household tasks. These games fill that void for me. Great price for great classic games.
I feel the exact same way! Also bought them and like playing little sessions. I also got Doom 3 for a few bucks more and plan to work my way through that before jumping into the modern games for the first time
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4133 posts
1512 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
AHCanada wrote: I feel the exact same way! Also bought them and like playing little sessions. I also got Doom 3 for a few bucks more and plan to work my way through that before jumping into the modern games for the first time
I think I did as well actually. Looking forward to getting to it too. I’d transitioned off PC when Doom 3 released and don’t think I’ve ever fully played through it.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1441 posts
1109 upvotes
Ottawa
People will always complain...

Yes Nintendo games are expensive...

Yes pirating games is cheap...

Yes this is one of the best ways to legally play a lot of these games with an easy swap between portable and docked mode.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19541 posts
6836 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I played all the Doom and Doom 2 I ever needed to on my 60Mhz Pentium.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1642 posts
2394 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: I played all the Doom and Doom 2 I ever needed to on my 60Mhz Pentium.
Time to upgrade man. I'd be surprised if AOL online still works on a P1. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3823 posts
3167 upvotes
No Bum Deals
BinaryJay wrote: I played all the Doom and Doom 2 I ever needed to on my 60Mhz Pentium.
My DX2-66 wasn't far behind Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1642 posts
2394 upvotes
cloak wrote: People will always complain...
Ain't that the truth. I know people who made stuff up just to complain about it because they ran out of things to complain about.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2345 posts
2167 upvotes
Whitby
My consoles are packed but i respect anyone posting a deal SOMEONE might want.