• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2019 12:49 pm
Dec 24, 2009
884 posts
346 upvotes
Quebec City
SkimGuy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 3:11 pm
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country: $33.49 - Standalone prequel game for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so if you care about story play that one first. This game plays similarly but has some easier to get into mechanics. IMO XC2 was one of the best RPGs on the Switch
I've just finished XC2 this weekend and wondering if I should buy it digital or physical. Do you think BB/AMZ will drop the price further during this sale?
Jan 31, 2008
228 posts
121 upvotes
Etobicoke
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 2:05 pm
I cant believe they are still trying to charge over $50 on a sale no less of Donkey Kong, A PORT FROM WII U! I would love to play it but im not paying that much lol
While it's a Nintendo Select title on Wii U, and thus cheaper, Tropical Freeze is an absolute masterpiece. Being a Wii U port is irrelevant. Tropical Freeze is worth every penny.
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
445 upvotes
Ottawa
Trash sales. And can't resale.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1581 posts
210 upvotes
Winnipeg
How long is NBA 2k19 taking to dòwnload
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5601 posts
1504 upvotes
Scarborough
MercadorHG wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 6:20 pm
I've just finished XC2 this weekend and wondering if I should buy it digital or physical. Do you think BB/AMZ will drop the price further during this sale?
No I don't think so, I've been eyeing it as well for a while now and this is about as cheap as it gets. Also I think Physical in this case is less valuable since the Expansion pass will not be transferable if you want to sell the game, so it makes sense to buy digital for Torna
Dec 24, 2017
655 posts
578 upvotes
I just can’t bring myself to pay taxes on digital purchases. Steam and PSN have kind of spoiled me I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1222 posts
238 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:49 pm
No I don't think so, I've been eyeing it as well for a while now and this is about as cheap as it gets. Also I think Physical in this case is less valuable since the Expansion pass will not be transferable if you want to sell the game, so it makes sense to buy digital for Torna
You are still getting the rest of the DLC for X2 if you buy the standalone digital version or Torna right? Instead of buying the season pass at 38$ I could buy this at 33$ and get all the same thing.

It says this on the eshop. Anyone can confirm they got the season pass too when they bought digital Torna?

"Both the retail and digital editions contain a download code for packs 1-4 of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass. Expansion Pass only playable with the main Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game (sold separately)."
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3728 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
The Torna expansion is pretty short, I ended up picking up a physical copy and beating it quick enough to use EB's satisfaction guarantee on it.
Aug 17, 2012
249 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
For digital buyers, just a heads up too that both Dragon Quest XI and Daemon X Machina qualify for the Nintendo Vouchers.

Also Link's Awakening Remake is 79.99 so it's worth using a Voucher on it.

Remember that the last day to buy the vouchers is July 31st 2019.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5601 posts
1504 upvotes
Scarborough
Grimcurse wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 2:26 am
You are still getting the rest of the DLC for X2 if you buy the standalone digital version or Torna right? Instead of buying the season pass at 38$ I could buy this at 33$ and get all the same thing.

It says this on the eshop. Anyone can confirm they got the season pass too when they bought digital Torna?

"Both the retail and digital editions contain a download code for packs 1-4 of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass. Expansion Pass only playable with the main Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game (sold separately)."
Yes, Torna comes with the DLC. Iirc they sold it as a bundle from the beginning, only the the expansion pass was released before Torna was ready. You'll get both if you buy online
Aug 1, 2014
100 posts
33 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Is the Diablo 3 deal good? $53 is a bit steep so I'm hesitant...
Jun 19, 2017
182 posts
357 upvotes
I’ve personally been waiting for a sale on Wargroove and Cuphead. The savings are enough for me. I’m grateful for any “deal” on stuff I want, I don’t need a giveaway. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

+1 from me, thanks Op.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1240 posts
1026 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hvc wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 1:19 pm
What's a good price to look for Civ? Thinking about picking it up (not fussed on cartridge vs digital). Does it ever go cheaper than $50?
I paid full price and don't regret it; if you like civ you know the hours you'll put into it. $50 is good if you want to play it. If you're in no rush $40 like others said happens.

It's not as good as the computer version but its portable so that makes it decent. I played it a lot when i was travelling.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2177 posts
1172 upvotes
Montreal
They call that a sale? I call that full price.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2177 posts
1172 upvotes
Montreal
Bmaximus wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 7:07 am
Is the Diablo 3 deal good? $53 is a bit steep so I'm hesitant...
No it's not a good price.