• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 7:44 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2005
533 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto

[Nintendo] Nintendo Switch - FIFA 2020 $19.49

Very good deal (regular price is $64.99). Enjoy!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3523 posts
2126 upvotes
Vancouver
Remember new version always comes out in September (didn’t keep track this year) which is why every sport game is generally $20 or less by now (except mlb cause that’s on a different timeline)
[OP]
Jan 20, 2005
533 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Paigne wrote: Remember new version always comes out in September (didn’t keep track this year) which is why every sport game is generally $20 or less by now (except mlb cause that’s on a different timeline)
True and thanks for mentioning (I forgot). That being said, I don't see the value in paying $50 more for the 'new' game (ie. FIFA 2021)... I just want to play soccer (football), not as worried about the latest version. 2020 is still current in my books! ;-)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9597 posts
3012 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
scott_newsgroup wrote: True and thanks for mentioning (I forgot). That being said, I don't see the value in paying $50 more for the 'new' game (ie. FIFA 2021)... I just want to play soccer (football), not as worried about the latest version. 2020 is still current in my books! ;-)
Switch version did not receive any major upgrades from 2019 version, mostly roster updates i think. 2019 was available for around $5 last year.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3523 posts
2126 upvotes
Vancouver
scott_newsgroup wrote: True and thanks for mentioning (I forgot). That being said, I don't see the value in paying $50 more for the 'new' game (ie. FIFA 2021)... I just want to play soccer (football), not as worried about the latest version. 2020 is still current in my books! ;-)
That’s true except in the past, they are always on sale for $40-50 by Black Friday. Sometimes lower, sometimes same on Boxing Day. Of course that is waiting an extra 2 months. You just got to decide when you want it.

For switch version, my guess is online doesn’t matter as much so it matters less. For other versions, the player base generally adapts to the new one when it comes out and peak player base is generally during the first couple month of release... so if you plan on playing online, then you want to get it early (even at full price) for the best experience (of course there are often lots of bugs too...). If you are just looking to play offline, then sure this is a decent deal.