Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

Nintendo switch sale overcooked & yoku's $6

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1616 posts
3657 upvotes

[Nintendo] Nintendo switch sale overcooked & yoku's $6

60 replies
Feb 23, 2013
33 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Yoku’s Island Express was one of my biggest gaming surprises of 2020. It’s a Metroidvania combined with pinball, which is the oddest combination ever, but it works really well. Definitely worth it at this price. I found it a nice relaxing experience with a tonne of charm. There’s a demo that gives a good sample of the game, so check it out.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
Yoku's Island Express is def worth $6 for ~6 hours of fun !
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
FourteenthFerret wrote: Yoku’s Island Express was one of my biggest gaming surprises of 2020. It’s a Metroidvania combined with pinball, which is the oddest combination ever, but it works really well. Definitely worth it at this price. I found it a nice relaxing experience with a tonne of charm. There’s a demo that gives a good sample of the game, so check it out.
Absolutely agree!

Double dipped on PC and Switch, this game was so much fun and has so much charm!
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
Don't know who doesn't have Overcooked yet but if you don't then get it!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36619 upvotes
Scarborough
FourteenthFerret wrote: Yoku’s Island Express was one of my biggest gaming surprises of 2020. It’s a Metroidvania combined with pinball, which is the oddest combination ever, but it works really well. Definitely worth it at this price. I found it a nice relaxing experience with a tonne of charm. There’s a demo that gives a good sample of the game, so check it out.
Thanks, you sold me on Yoku’s Island Express. Just picked that and UNO up.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
Kids are getting a switch for XMAS but I can't purchase the games without having the switch linked to the nintendo account. Hopefully it will still be on sale at XMAS.
Dec 1, 2016
128 posts
118 upvotes
tonyford wrote: Kids are getting a switch for XMAS but I can't purchase the games without having the switch linked to the nintendo account. Hopefully it will still be on sale at XMAS.
Set the Nintendo up before they open it. Unwrap it, charge it, download all the games and updates for the games. That way they can unwrap it and play everything right away.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
Jawkuz wrote: Set the Nintendo up before they open it. Unwrap it, charge it, download all the games and updates for the games. That way they can unwrap it and play everything right away.
Nah, it's already wrapped under the tree.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
Jawkuz wrote: Set the Nintendo up before they open it. Unwrap it, charge it, download all the games and updates for the games. That way they can unwrap it and play everything right away.
Got my son a new laptop for school and did the same thing. Also to make sure that everything works as it should since I bought it on BF.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Dec 17, 2006
189 posts
65 upvotes
tonyford wrote: Kids are getting a switch for XMAS but I can't purchase the games without having the switch linked to the nintendo account. Hopefully it will still be on sale at XMAS.
I opened my daughters and set it all up so it's ready to go. You'll regret not doing it. There's quite a bit of setup involved and you'll have some impatient kids on xmas morning :)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
Boots wrote: I opened my daughters and set it all up so it's ready to go. You'll regret not doing it. There's quite a bit of setup involved and you'll have some impatient kids on xmas morning :)
Maybe I'll open it up tonight and take a look. Never used the switch before so It wouldn't hurt to have it ready to go.
Feb 7, 2015
365 posts
237 upvotes
Any pinball strategy games similar to Yoku's Island? We finished that already and it's really good.
Jan 23, 2007
108 posts
127 upvotes
East Saint Paul
Boots wrote: I opened my daughters and set it all up so it's ready to go. You'll regret not doing it. There's quite a bit of setup involved and you'll have some impatient kids on xmas morning :)
I will second this post! Nothing sucks as much as a kid getting excited only to find out that the system needs to download firmware updates and then having to deal with a whining exciting kid that has to now wait 30 minutes longer.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: Don't know who doesn't have Overcooked yet but if you don't then get it!
New to me.. Is it worth getting the full overcooked 2 DLC package for an extra 16$?
Oct 10, 2012
920 posts
296 upvotes
i havent played overcooked either. should i get overcooked 1 or just go directly to overcooked 2? would be great to play together with my kid
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Nov 9, 2016
159 posts
229 upvotes
Lloydminster
truesaiyan wrote: i havent played overcooked either. should i get overcooked 1 or just go directly to overcooked 2? would be great to play together with my kid
TBH, my 6 year old had lots of fun playing this, but it was extremely frustrating playing with him. It is better playing with a spouse that is fine with yelling at you and getting yelled at.
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
lleb13 wrote: New to me.. Is it worth getting the full overcooked 2 DLC package for an extra 16$?
If you and your family/friends love chaotic games then it is a must buy. It's the game we play once every 3 hangouts or so.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)