Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

Overcooked All You Can Eat Nintendo Switch Digital - $36.39

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2021 5:04 pm
Sep 23, 2018
225 posts
195 upvotes
tiamat wrote: I've never played before but I am interested. What do people recommend between:

Overcooked 1 - $6.69
Overcooked 2 - $13.99
Overcooked All You Can Eat - $36.39
Played through both with my wife who is very much not a gamer and struggles with controllers.

1 is excellent and highly recommended but its much more difficult to complete. It takes efficiency and control of the characters to get enough stars to even finish the game let alone any kind of "completitionism"

2 is much more forgiving. It has more mechanics and more interesting levels but ultimately is a much easier game if you arn't trying to get every star. I was able to pick up the slack much easier in 2 then in 1.

They are both top notch couch coop games, as good as any in recent memory but as to which one to purchase it depends how competent your players are. I would get 1 over 2 if you are playing with people who are comfortable with a controller and skip 1 if your playing with "n00bz" :P

EDIT: The DLC's are all excellent and just add more of the same with a particular twist, there is enough new content to justify the cost but you arn't missing anything special without them. The original games are plenty long enough on their own.
Mar 25, 2007
48 posts
24 upvotes
Terrace
takitoes wrote: Played through both with my wife who is very much not a gamer and struggles with controllers.

1 is excellent and highly recommended but its much more difficult to complete. It takes efficiency and control of the characters to get enough stars to even finish the game let alone any kind of "completitionism"

2 is much more forgiving. It has more mechanics and more interesting levels but ultimately is a much easier game if you arn't trying to get every star. I was able to pick up the slack much easier in 2 then in 1.

They are both top notch couch coop games, as good as any in recent memory but as to which one to purchase it depends how competent your players are. I would get 1 over 2 if you are playing with people who are comfortable with a controller and skip 1 if your playing with "n00bz" :P

EDIT: The DLC's are all excellent and just add more of the same with a particular twist, there is enough new content to justify the cost but you arn't missing anything special without them. The original games are plenty long enough on their own.
Fantastic reply. Exactly the information I was looking for. Ended up buying Overcooked 2
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2643 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tonylaranjo wrote: Hey the online gameplay only works against other people who also have the All You Can Eat version. Overcooked 1 was couch co-op only in the original version so can only play online with friends in this one. The sale goes for 3 weeks yet, E3 is in 2 weeks I’m guessing there could be a physical sale of it around then.
..but from the description All You Can Eat also includes Overcooked 2 so could you play against people that have the standalone overcooked 2?
Overcooked!, Overcooked! 2 and all additional content are blended together and remastered in this delicious definitive Edition!