• Aug 2nd, 2017 8:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2276 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone try getting it from sony store? The promo code can't be entered in anymore?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
norgos wrote: I absolutely love the vita and considered getting it, but I think I will hold out. I bought the 3DS when it first came out and within less than a year it dropped tremendously in price. Most of the time I wasn't even playing it that much because of a lack of games.

Even the ps3 at the moment lacks games and there is no doubt that it will be the same on the vita when it first comes out. The only game I am looking forward to is persona 4 - the golden so I'm going to wait it out.

I only been a PS3 owner for a month now and been enjoying it more than my 3 years of owning the 360. I don't know what hell you're talking about the PS3 lacking games. It has much more first party titles and are way more diverse than the 360 titles. And what 360 games are announce for 2012? Halo 4 only? Thought so.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5047 posts
1180 upvotes
London
wai_lai416 wrote: I'm not saying its cheap.. But ppl that say the sale will suck its overpriced etc etc.. How did the psp do? It started at 249.99 and hovered at 199.99 for the longest time.. It did pretty well.. I'm sure not too long in the future the psv will get jailbroken and will allow ppl to run home brew one day and I'll only drive the sales up.. It's the same with 3ds... Once there's a flash card that can run 3ds not just da games.. The system sales will go up. That's just how it is..
Look how poorly the Vita is doing in Japan. There's gotta be a reason for it. There's also different circumstances here. The PSP didn't have to compete with smartphones back then and it was Sony's first portable gaming system so there was a lot of hype. After the mediocre library of PSP games, PSP owners aren't exactly going to rush out and buy a Vita. And if a company needs their gaming system to be hackable in order to do well in hardware sales, they're going to be in trouble. They don't make money off hardware. Their profits come from selling games and accessories.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5047 posts
1180 upvotes
London
laststar wrote: I only been a PS3 owner for a month now and been enjoying it more than my 3 years of owning the 360. I don't know what hell you're talking about the PS3 lacking games. It has much more first party titles and are way more diverse than the 360 titles. And what 360 games are announce for 2012? Halo 4 only? Thought so.

He must be living in 2006. While his point might have been valid years ago when the PS3 first came out, the PS3 library has expanded since and is much more diverse than the 360's now. Halo 4 is pretty much the only big 360 exclusive title that is coming out this year while the PS3 has games like Twisted Metal, Last Guardian, The Last of Us, Tales of Graces, Ni No Kuni, Sly Cooper, MLB: The Show. Even in 2011, when all the 360 had was Gears of War 3 and Forza 4, the PS3 had a ton of exclusives that would take me too long to list.
Jul 28, 2010
52 posts
7 upvotes
I adopted the 3ds on day1, just for SSFIV.. After thousands and thousands of games of ssfiv, I feel I got my moneys worth..

Vita is giving us sf vs tekken, and ultimate mvc3 ..

Frankly, UMVC3 is well worth it just for the portability.. That being said, I'm holding off for a price drop :[
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6198 posts
561 upvotes
Calgary
spham wrote: Look how poorly the Vita is doing in Japan. There's gotta be a reason for it. There's also different circumstances here. The PSP didn't have to compete with smartphones back then and it was Sony's first portable gaming system so there was a lot of hype. After the mediocre library of PSP games, PSP owners aren't exactly going to rush out and buy a Vita. And if a company needs their gaming system to be hackable in order to do well in hardware sales, they're going to be in trouble. They don't make money off hardware. Their profits come from selling games and accessories.

totally agree with that...sony has to sell the 'improved game library compared to psp'...and they have to do it fast before the system gets hacked (it will eventually) otherwise we will have another pspgo situation...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
I don't get how UMvC3 is the same price as the console version when all the other Vita games are $10-$30 cheaper than console games.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2276 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton
refraxion wrote: Anyone try getting it from sony store? The promo code can't be entered in anymore?

Anyone know if this is the case? I don't know where to put the code in.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2603 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
laststar wrote: I don't get how UMvC3 is the same price as the console version when all the other Vita games are $10-$30 cheaper than console games.

UMVC is a discounted game from MvC3 which was $59.99 at the time. Even for the vita $39.99 is good price as it it pretty much on par with the console version. In terms of quality and value should it be $29.99 like little deviants and mod nation? I don't think so
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6413 posts
1201 upvotes
Mississauga

official first edition unboxing confirms little deviants will be a physical copy :D
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2603 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Longobongo wrote:

official first edition unboxing confirms little deviants will be a physical copy :D

This video was already posted, but good for those who are jus looking into the forum :)
Feb 4, 2012
96 posts
1 upvote
CHÂTEAUGUAY
laststar wrote: I don't get how UMvC3 is the same price as the console version when all the other Vita games are $10-$30 cheaper than console games.
fatal15 wrote: UMVC is a discounted game from MvC3 which was $59.99 at the time. Even for the vita $39.99 is good price as it it pretty much on par with the console version. In terms of quality and value should it be $29.99 like little deviants and mod nation? I don't think so

I don't mind paying 39.99 for UMvC3 since i was looking forward to buying it as soon as the vita came out. As for the console version ill get the old MvC3 which is $15 used and 20 new. And graphics wise it does look like its on par with the console version so that's something i will definitely enjoy on the go. :D
For me im still in the debate with Wipeout and Ridge Racer. :confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2603 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Aj333x wrote: I don't mind paying 39.99 for UMvC3 since i was looking forward to buying it as soon as the vita came out. As for the console version ill get the old MvC3 which is $15 used and 20 new. And graphics wise it does look like its on par with the console version so that's something i will definitely enjoy on the go. :D
For me im still in the debate with Wipeout and Ridge Racer. :confused:

RIDGE RACER!!!!!!! Joke I would get wipeout. Im actually in debate if I should get UMvC3 or Blazblue. Never played blazblue game before and I heard the story mode really good. Hmm guess I wont know til the reviews are out.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
1701 posts
184 upvotes
laststar wrote: I only been a PS3 owner for a month now and been enjoying it more than my 3 years of owning the 360. I don't know what hell you're talking about the PS3 lacking games. It has much more first party titles and are way more diverse than the 360 titles. And what 360 games are announce for 2012? Halo 4 only? Thought so.

Wow. I just mistakenly phrased it wrong and people are insanely offended already that they need to resort to insults.

I meant to say when the PS3 first came out there wasn't much games and it will be the same with the Vita (and I'm talking Vita only games, store doesn't count).

Chillax.
RFD Damage since August '08 = lost track
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10513 posts
1944 upvotes
norgos wrote: Wow. I just mistakenly phrased it wrong and people are insanely offended already that they need to resort to insults.

I meant to say when the PS3 first came out there wasn't much games and it will be the same with the Vita (and I'm talking Vita only games, store doesn't count).

Chillax.

pretty much true with every console ever released. I don't get the point.
Jul 12, 2009
129 posts
7 upvotes
spham wrote: Look how poorly the Vita is doing in Japan. There's gotta be a reason for it. There's also different circumstances here. The PSP didn't have to compete with smartphones back then and it was Sony's first portable gaming system so there was a lot of hype. After the mediocre library of PSP games, PSP owners aren't exactly going to rush out and buy a Vita. And if a company needs their gaming system to be hackable in order to do well in hardware sales, they're going to be in trouble. They don't make money off hardware. Their profits come from selling games and accessories.
The Vita is doing poor in Japan, I think, because the Vita launch line up (as well as confirmed titles) are more suited for the North American market. The flag ship title is Uncharted which I don't think is nearly as popular in Japan. I don't understand this whole smartphone debate. Most people that would think about a Vita or 3ds are core gamers. A smartphone isn't going to deture them from buying a handheld. Iit's going to be difficult for Sony and Nintendo to convince someone who ONLY plays angry birds on the their phone to pick up a handheld. The majority of the people playing $1 games on their phone are content with that. The big issue is attracting people who play consoles to play the Vita. I think if the Vita produces enough AAA quality big name franchise games (Assassins creed, bioshock, call of duty, god of war, uncharted etc) it will do well.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
1701 posts
184 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: pretty much true with every console ever released. I don't get the point.

The point is that you would only get the console at launch if there is a game that you've been anticipating that's exclusive to that console.
RFD Damage since August '08 = lost track
Feb 4, 2012
96 posts
1 upvote
CHÂTEAUGUAY
Vallum wrote: The Vita is doing poor in Japan, I think, because the Vita launch line up (as well as confirmed titles) are more suited for the North American market. The flag ship title is Uncharted which I don't think is nearly as popular in Japan. I don't understand this whole smartphone debate. Most people that would think about a Vita or 3ds are core gamers. A smartphone isn't going to deture them from buying a handheld. Iit's going to be difficult for Sony and Nintendo to convince someone who ONLY plays angry birds on the their phone to pick up a handheld. The majority of the people playing $1 games on their phone are content with that. The big issue is attracting people who play consoles to play the Vita. I think if the Vita produces enough AAA quality big name franchise games (Assassins creed, bioshock, call of duty, god of war, uncharted etc) it will do well.

I so agree with that. And what confuses me is that people are complaining about the price but there are smartphones out there that will cost you well over $500 - $600 but i don't hear them complaining.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10513 posts
1944 upvotes
norgos wrote: The point is that you would only get the console at launch if there is a game that you've been anticipating that's exclusive to that console.

at least to me, Uncharted.