[Nintendo] SEGA Spring Sale on Switch eShop

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 7:48 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
Skilas wrote: Got a quick summary of that series? Not necessarily plot. But used to be on PSP, right? Are they all connected? Does it matter jumping straight into 4?
I have never played this series before but I have watched the anime adaption a long time ago. Afaik they are not connected at all but the story setting is quite similar. The gameplay is tactical and real-time shooting from youtube, but also heavily story-driven like other JRPGs. I'm more into ARPG or turn-based RPG like Tales, Digimon or Kiseki series but I think I will give this a try.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2241 posts
1158 upvotes
douber wrote: Just so you know, the input lag's been dealt with in an update. Those reviews are to be ignored.
Are you sure? There’s a thread right now on Reddit saying there is still input lag and the game is unplayable.
Nov 7, 2017
70 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP!! Been waiting for a sale for Sonic Mania after watching the movie.
Koodo 39$/10GB
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1830 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
lbmeyer wrote: Thanks for the list. While not Sega, Lumines (old classic music puzzler) is also on sale at 50% off ($9.44)

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/de ... ed-switch/
Amazing puzzle/music game, definitely worth $10. I used to play it on my psp and bought the physical release of it on switch. So easy to lose track of time playing it. Highly recommended.
Feb 28, 2006
158 posts
99 upvotes
Skilas wrote: Got a quick summary of that series? Not necessarily plot. But used to be on PSP, right? Are they all connected? Does it matter jumping straight into 4?
Why don't you play the first one first? It's still a great game, and it's available and on sale.

I think most people (myself included) are on the same boat for the 4th one, as #2 and #3 are on PSP and most haven't played it.
Dec 20, 2012
577 posts
380 upvotes
Surrey
kwanyeung20 wrote: I have never played this series before but I have watched the anime adaption a long time ago. Afaik they are not connected at all but the story setting is quite similar. The gameplay is tactical and real-time shooting from youtube, but also heavily story-driven like other JRPGs. I'm more into ARPG or turn-based RPG like Tales, Digimon or Kiseki series but I think I will give this a try.
Imo, the anime kinda sucked. The main male character was kind of useless, and the female mc was annoying. The only thing that kinda stood out for me in that anime was the particular sad moment, if you know what I mean.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1875 posts
208 upvotes
NB
grego9198 wrote: Amazing puzzle/music game, definitely worth $10. I used to play it on my psp and bought the physical release of it on switch. So easy to lose track of time playing it. Highly recommended.
Does anyone know how this one compares to the Lumines that released on the PS Vita? I think it’s called Lumines Electric Symphony.

TIA
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7842 posts
4068 upvotes
Toronto
Virtual racing has 8-player splitscreen so a good one to buy for a future party, goes best with a big TV or projector obviously.
Images
  • 07561230-C23C-4123-A8D8-DDA772C98050.jpeg
Apr 5, 2005
242 posts
282 upvotes
Dartmouth
whoa-albert wrote: Are you sure? There’s a thread right now on Reddit saying there is still input lag and the game is unplayable.
I can confirm that the input leg is negligible and the stuff on reddit is a load of hyperbole. The games play just fine, and are nearly on par with the Genesis mini.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
henrik112 wrote: Imo, the anime kinda sucked. The main male character was kind of useless, and the female mc was annoying. The only thing that kinda stood out for me in that anime was the particular sad moment, if you know what I mean.
i regret watching the anime because of those sad moments, i dont know if you can prevent them from happening in the game but it's sad to see my favourite character didn't make it. Crying Face I get what you mean though, later in the anime the female MC just did all the jobs and without her, we cannot do anything. Face With Tears Of Joy If the game is also like this I probably wont be playing it Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3955 posts
688 upvotes
Windsor
Colin0317 wrote: Does anyone know how this one compares to the Lumines that released on the PS Vita? I think it’s called Lumines Electric Symphony.

TIA
Very similar - different mechanics though since the Vita version requires you to keep tapping the back touchpad, none of that on Switch obviously.... Worth owning both I would say, but I think I still prefer the Vita version.
Feb 22, 2010
277 posts
185 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Are you sure? There’s a thread right now on Reddit saying there is still input lag and the game is unplayable.
Oh. From my experience, it has been corrected, which is the general opinion if you look at critics and forums (almost everyone writes about perfect-timing and emulator).

If some players still experience the input lag, it could be hardware-specific? I just thought it had been corrected for good. Thanks for the input.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3197 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Virtual racing has 8-player splitscreen so a good one to buy for a future party, goes best with a big TV or projector obviously.
But can we play 8 player split screen on the switch without the tv?