Hot Deals

[Nintendo] SEGA Spring Sale on Switch eShop

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 7:48 pm
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
143 posts
147 upvotes
TORONTO
almost just grabbed Sonic Team Racing as i've been wanting that for a while, but I saw Crash Team Racing is on sale for $27.99 as well so I grabbed that one.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3955 posts
688 upvotes
Windsor
Cowboy905 wrote: almost just grabbed Sonic Team Racing as i've been wanting that for a while, but I saw Crash Team Racing is on sale for $27.99 as well so I grabbed that one.
Which is better?
Member
Mar 13, 2010
410 posts
109 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Anyone got Sega Genesis Classics? Looks like good price at $16 for over 50 games, reviews look good too
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
143 posts
147 upvotes
TORONTO
G77 wrote: Which is better?
I haven't played the Sonic one. I played the original Sonic one on PS3 and LOVED IT. it totally satisfied the karting itch. I just read some comparison sites and it seemed generally they were pretty much on par except Sonic has some sort of team racing component that Crash doesn't have and Crash has 31 courses and Sonic has 21. Realistically, in the end, i'll probably have both.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
7830 posts
4040 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: But can we play 8 player split screen on the switch without the tv?
If you want to torture your eyeballs, yes
Images
  • 85.jpeg
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 17, 2008
524 posts
389 upvotes
Picked up outrun and virtual racing.

Love outrun on the switch, it's an awesome port with great music and runs perfectly.

Virtual racing is crazy good. It's running 60fps docked or on the go. Lot of features and you can play local or online upto 8 players. Crazy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
wow just realized Shining Resonance Refrain in Mexico eshop is only $13 as opposed to Canada eshop $26
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 3, 2013
18 posts
18 upvotes
canada
d_bomb_23 wrote: Anyone got Sega Genesis Classics? Looks like good price at $16 for over 50 games, reviews look good too
I'm considering this too. I'm working with some seriously limited funds at the moment, though... will probably leave this for the next sale or two
Every time I buy these collections I never play them, at least not since the PS2 one. Shit, I even have that mini Genesis that came out last year! Barely played that

Any opinions on Sonic Mania for someone that hasn't really played the games since the mid-90s?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5931 posts
1722 upvotes
Scarborough
kwanyeung20 wrote: I have never played this series before but I have watched the anime adaption a long time ago. Afaik they are not connected at all but the story setting is quite similar. The gameplay is tactical and real-time shooting from youtube, but also heavily story-driven like other JRPGs. I'm more into ARPG or turn-based RPG like Tales, Digimon or Kiseki series but I think I will give this a try.
It's turn based but there's action involved in the steps. Each turn you control a character and go into 3rd person shooter mode and aim at potential enemies while getting shot in real time. It's pretty fun and mixes tactics + action
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
143 posts
147 upvotes
TORONTO
314mgx wrote: I'm considering this too. I'm working with some seriously limited funds at the moment, though... will probably leave this for the next sale or two
Every time I buy these collections I never play them, at least not since the PS2 one. Shit, I even have that mini Genesis that came out last year! Barely played that

Any opinions on Sonic Mania for someone that hasn't really played the games since the mid-90s?
Sonic Mania is incredile. It's new but pure retro. Runs well, tons of fun, no new gimmicks
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2012
577 posts
380 upvotes
Surrey
Sonic Mania is probably the only must have title from this list imo
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2009
119 posts
43 upvotes
SJSR
d_bomb_23 wrote: Anyone got Sega Genesis Classics? Looks like good price at $16 for over 50 games, reviews look good too
Bought it. Haven't noticed input lag. However, while playing most of the games, there was a "fast loading" giant icon appearing center-screen each 3-5 seconds, wich stays on on about 1 second each time (i.e. pauses the game). So annoying, especially while playing a fast game like Sonic the Hedgehog. I have tried every options in the menu, to no avail.

I don't know if it's a problem with my Switch (all other games are fine). Maybe it's because it's running from the SD card? Anyway, asked Nintendo to get a refund.
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2011
959 posts
281 upvotes
Brandon
kwanyeung20 wrote: wow just realized Shining Resonance Refrain in Mexico eshop is only $13 as opposed to Canada eshop $26
Can you buy from the Mexico Eshop? Inquiring minds want to know...

Top