485 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary

Refurbished Nintendo Switch Dock $50.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Nintendo Store
Good price on the Nintendo Switch Dock. Refurbished straight from Nintendo.

Edit: no AC adapter which maybe a concern for some people. I have two since I use one for travel.
Last edited by while[1];do;done on Aug 5th, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
32 replies
Aug 21, 2011
279 posts
35 upvotes
I'm assuming you saw a post on reddit about this.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10443 posts
6951 upvotes
#Cancer_And_Reproductive_Harm

I'm going to read up on this...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6702 posts
3072 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Wow not bad. Bought a 3rd party dock from an auction (was cheap) and havent tried it yet. Didn't know if I wanted to try it after reading online about some that can brick your switch... or if its not true.

Might grab this one and im sure to be ok :)
Mar 19, 2015
365 posts
494 upvotes
while[1];do;done wrote: Good price on the Nintendo Switch Dock. Refurbished straight from Nintendo.
Heads up, doesn't come with the AC adapter.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6702 posts
3072 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Nypheral wrote: Heads up, doesn't come with the AC adapter.
Thanks for the info. The extra dock I have is the surge traveldock. They seem to sell them at thesource, walmart etc... but not a lot of reviews. I got it at a local auction for like 5$ and it was new but haven't tried it yet. I was reading online that some dock can break your switch but all the info is from 2018 and couldn't find anything recent. I would think since walmart, thesource and amazon sells it that it would be ok to use.

The other one I was thinking is the insignia dock.

But anyone here have the surge traveldock?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4325 posts
1678 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
chatbox wrote: #Cancer_And_Reproductive_Harm

I'm going to read up on this...
Thanks to the State of California, we know not to rub this against our reproductive organs.
Sep 2, 2009
250 posts
104 upvotes
Ontario
Sejad wrote: What???
The product page has a warning image + link:

"Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm."

If Californians could label the Sun with this, they probably would.

On another note, I thought this was expensive for a refurb until I saw it was about $100 for a new one...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2126 posts
835 upvotes
Montréal, QC
No AC adapter :(
[OP]
Sep 4, 2009
485 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary
Updated to mention no AC adapter.

If anyone wants to have two and one they plan for portability/travel, I recommend a portable dock replacement case like this one:

BASSTOP Portable Dock Replacement Case for Nintendo Switch (Only The case, You Have to DIY with The Circuit Board chip from The Original Dock) (Black) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071YVC3NJ/ref ... rDbN0APK7W
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1835 posts
285 upvotes
North York
nounou23 wrote:
The other one I was thinking is the insignia dock.
Have been using this one for over a year. Works great as a travel one due to its size. Also use in the bedroom while I'll leave the OEM one in the living room.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7314 posts
3817 upvotes
Montreal
Shipping Method
Standard
4-11 Business days
$7
Dec 24, 2018
543 posts
543 upvotes
Canada
TickTockzzz wrote: The product page has a warning image + link:

"Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm."

If Californians could label the Sun with this, they probably would.

On another note, I thought this was expensive for a refurb until I saw it was about $100 for a new one...
I thought the Sun was already labelled that by Californians? Last time I checked living in California causes that too.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4816 posts
3355 upvotes
$77 total for the refurbished dock and AC adapter.

Let's design our product to not follow the usb c power delivery standard so 3rd party accessories will brick it.

@#+& *$$ Nintendo.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35334 posts
4387 upvotes
Winnipeg
WL1980 wrote: $77 total for the refurbished dock and AC adapter.

Let's design our product to not follow the usb c power delivery standard so 3rd party accessories will brick it.

@#+& *$$ Nintendo.
Sony does it too with their memory stick, and Apple is even worse
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6711 posts
1292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
WL1980 wrote: $77 total for the refurbished dock and AC adapter.

@#+& *$$ Nintendo.
Stop spreading this misinformation please.

Switch does have the proper USB-PD chip and controller. What happened was that Nyko cut corners and did not put in the proper USB-PD controller, which would send too much voltage to the Switch and would brick it. This is why other docks like the Insignia did not have any problems.

In order words, blame Nyko instead of Nintendo, and always use properly certified USB-PD adapters/cables.

Explained very well here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... ck_switch/
There's a sucker born every minute.