Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Nintendo Switch Lite - Dialga & Palkia Special Edition (Pre-Order) - $259.99 + $6.99 shipping = $266.98+tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2021 2:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1977 posts
2361 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: You are showing me a Japan (not USA/CAN) console and a used console. You are kinda proving my point on the resale value of this console, as used being worth more than msrp new. You obviously saw and ignored the ~$500 console when you looked for those.
Back to bed, thanks for wasting my time again.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Switch ... 36-26712-0

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Switch ... 632-2357-0

Back to sleep to pull more numbers out of your dreams?

Just because items are posted for 500 does not mean they are worth that much
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1470 posts
3312 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Switch ... 36-26712-0

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Switch ... 632-2357-0

Back to sleep to pull more numbers out of your dreams?

Just because items are posted for 500 does not mean they are worth that much
One is a bid, one is far, far, far more expensive than retail price. You just proved my point ONCE again! Well thanks for helping everyone understand that they gain value and that I was right :)
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1977 posts
2361 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: One is a bid, one is far, far, far more expensive than retail price. You just proved my point ONCE again! Well thanks for helping everyone understand that they gain value and that I was right :)
Nothing I have posted has proven you right. You said they were selling for 500. I have given tons of examples of them going for cheaper.
Mar 9, 2009
611 posts
499 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: Nothing I have posted has proven you right. You said they were selling for 500. I have given tons of examples of them going for cheaper.
Agree. I don’t think the resale value is that high. I just did a quick Kijiji search and found 2 local for $300 each, mint condition, and accessories. And that is the asking price only. So the selling price will be a bit lower as well.
Nov 24, 2020
102 posts
47 upvotes
Never owned a switch only previous handhelds from nintendo and resale value should be fine. Been meaning to get one for the upcoming game and others, thanks.
Jul 3, 2006
126 posts
74 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: Nothing I have posted has proven you right. You said they were selling for 500. I have given tons of examples of them going for cheaper.
If you guys are talking/debating the eBay Brand New non-PAL version, why don't you just literally look at the actual recent sold data? Looks like it's about $450-550 CAD. For the from US sales don't forgot to add the 60-70 for import charges:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=004 ... &LH_Sold=1
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23783 posts
8555 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: The goal is to buy a bunch because pokemon = value increase. The Lite Zacian edition is worth 500$ on ebay right now, and used it's still worth more than a regular lite. So you buy the special edition so you can resell it at full value later, or you buy a bunch to profit in a few years ;)
"Years"...as you get older, you realize you no longer have that option of looking forward to something in 5, 10 or 20 years. I just turned 65...holding onto things for years is no longer an option. Besides, I have too much stuff collected over the years now, much of which I have to figure out how to get rid of...and no, not with the junk hauling places that turn around and just sell your stuff on eBay...
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2053 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: "Years"...as you get older, you realize you no longer have that option of looking forward to something in 5, 10 or 20 years. I just turned 65...holding onto things for years is no longer an option. Besides, I have too much stuff collected over the years now, much of which I have to figure out how to get rid of...and no, not with the junk hauling places that turn around and just sell your stuff on eBay...
Sounds like you just found yourself a new part time job ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23783 posts
8555 upvotes
grego9198 wrote: Sounds like you just found yourself a new part time job ;)
I used to do eBay for 20 years but gave up on it. Had 500 positives and no negatives. But eBay was taking money out of your pocket BEFORE you even sold anything, so I gave it up. Went back to work 3 years ago to make some real money without all those hassles, but I can't do what I do forever either, so I have to think of what I want to do in the next year or two at most. 5 years is out of the question...
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4529 posts
4893 upvotes
Whitby
wait for new one. value of switches about to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1470 posts
3312 upvotes
DougO wrote: I used to do eBay for 20 years but gave up on it. Had 500 positives and no negatives. But eBay was taking money out of your pocket BEFORE you even sold anything, so I gave it up. Went back to work 3 years ago to make some real money without all those hassles, but I can't do what I do forever either, so I have to think of what I want to do in the next year or two at most. 5 years is out of the question...
I did ebay for years before quitting my job. But now doing ebay is not enough, you need to do amazon as well.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
grego9198 wrote: I’m sure this will be collectible down the road, but they really could’ve done more than just slap two pokemon on the back.
Yeah, they really went all out on this one. Face With Tears Of Joy

Silk-screening graphics on a black Switch seems to be the current trend for (cough) Special Editions, but even the Monster Hunter one was better than this.

But yes, this will be infinitely collectible by Nintendo fans.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
May 7, 2021
96 posts
140 upvotes
Pre-orders are available at EB Games. You can just call them or visit them in-store.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I feel like they should have made this one a full-size Switch after the Sword/Shield version was also a Switch Lite, but I guess going with another Switch Lite makes sense because a) Pokemon's always been designed to be portable b) there hasn't been a special edition Switch Lite in awhile (I think the Sword/Shield one is legit the last one?) and c) this has far less chances of cannibalizing the Switch OLED sales.
JackWhyte wrote: Silk-screening graphics on a black Switch seems to be the current trend for (cough) Special Editions, but even the Monster Hunter one was better than this.
This one is specifically designed to be a call-back to the original Diamond/Pearl special edition DS Lite that was released. It even uses the exact same graphic of Palkia and Dialga.

Feb 7, 2015
119 posts
122 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
meh, pass.

im in the market for a switch lite, but not too impressed with this pokemon edition.

gonna wait for a zelda/mario themed one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)