• Jan 13th, 2024 6:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1873 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: Are you getting dlc and fixes/updates/patches confused?

Because from what I've been reading is that as long as it's a backup of your own physical cart, you can still get updates and dlc, but again not too much is known about this device. Like I said I'll mod any switch or other console I own with hardware and nothing else.
Same thing🤷

Incoming DLC and patches make flash carts kinda redundant. No one in their right mind would bother with flash carts having these factored in.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
tinlun wrote: Same thing🤷

Incoming DLC and patches make flash carts kinda redundant. No one in their right mind would bother with flash carts having these factored in.
I wouldn't consider them the same thing, DLC is usually content that is additional to the original game and is purchased, updates/patches are not.

Again, since you are ignoring the original point, this "flashcart" is meant for backing up your own and only your own carts. From what that team is saying (which is likely Xecuter) is that if you are backing up and playing your OWN carts, updates and DLC still work.

I don't think the flashcart is going to last long, especially now that their cart dumping device has no release date and is no longer included with it like it was originally planned. But I'm sure some people also won't care about getting banned from an online service or anything. It is very clear to me at least now that this cart is really only useful for those who have a decent sized game library (of physical copies) who want to preserve or travel alot and don't want to bring those with them (which is understandable). But for me, there is 0 sense to buy it when I have the skill to install a chip and be done with it.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3487 upvotes
Victoria
XtremeModder wrote: I wouldn't consider them the same thing, DLC is usually content that is additional to the original game and is purchased, updates/patches are not.

Again, since you are ignoring the original point, this "flashcart" is meant for backing up your own and only your own carts. From what that team is saying (which is likely Xecuter) is that if you are backing up and playing your OWN carts, updates and DLC still work.

I don't think the flashcart is going to last long, especially now that their cart dumping device has no release date and is no longer included with it like it was originally planned. But I'm sure some people also won't care about getting banned from an online service or anything. It is very clear to me at least now that this cart is really only useful for those who have a decent sized game library (of physical copies) who want to preserve or travel alot and don't want to bring those with them (which is understandable). But for me, there is 0 sense to buy it when I have the skill to install a chip and be done with it.
Just to point it out, any mod chip or way to play backups on a game console, is always said for making personal backups only. I think it helps keep the law off their backs. They don't generally advertise; use our device, you can pirate all the games you want! :
)
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
zod wrote: Just to point it out, any mod chip or way to play backups on a game console, is always said for making personal backups only. I think it helps keep the law off their backs. They don't generally advertise; use our device, you can pirate all the games you want! :
)
Right. You know a modded switch can do quite a bit more than just play "backups"

While this MIG switch calls it a "backup and development" cart. They're lying saying a development cart since it cant run any code other than a 1:1 backup copy. So let's say your someone that knows what a modded switch can do, such as run android or Linux and that interests you (because like quite a few people I've seen, use programs to allow using a different controller) since now they can locally stream their PS5 to their Switch. I've tried it, wasn't for me but it worked perfectly fine.

Cant do any of that with the flash cart. But sure, development cart isn't false advertising at all.

I'm still kind of on the fence with this product. First they lied about it all being one package and only said sold separately after pre orders started.

Where I will say it's a good purchase is if you have alot of your own games and travel. For putting them on that and leaving your expensive physical copies at home, sure I'll say it's good. The problem is that this thing will likely get disabled real quick.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)