PC & Video Games

Nintendo Wifi 1 year shutdown celebration, playing online with wiimmfi

  • Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 12:04 pm
Tags:
None
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6822 posts
3131 upvotes
Canada
Or just play the new Mario Kart.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 9, 2003
17908 posts
925 upvotes
I wasnt even aware that they shut down their own service.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6822 posts
3131 upvotes
Canada
Super strokey wrote: I wasnt even aware that they shut down their own service.
Heh, no one noticed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6217 posts
2152 upvotes
calgary
Why would anyone play mario kart on wii?

It's literally the worst mario kart ever made. The one of WiiU is superior in every way.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: I wasnt even aware that they shut down their own service.
They didn't. It was run through Gamespy which was bought out and promptly shut down.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Why would anyone play mario kart on wii?

It's literally the worst mario kart ever made. The one of WiiU is superior in every way.
Yet Mario Kart 64 is still the most loved.

People like some old games more than the new ones, it happens.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2003
3251 posts
689 upvotes
Ottawa
I was all in a tizzy about the shutdown; I put in a lot of effort to get all the extra Pokemon I needed from pokegts.us and the unique content for Warioware DIY.
DiploDocus wrote: not me, just heads up 1 year celebrate playing on custom servers for Mario Kart Wii and Other games
I haven't been following this at all. Do you need to install new firmware on the Wii, or does everything work through Riivolution? Or can you simply do something to your wireless router?
SpicYMchaggis wrote: The one of WiiU is superior in every way.
Certainly not the Battle Mode, according to some.
http://www.wired.com/2014/05/mario-kart-8-wii-u/

"But Battle Mode has always sucked!" is the obvious response.
Newbie
User avatar
May 1, 2015
18 posts
2 upvotes
Jorpho wrote: I haven't been following this at all. Do you need to install new firmware on the Wii, or does everything work through Riivolution? Or can you simply do something to your wireless router?
You can patch the game to point to the wiimmfi custom servers http://wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/Wiimmfi_%28en%29/Patcher

Or if you use a newer version of USB Loader Gx there's an option to enable wimmfi built in https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95z ... 8l4qn0aa1h

Top