• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2006 12:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2040 posts
26 upvotes
24 things you must know about the ps3, seems to be pretty unbiased.
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cf ... ewsID=6408

Now explain this:
The Sixaxis gets roughly 30 hours of battery life

Though there doesn't seem to be a way to swap out the battery once it's been exhausted. Oh, well -- we officially entered the age of "disposable technology" with the iPod anyway.

A new controller will set you back 50 beans

Sony confirmed this bit of news in their Gamers Day '06 presentation. The price is roughly in line with the Xbox 360's wireless controller, though in the case of the PlayStation 3, there's only one version of the controller.

So ASSUMING Sony gives you free replacement battery, half the time, your controller will be in transit? So how many controllers do you need to have to ensure constant gaming and to have something to play while one of your batteries are getting swapped at SONY
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3692 posts
273 upvotes
BaconMunch wrote: 24 things you must know about the ps3, seems to be pretty unbiased.
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cf ... ewsID=6408

Now explain this:
The Sixaxis gets roughly 30 hours of battery life

Though there doesn't seem to be a way to swap out the battery once it's been exhausted. Oh, well -- we officially entered the age of "disposable technology" with the iPod anyway.

A new controller will set you back 50 beans

Sony confirmed this bit of news in their Gamers Day '06 presentation. The price is roughly in line with the Xbox 360's wireless controller, though in the case of the PlayStation 3, there's only one version of the controller.

So ASSUMING Sony gives you free replacement battery, half the time, your controller will be in transit? So how many controllers do you need to have to ensure constant gaming and to have something to play while one of your batteries are getting swapped at SONY

There is no way that they made a controller without a replaceable or rechargable battery and only a 30 hour life on it.
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Sep 28, 2003
334 posts
37 upvotes
Could it be a rechargeable controller that has 30 hours of life? Then when the battery wears out, it's not replaceable?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2040 posts
26 upvotes
Sarc wrote: Could it be a rechargeable controller that has 30 hours of life? Then when the battery wears out, it's not replaceable?
Yea that's my understanding, you play for 30 hours, then you recharge it via USB. I'm assuming there has to be a USB plugin for the remote, but while it's charging (depending on recharge time), you can't really play it since I doubt the cable will be long enough, so either you wait or have another controller handy. After x amount of playtime, recharges, you send it in to sony and they send you a refurb? Then they take the controller apart, replace the battery and send it out as a refurb again and all this for a service fee/shipping.
Oct 15, 2005
810 posts
4 upvotes
there are going to be many threads and websites made by angry customers whose controllers are faulty or ran out of juice

sony is going to have a hard time replacing the huge number of controllers being shipped to them
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6267 posts
106 upvotes
[quote="bleeet" post_id="4058279" time="1161621026" user_id="31672"]there are going to be many threads and websites made by angry customers whose controllers are faulty or ran out of juice

sony is going to have a hard time replacing the huge number of controllers being shipped to them
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1741 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
mart242 wrote: You can recharge a ni-mh battery +1000 times... I don't see why people make such a big deal of that!
It's not a big deal, unless you factor in the used controller market, or the fact that when they do die in a few years, there is no way of replacing it. It's no different than iPods I guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3362 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
better it die than explode in your hands :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
3370 posts
343 upvotes
Brisbane
erikm5150 wrote: +100000

yeah man, TEKKEN is the reason the get the ps3
$680 game? Sounds like a deal and a half. Post it in the Hot Deals forum along with links and number of remaining units, oh wait... that's zero.

sorry, had to point out the obvious with some sarcasm. price = system + game.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
93 upvotes
Hamilton
Hi..I have a question about the Wii system....

I was going to pre-order it from Zellers,,but the clerk said i HAD to buy the 2 games it comes with paid in full on the spot. I specificly wanted the "zelda" game..& neither one of the two games it comes with. :mad:

Can i buy the wii system by itself?? & buy the zelda game seperatly?
Im confused... :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6267 posts
106 upvotes
sonic wrote: Can i buy the wii system by itself?? & buy the zelda game seperatly?

No, just buy the combo with 2 games and buy zelda later. :) You might also be able to return the 2 games for a refund if you don't want them but they look pretty good based on previews.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
sonic wrote: Hi..I have a question about the Wii system....

I was going to pre-order it from Zellers,,but the clerk said i HAD to buy the 2 games it comes with paid in full on the spot. I specificly wanted the "zelda" game..& neither one of the two games it comes with. :mad:

Can i buy the wii system by itself?? & buy the zelda game seperatly?

You only need to purchase the 2 games if you pre-order from Zellers. No other store forced game sales for a pre-order (although every other store sold out of pre-orders within a few hours). Once the system is actually released Zellers will almost certainly stop this practice (unless they don't want to actually sell any units).
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD