Nissan 2022 Qashqai

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2021 1:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2019
72 posts
63 upvotes

Nissan 2022 Qashqai

I'm in love with the look of the Nissan 2022 Qashqai! For under 30k with taxes, this seems like the best looking compact SUV on the market. I spoke to a representative at the dealership and they said this won't arrive in Canada until January 2022 since its made in Japan and not the US. Initially I was looking at the Hyundai Venue and I came across reports of engine/car fires with Kia/Hyundai. This 2022 Qashqai will be a better alternative. I'm mainly interested in this as a future family car for our first new born.

18 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18727 posts
2452 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm surprised how much I love the new Infiniti QX55, especially their Q60 Coupe. The only problem is once again their INTERIOR! FFS!!

Why is the new Rogue and now this is more, premium like?!?

Not that I can afford the GT-R anytime soon and don't me this nonsense how it's all about performance, etc. I'm not dropping that kind of money for a 2000's like Altima interior.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1023 posts
1183 upvotes
Canada
Good thing they didnt do the obvious split headlight design, enough of those. I like how the boomerang shape LED is connected to the headlight below forming a one big V-shaped headlight.
Jul 29, 2019
587 posts
444 upvotes
As I start seeing the new Rogue on the roads, I started to not like the front end. This boomerang headlight, also seen on the new Pathfinder, is a much better implementation. I would guess the Qashqai has more space than the Hyundai Venue.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16716 posts
15138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Venue is disgusting. I can't believe people are actually buying it. This looks way better.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2020
1340 posts
1273 upvotes
Clarington, ON
EP32k2 wrote: Venue is disgusting. I can't believe people are actually buying it. This looks way better.
17 grand base. You can throw it out every 5 years and not care.
May 3, 2010
241 posts
99 upvotes
Brampton
EP32k2 wrote: Venue is disgusting. I can't believe people are actually buying it. This looks way better.
It is actually good and efficient if you don’t care about driving.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3966 posts
1064 upvotes
Brampton
Is the 2022 still available with a manual?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2700 posts
1995 upvotes
Markham
prod wrote: Is the 2022 still available with a manual?
There is a 6-speed manual available for this model but no idea whether this is just for the Europeans. In North America, a CUV with a manual transmission is probably rarer than exotic cars.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16716 posts
15138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KevinM56081 wrote: 17 grand base. You can throw it out every 5 years and not care.
Would rather buy RFDs favourite. A used Corolla.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2020
1340 posts
1273 upvotes
Clarington, ON
EP32k2 wrote: Would rather buy RFDs favourite. A used Corolla.
Are you a true RFD'er... Have you analyzed your cost per square inch of shit ticket?

Also... Not against you. Some people have the new/warranty mentality.
Sep 25, 2018
853 posts
1574 upvotes
JeganV wrote: There is a 6-speed manual available for this model but no idea whether this is just for the Europeans. In North America, a CUV with a manual transmission is probably rarer than exotic cars.
What do you know, the Hyundai Venue base trim is actually 6sp manual.
[OP]
Jun 9, 2019
72 posts
63 upvotes
You know what's truly mind blowing? The 2022 Qashqai has a massage feature in the higher trim with leather seats!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2020
1340 posts
1273 upvotes
Clarington, ON
21mClub wrote: You know what's truly mind blowing? The 2022 Qashqai has a massage feature in the higher trim with leather seats!
That thoroughly rubs me the wrong way in a car. I'd be asleep in no time.
Feb 9, 2008
792 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke
JeganV wrote: There is a 6-speed manual available for this model but no idea whether this is just for the Europeans. In North America, a CUV with a manual transmission is probably rarer than exotic cars.
The current generation of Qashqai's come in manual in Canada, but I think it's only available in FWD and base trim. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 2022 carry the same option. Would love to see this thing come in AWD and a manual. (Or at least a 7-speed auto. The CVTs just don't do it for me.)
Feb 13, 2021
73 posts
57 upvotes
Honestly, it makes me wonder why anyone would not pick the manual. An automatic CUV is equivalent to a bus pass anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6757 posts
5529 upvotes
Notsojdmgc4 wrote: Honestly, it makes me wonder why anyone would not pick the manual. An automatic CUV is equivalent to a bus pass anyways.
It's like along the line that everyone on RFD recommends minivan but everyone buys shitty 3 row SUV with 2 useless seats anyway.

And manual trans and CUV demographic is pretty much mutually exclusive isn't it?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15918 posts
2549 upvotes
21mClub wrote: You know what's truly mind blowing? The 2022 Qashqai has a massage feature in the higher trim with leather seats!
KevinM56081 wrote: That thoroughly rubs me the wrong way in a car. I'd be asleep in no time.
I see what you did there.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1840 posts
1052 upvotes
Durham
I get scared when I see one. Wheels are so tiny, it looks like a roll over waiting to happen