[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3030 posts
1065 upvotes
North York

Nissan Owners: Question about front detection

Hey,

Bought a Nissan Kicks on Friday, whole process had been a nightmare to be honest.

Driving it today for the third day, it was light raining on the highway. During the drive, once on the way to my destination, once on the way home, an error message popped up saying the front detection was disabled and both times lasted 3-5 minutes.

I assumed it was the rain, but I googled it and it seemed like there were some issues with other models with this error.

I emailed dealer and they said it’s normal in heavy rain and when you hit pot holes (don’t think I hit any today). They told me to keep an eye on it.

Just wondering others experience and if this is destined to be yet another problem I’m having with this purchase.

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
I have a 2018 LEAF with the same issues. It's very common. I found it bad in the winter but improved greatly after snow was gone. All it means is that front detection is disabled - cars without this feature it's always disabled! Lol. Technology has some improving to do. Does yours have the propilot - semi autonomous driving?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3030 posts
1065 upvotes
North York
fusion2k2k wrote: I have a 2018 LEAF with the same issues. It's very common. I found it bad in the winter but improved greatly after snow was gone. All it means is that front detection is disabled - cars without this feature it's always disabled! Lol. Technology has some improving to do. Does yours have the propilot - semi autonomous driving?
Nope wasn’t an available option on the Kicks